Conquer Club

Clickable Maps *Pending*

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: "Point and Click" instead of "Dropdown List?"

Postby Rocketry on Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:57 pm

lancehoch wrote:Side note, j35t3r.us is Busted.

but still online?
Lieutenant Rocketry

Re: "Point and Click" instead of "Dropdown List?"

Postby ManBungalow on Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:28 pm

Rocketry wrote:
lancehoch wrote:Side note, j35t3r.us is Busted.

but still online?

I guess he bought Premium back.

I'm pretty sure that banned players can still come online to finish off the games they were in before they were busted.
Colonel ManBungalow

Re: Clickable Maps *Pending*

Postby paulk on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:42 pm

I am just thinking here... since clickable maps are basically built on JavaScript, would it be so hard to include that javascript in the site?

With a few modifications perhaps, it's already ready to go?

About where to link from and to where: since it is programmed when you make the map xml, it seems to me the easiest would be to use each troop areas center point on the map (where all the armies end up) as an image map, with layers with from-to graphical info underneath.
Major paulk

Re: Clickable Maps *Pending*

Postby Tennisie on Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:05 am

I loaded FireFox but can't get it to work on my PC (keeps crashing). It would be great if clickable maps was built into CC so IE users like me could benefit from it.
Colonel Tennisie

Please Explain Why Clickable Maps Not Implemented Yet?

Postby Surrender Monkey on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:22 am

LackAttack,

Can we please have a frank conversation? I just want to know why you have not implemented clickable maps? I realize this has been suggested already 1,000 times, but I'm just looking for the reason why not. Is it very difficult to change the coding? Can none of the downloadable aps that make the maps clickable be permanently installed site wide?

I mostly play on another online risk type of site but I really tried to make the switch over here last weekend to CC (yes, If I switched over, i'd become a paying member). I joined 3 games and wanted to give it my best shot to deal with the non-clickable maps. But I just can't so I'm leaving again.

In searching your forum for a clue why you don't have them yet, I see that you had promised this to happen almost 3 years ago (February '07):
lackattack wrote:Clickable maps are coming sometime this year.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12160&hilit=clickable Isn't it about time you made good on your promise?

If you want me and 100's like me as members, please make your maps clickable. Please don't tell me, "Oh it's an easy fix to download "so and so's" ap, because if the site owner is too lazy to make it permanelty part of his site, than I'm too lazy to go install this ap on all 3 of my computers I use to play risk on. You don't deserve the time it takes for me to install this ap if you just don't get it.

And LackAttack, your site is still king of the hill for now, but if you don't spend the money it takes to make this change, your two main rivals, Lux Deluxe and LandGrab will overtake you. Your right that the LandGrab site design is still ugly as hell and not-userfriendly, but the word on the street is that Darrell (Desau) over at LG finally came to his senses and is paying a graphic designer to re-design the whole thing.

If Darrel can come to his senses I'm holding out hope that LackAttack can also come to his senses before it's too late. The day you implement clickable maps sitewide, is the day I'll plunk down my $25 and become an active member of CC.

In summary: "If you build it, we will come"
Last edited by Surrender Monkey on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
Private Surrender Monkey

Re: Please Explain Why Clickable Maps Not Implemented Yet?

Postby haggispittjr on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:37 pm

pretty ballsy for a noob
Lieutenant haggispittjr

Postby the.killing.44 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:44 pm

Surrender Monkey wrote:but the word on the street

Tru dat, yo
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Incandenza on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:46 pm

haggispittjr wrote:pretty ballsy for a noob

And yet, he makes good points.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby alex951 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:55 pm

so is lack going to answer? or is he going to ignore it? stay tune and find out!
Corporal alex951

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:05 pm

alex951 wrote:so is lack going to answer? or is he going to ignore it? stay tune and find out!

why should he answer? This guy already said he isn't coming back.
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby alex951 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:17 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:
alex951 wrote:so is lack going to answer? or is he going to ignore it? stay tune and find out!

ok but what about everyone else that isnt using firefox. if a premium pays 25 he should not have to go out of his way to download firefox, find the add-ons and install them. the premium should come with it all. hell it should just be a part of the site. but i'm not complaining i have clickies. :D
Corporal alex951

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:06 pm

alex951 wrote:
Queen_Herpes wrote:

ok but what about everyone else that isnt using firefox. if a premium pays 25 he should not have to go out of his way to download firefox, find the add-ons and install them. the premium should come with it all. hell it should just be a part of the site. but i'm not complaining i have clickies. :D

Yep, this is a do-it-yourself site, which is why the fee is so low. Tough grits to you without firefox or without a system that will support the scripts.
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby ronsizzle on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:25 pm

lux deluxe sucks........

go back there if you like it.
Sergeant 1st Class ronsizzle

Postby Surrender Monkey on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:37 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:why should he answer? This guy already said he isn't coming back.

If LackAttack spends the money to bring Clickable maps to CC, you can hold me to the promise that I will become a paying member.
I will also bring over my girlfriend as a paying member and try to talk a few of my friends into jumping ship as well.

I like a lot of the things Brian/LackAttack has done over here at CC, including the clans, the nice site design, the more active forum communtiy. With clickalbe maps, CC will be the total package. I just hope Brian believes that enough to spend the money to finally get it done.

ronc8649 wrote:lux deluxe sucks........go back there if you like it.

I'm not at Lux Deluxe, I'm at LandGrab, which was doing ok until we started having all of these outages and missing games and...... let's just say that if Brian implemented clickable maps now, it would be perfect timing to grab a whole bunch of dissatisfied LGers.
Last edited by Surrender Monkey on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Private Surrender Monkey

Postby neanderpaul14 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:49 pm

Surrender Monkey wrote:I like a lot of the things Brian has done over here, including the clans, the nice site design, the more active forum communtiy.

Does it have Flame Wars??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby ronsizzle on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:51 pm

neanderpaul14 wrote:
Surrender Monkey wrote:I like a lot of the things Brian has done over here, including the clans, the nice site design, the more active forum communtiy.

i will go there and buy premium if it does.

land grab sucks too. i just looked over the site! it is awful! SUCK IT UP CUPCAKE!
Sergeant 1st Class ronsizzle

Postby Queen_Herpes on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:27 am

ronc8649 wrote:
neanderpaul14 wrote:

i will go there and buy premium if it does.

land grab sucks too. i just looked over the site! it is awful! SUCK IT UP CUPCAKE!

I hear they have coffee and donuts.
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby laddida on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:53 am

theres quit a few people that still dont like clickable maps if it were implemented at least make it an option so it makes both parties happy. Clickable maps is not the easiest thing to learn in the world for new players may drive some new players away as well. I never really liked click maps myself either and ive tried to made mistakes too often with it.
General laddida

Postby Surrender Monkey on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:28 am

laddida wrote:Clickable maps is not the easiest thing to learn in the world for new players may drive some new players away as well.

My friend, u live under a rock. Almost any major software program sold commercially since Windows 3.0 came out in 1990 uses a clickable interface. Not easy to learn? It is the most intuitive type of game interface there is, and I doubt there is any computer literate person that is not familiar with it. A clickable interface is the closest thing you can get to playing risk without a real board.
Private Surrender Monkey

Postby Queen_Herpes on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:49 am

Surrender Monkey wrote:
laddida wrote:Clickable maps is not the easiest thing to learn in the world for new players may drive some new players away as well.

My friend, u live under a rock. Almost any major software program sold commercially since Windows 3.0 came out in 1990 uses a clickable interface. Not easy to learn? It is the most intuitive type of game interface there is, and I doubt there is any computer literate person that is not familiar with it. A clickable interface is the closest thing you can get to playing risk without a real board.

You fell for laddidas BS? Your reply is right on, Surrender Monkey, but laddida was hoping to keep clickable maps off the site.
O:)
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby laddida on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:34 am

Queen_Herpes wrote:
Surrender Monkey wrote:

You fell for laddidas BS? Your reply is right on, Surrender Monkey, but laddida was hoping to keep clickable maps off the site.
O:)

no not saying keep it off the site at all. Just saying have it an option and no clickable maps the version at least we have on here is not the easiest thing to learn it takes getting used to. Something im not willing to lose points either to get used to at least not yet. I tried it and either always attacked too much or ended attacks too soon or forted wrong or didnt fort the number i wanted to fort. It was ok for unlimited forts for when i made this mistake often but not in a chained fort scenario.
General laddida

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:22 pm

Ahoy ahoy!

Right now, Lack is working on an update that will help into the eventual integration of Clickable Maps into Conquer Club's options. More of this update should come out soon.

I'd also like to point out that when given the option, those that visited Lackattack's voting topic about the next wanted update---the Freestyle Fix won out over Clickable Maps. I think Manual deployment was also pretty high up, so that is one reason why both of those updates occurred. ;)

But expect more about Lack's update to help make Clickable Maps possible with Conquer Club behind the scenes.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby laddida on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:52 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Ahoy ahoy!

Right now, Lack is working on an update that will help into the eventual integration of Clickable Maps into Conquer Club's options. More of this update should come out soon.

I'd also like to point out that when given the option, those that visited Lackattack's voting topic about the next wanted update---the Freestyle Fix won out over Clickable Maps. I think Manual deployment was also pretty high up, so that is one reason why both of those updates occurred. ;)

But expect more about Lack's update to help make Clickable Maps possible with Conquer Club behind the scenes.

--Andy

i hope when this clickable maps is updated that ill still be able to play from work too any downloads or certain scripts maybe blocked from here at work and this is where i play 90% of my turns. So not sure how its done i just hope it doesnt knock me off the site completly. Another reason why i dont use the current click maps cause i just cant download anything at work not even the smallest of files.
General laddida

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:01 pm

When Clickable Maps gets integrated---you won't need to download anything like a script to run it. It will be a part of the interface, probably an option via the Game Settings (though I am speculating here, not sure how Lack will specifically coded it)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby jammyjames on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:03 pm

Surrender Monkey wrote:

your an idiot... check the pugins and addons section in GD... clickable maps has bee naround ages, these kind people were just having some fun with you... you silly little man you :lol:
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions