Refresh everyone's points on the same day once per year

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

Refresh everyone's points on the same day once per year

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:33 pm

Concise description:
  • Refresh everyone's points to the same level once per year on say, New Year's Day

Specifics/Details:
  • As stated above

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Can function as a method of eliminating points earned by farming or multis
  • Can give players who have been hammered with losses a chance to reset
  • Would give an opportunity to amend the point system that determines rankings at least once per year
  • Potential drawback would be that players would play poorly as the reset approaches; however, by keeping statistics like medals, win percentage and other methods of determining a player's success, might keep players playing well for those statistics and medals
  • Potential drawback for freemiums who are at a high rank due to good play - it might take them an eternity to return to a high rank
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Refresh everyone's points on the same day once per year

Postby 40kguy on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:36 pm

no
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Sergeant 1st Class 40kguy

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby jefjef on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:48 pm

Eliminate hard earned points. I don't think so.

Crap idea.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (11)
Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby MichelSableheart on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:58 pm

I believe that point total should be an indication of players skill. If someone has a high number of points, you can be sure that there is at least 1 combination of gametype/settings that player is very good at, or they are pretty good allround.

Immediately after a reset, point totals would be useless as indication of skill, because everyone has the same point total. Only when a significant number of games have been played do ratings stabilize.

It took me more then a year to cross the 2000 point mark, and I don't feel that my rating has stabilized yet. If this was implemented, my rating would never be an accurate indication of my skill.
Colonel MichelSableheart

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby eddie2 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:45 pm

dont think this one will work queen due to the fact that people play to get a higher rank. so say you play for 12 months get 2 within 2 points of a hat then have it reset there will be an outcry of complaints
Sergeant 1st Class eddie2

Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Postby Woodruff on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:52 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:Concise description:
  • Refresh everyone's points to the same level once per year on say, New Year's Day

Specifics/Details:
  • As stated above

• Would give an opportunity to amend the point system that determines rankings at least once per year
  • Potential drawback would be that players would play poorly as the reset approaches; however, by keeping statistics like medals, win percentage and other methods of determining a player's success, might keep players playing well for those statistics and medals
  • Potential drawback for freemiums who are at a high rank due to good play - it might take them an eternity to return to a high rank

I like the idea personally, but I absolutely can see why so many others are against it, for the reasons mentioned. Even though I like the idea, I do actually agree with them.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:29 pm

Woodruff wrote:

Specifics/Details:
  • As stated above

I like the idea personally, but I absolutely can see why so many others are against it, for the reasons mentioned. Even though I like the idea, I do actually agree with them.

I'm on the same boat. Perhaps reject this, but please consider a suggestion that does something to address the devaluation of the ranking system due to multis and farmers.

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby MegasWoman on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:13 pm

oh no no no! I am finally an officer! Gray hair for nothing? I dont think so!
Lieutenant MegasWoman

Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (13)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:32 am

Queen_Herpes wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Specifics/Details:
  • As stated above

I'm on the same boat. Perhaps reject this, but please consider a suggestion that does something to address the devaluation of the ranking system due to multis and farmers.

I'm moving this to Rejected QH. If you can come up with a better way of "devaluation of the ranking system", please, start up another thread :)
Lieutenant TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Postby Darwins_Bane on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:03 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:I'm moving this to Rejected QH. If you can come up with a better way of "devaluation of the ranking system", please, start up another thread :)

thanks for my sig. :)
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ‹Khan22› wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ‹TheForgivenOne› No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
General Contribution (4)

Return to Archived Suggestions