Conquer Club

Transporter Spoils

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Transporter Spoils

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:33 am

Concise description:
  • A spoils option that would let you move troops of any matching card to any territory you own

Specifics/Details:
  • When a player has a matching set, he can turn it in. The player does not receive any additional troops, but he can transport any troops he has on any matching spoil territory to any territory he owns on the board. Then the player can start their attack.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • By using Transporter Spoils as a substitute for No Spoil games, it will make those games a bit more interesting and break up any stalemates in game play.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Re: Transporter Spoils

Postby greenoaks on Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:48 am

CreepersWiener wrote:[*]By using Transporter Spoils as a substitute for No Spoil games, it will make those games a bit more interesting and break up any stalemates in game play.[/list]

no it won't

those games will still be no spoils games and be as interesting or not as before
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:54 pm

I like this idea =D> Idk if it would be possible to program/implement this, though.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby CreepersWiener on Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:32 am

greenoaks wrote:
CreepersWiener wrote:[*]By using Transporter Spoils as a substitute for No Spoil games, it will make those games a bit more interesting and break up any stalemates in game play.[/list]

no it won't

those games will still be no spoils games and be as interesting or not as before

I take it that you are not a big No Spoils fan. In No Spoils, 99.9% of the time, when a player ends up getting a bonus he begins to stack troops. This starts a chain reaction of most players to do the same. Then game play becomes halted for long durations until someone decides to act, usually a suicide type of attack. If you implement a spoils game that would allow a player to attack any territory on the board, the other players would see that player beginning to stack troops on various locales hinting at the possible owning of such cards and would stimulate players to push attacks towards those territories instead of just sitting and bolstering their borders and adjacent territories that defend those borders.

I don't even know if the gaming program would even allow this type of spoil. There are Bombarding games and Nuclear Spoils, so I think Transporter would work as well.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Return to Archived Suggestions