Refresh everyone's points on the same day once per year

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

Refresh everyone's points on the same day once per year

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:33 pm

Concise description:
  • Refresh everyone's points to the same level once per year on say, New Year's Day

Specifics/Details:
  • As stated above

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Can function as a method of eliminating points earned by farming or multis
  • Can give players who have been hammered with losses a chance to reset
  • Would give an opportunity to amend the point system that determines rankings at least once per year
  • Potential drawback would be that players would play poorly as the reset approaches; however, by keeping statistics like medals, win percentage and other methods of determining a player's success, might keep players playing well for those statistics and medals
  • Potential drawback for freemiums who are at a high rank due to good play - it might take them an eternity to return to a high rank
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
User avatar
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes
 
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Right Here. Look into my eyes.
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Refresh everyone's points on the same day once per year

Postby 40kguy on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:36 pm

no
Image
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class 40kguy
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:39 am
Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Refresh everyone's points on the same day once per year

Postby jefjef on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:48 pm

Eliminate hard earned points. I don't think so.

Crap idea.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
Image
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
User avatar
Colonel jefjef
 
Posts: 5994
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: on my ass
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (11)
Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Refresh everyone's points on the same day once per year

Postby MichelSableheart on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:58 pm

I believe that point total should be an indication of players skill. If someone has a high number of points, you can be sure that there is at least 1 combination of gametype/settings that player is very good at, or they are pretty good allround.

Immediately after a reset, point totals would be useless as indication of skill, because everyone has the same point total. Only when a significant number of games have been played do ratings stabilize.

It took me more then a year to cross the 2000 point mark, and I don't feel that my rating has stabilized yet. If this was implemented, my rating would never be an accurate indication of my skill.
User avatar
Colonel MichelSableheart
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Refresh everyone's points on the same day once per year

Postby eddie2 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:45 pm

dont think this one will work queen due to the fact that people play to get a higher rank. so say you play for 12 months get 2 within 2 points of a hat then have it reset there will be an outcry of complaints
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class eddie2
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: jersey channel islands
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: Refresh everyone's points on the same day once per year

Postby Woodruff on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:52 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:Concise description:
  • Refresh everyone's points to the same level once per year on say, New Year's Day

Specifics/Details:
  • As stated above

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Can function as a method of eliminating points earned by farming or multis
  • Can give players who have been hammered with losses a chance to reset
  • Would give an opportunity to amend the point system that determines rankings at least once per year
  • Potential drawback would be that players would play poorly as the reset approaches; however, by keeping statistics like medals, win percentage and other methods of determining a player's success, might keep players playing well for those statistics and medals
  • Potential drawback for freemiums who are at a high rank due to good play - it might take them an eternity to return to a high rank


I like the idea personally, but I absolutely can see why so many others are against it, for the reasons mentioned. Even though I like the idea, I do actually agree with them.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4974
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Refresh everyone's points on the same day once per year

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:29 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Queen_Herpes wrote:Concise description:
  • Refresh everyone's points to the same level once per year on say, New Year's Day

Specifics/Details:
  • As stated above

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Can function as a method of eliminating points earned by farming or multis
  • Can give players who have been hammered with losses a chance to reset
  • Would give an opportunity to amend the point system that determines rankings at least once per year
  • Potential drawback would be that players would play poorly as the reset approaches; however, by keeping statistics like medals, win percentage and other methods of determining a player's success, might keep players playing well for those statistics and medals
  • Potential drawback for freemiums who are at a high rank due to good play - it might take them an eternity to return to a high rank


I like the idea personally, but I absolutely can see why so many others are against it, for the reasons mentioned. Even though I like the idea, I do actually agree with them.


I'm on the same boat. Perhaps reject this, but please consider a suggestion that does something to address the devaluation of the ranking system due to multis and farmers.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
User avatar
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes
 
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Right Here. Look into my eyes.
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Refresh everyone's points on the same day once per year

Postby MegasWoman on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:13 pm

oh no no no! I am finally an officer! Gray hair for nothing? I dont think so!
User avatar
Lieutenant MegasWoman
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:29 am
Location: Texas
Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (13)

Re: Refresh everyone's points on the same day once per year

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:32 am

Queen_Herpes wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Queen_Herpes wrote:Concise description:
  • Refresh everyone's points to the same level once per year on say, New Year's Day

Specifics/Details:
  • As stated above

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Can function as a method of eliminating points earned by farming or multis
  • Can give players who have been hammered with losses a chance to reset
  • Would give an opportunity to amend the point system that determines rankings at least once per year
  • Potential drawback would be that players would play poorly as the reset approaches; however, by keeping statistics like medals, win percentage and other methods of determining a player's success, might keep players playing well for those statistics and medals
  • Potential drawback for freemiums who are at a high rank due to good play - it might take them an eternity to return to a high rank


I like the idea personally, but I absolutely can see why so many others are against it, for the reasons mentioned. Even though I like the idea, I do actually agree with them.


I'm on the same boat. Perhaps reject this, but please consider a suggestion that does something to address the devaluation of the ranking system due to multis and farmers.


I'm moving this to Rejected QH. If you can come up with a better way of "devaluation of the ranking system", please, start up another thread :)
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant TheForgivenOne
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Lost somewhere in the snow. HELP ME
Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Refresh everyone's points on the same day once per year

Postby Darwins_Bane on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:03 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:I'm moving this to Rejected QH. If you can come up with a better way of "devaluation of the ranking system", please, start up another thread :)

thanks for my sig. :)
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ‹Khan22› wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ‹TheForgivenOne› No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:09 pm
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
General Contribution (4)


Return to Archived Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login