Conquer Club

[GP/UI] Paratroop Reinforcements

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like to see this implemented ?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes : 238

Re: Paratroop Reinforcements

Postby jsnyder748 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:49 am

yes it sounds cool, would be popular with qauds manual games that is for sure. and another medal !
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby greenoaks on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:36 am

jsnyder748 wrote:yes it sounds cool, would be popular with qauds manual games that is for sure. and another medal !

there is currently no medal based on Reinforcements. every other category of game options has at least 1.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby MyTurnToWin on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:00 pm

You got my yes vote... I like the idea.
Sergeant MyTurnToWin

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Alright, I am going to move this to Submitted.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby greenoaks on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:03 am

any word on this suggestion's progress?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby agentcom on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:53 pm

greenoaks wrote:
jsnyder748 wrote:yes it sounds cool, would be popular with qauds manual games that is for sure. and another medal !

there is currently no medal based on Reinforcements. every other category of game options has at least 1.

And it's such an obvious and cool medal design, too: something with a parachute! Although, I'm not sure why you need a medal for reinforcement type. To me the difference between chained, unlimited and paratroop wouldn't be as much of a difference as between Game Types (standard, assassin, etc.), Nuke Spoils vs. other kinds. I would think that the first medals for reinforcement types should really go to adjacent. So I wouldn't support a medal for this.

But a medal is way past where this discussion is. On the question of should it be an option ... I say YES.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Woodruff on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:38 pm

greenoaks wrote:any word on this suggestion's progress?

Dude, we have accepted suggestions that are nearing the 5-year mark. You've gotta wait a while unless it's something stupid like nuclear spoils.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby greenoaks on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Woodruff wrote:
greenoaks wrote:any word on this suggestion's progress?

Dude, we have accepted suggestions that are nearing the 5-year mark. You've gotta wait a while unless it's something stupid like nuclear spoils.

there is no harm in asking
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby greenoaks on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:17 am

agentcom wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

And it's such an obvious and cool medal design, too: something with a parachute!

hows this one ?

agentcom wrote:I would think that the first medals for reinforcement types should really go to adjacent. So I wouldn't support a medal for this.

But a medal is way past where this discussion is. On the question of should it be an option ... I say YES.

i don't think medals will be awarded for any setting that is similar to the boardgame Risk.

CC awards medals to encourage us to play settings that differ from that boardgame, allowing lack to claim we are something different altogether.
Last edited by greenoaks on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant greenoaks

Airlift!

Postby Vlasov on Thu May 03, 2012 5:59 am

Now that the Trench option has been enacted, how about an "opposite" of sorts? I apologize if this has been suggested before -- didn't have time to search it; didn't see it in the Suggestions listing.

Airlift would be a once-per-turn ability during the Reinforcement phase. It should not conflict with other reinforcement options, although the Player who uses it would obviously end his reinforcements at that point if using the Basic or Chained options.

Airlift would allow any number of Player's armies to be moved to any other owned territory, regardless of borders (without abandoning the source territory, of course). Airlift to partners in Team games would also be permitted.

How would this benefit ConquerClub? Yet another tactical/strategic option equals more fun -- not to mention realism on maps of 20th/21st century wars where airlift is a real military capability.

Sincerely submitted -- Vaslov, Premier of UFPNS
Last edited by Vlasov on Thu May 03, 2012 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cadet Vlasov

Re: Airlift!

Postby greenoaks on Thu May 03, 2012 6:39 am

this is very similar to my suggested Paratroop reinforment option
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Vlasov on Thu May 03, 2012 7:46 am

Thanks, Greenoaks -- I figured a similar suggestion must have been made by someone before. Whether it's called Paratroops or Airlift or whatever, I hope it gets some attention!
Cadet Vlasov

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu May 03, 2012 8:29 am

Paratroop Reinforcement, for those curious about greenoak's post.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby agentcom on Thu May 03, 2012 12:07 pm

Merge?
Colonel agentcom

Airlift reinforcement

Postby Vlasov on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:58 pm

During the reinforcement phase, Airlift could be an option:

1) With Adjacent or Chained reinforcement, armies can be moved to ANY non-adjacent friendly territory in lieu of the standard reinforcement.
2) With Unlimited reinforcement, armies can be "airlifted" only once per turn, with all other reinforcements proceeding normally.

If this is too radical, perhaps a payment/loss of one or more armies could be included in the Airlift reinforcement.

Sorry, I didn't check to see if this topic has been suggested before.

It introduces a new strategic element, since a player holding separated map positions could transfer forces from a weak point to a strong point, and perhaps survive longer. I'm sure there would be many ramifications, especially when combined with other options (e.g. Assassin) and the more complex maps.

Vlasov
Cadet Vlasov

Re: Airlift reinforcement

Postby greenoaks on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:05 pm

i suggested it back in 2010 and it is currently in Submitted Suggestions

Paratroop Reinforments

Airlift is mentioned as an alternative name for it.
Sergeant greenoaks

Re: Airlift reinforcement

Postby Vlasov on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:40 pm

Excellent.... thanks for your reply.
Cadet Vlasov

Postby Vlasov on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:46 pm

I like Greenoaks' suggestion, as described above. My own recent suggestion is to add "airlift"/paratroops as an auxiliary method of reinforcement which could be used instead of Adjacent or Chained, or be combined with Unlimited reinforcement (only once per turn).
Cadet Vlasov

Postby agentcom on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:48 pm

MERGED.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Vlasov on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:04 am

I agree with merging "airlift" under the name "Paratroop" -- my recent suggestion is very similar, but Greenoaks said it first, and his idea is more concise and easier to implement.
Cadet Vlasov

Postby greenoaks on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:30 am

Vlasov wrote:I agree with merging "airlift" under the name "Paratroop" -- my recent suggestion is very similar, but Greenoaks said it first, and his idea is more concise and easier to implement.

ty, there does seem to be a gap in the reinforcements spotted by both of us.
we can move all groups to any connected territory
we can move one group to any connected territory
we can move one group to any adjacent territory

how about one group to any unconnected territory?

i don't mind what it is called. however for me with:-
Paratroop i think of troops arriving to reinforce a region or land behind enemy lines
Airlift i picture as an emergency evacuation
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Vlasov on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:47 am

My original idea (now modified) was that Paratroop reinforcement would be COMBINED with the other Reinforcement options:
1) With Adjacent or Chained, it would allow one transfer of a group of armies to any other friendly territory (i.e. same player or an ally in team games) in lieu of any other reinforcement.
2) With Unlimited, it would allow one transfer of a group of armies to any other friendly territory -- HOWEVER only once per turn (to prevent a player from redistributing his armies all over the map).
"Paratroops" is a better term, although the idea of "airlift" to evacuate armies from a surrounded territory might apply in certain cases.
Cadet Vlasov

Postby agentcom on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:10 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Paratroop i think of troops arriving to reinforce a region or land behind enemy lines

As far as a narrative goes, I think people would use this feature to do both. I'm not sure if you're promoting one or the other here, but both seem applicable to different ways players would use this feature. "Airlift" your troops out of Aus because you know some noob is going to crash stacks. "Paratroop" your partner to make a surprise attack from deep within enemy lines.

Vlasov wrote:My original idea (now modified) was that Paratroop reinforcement would be COMBINED with the other Reinforcement options:
1) With Adjacent or Chained, it would allow one transfer of a group of armies to any other friendly territory (i.e. same player or an ally in team games) in lieu of any other reinforcement.
2) With Unlimited, it would allow one transfer of a group of armies to any other friendly territory -- HOWEVER only once per turn (to prevent a player from redistributing his armies all over the map).
"Paratroops" is a better term, although the idea of "airlift" to evacuate armies from a surrounded territory might apply in certain cases.

I agree that unlimited paratroop moving is probably a bad idea. In a doubles game, I would think that this would virtually ensure the win to the team that played first except on a very few select maps and rare cases of extremely poor dice.
Colonel agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:38 pm

agentcom wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

As far as a narrative goes, I think people would use this feature to do both. I'm not sure if you're promoting one or the other here, but both seem applicable to different ways players would use this feature. "Airlift" your troops out of Aus because you know some noob is going to crash stacks. "Paratroop" your partner to make a surprise attack from deep within enemy lines.

i'm just thinking out loud as they are both decent names.
Sergeant greenoaks

Re: [GP/UI] Paratroop Reinforcements

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:09 am

MERGED an identical topic.
Lieutenant chapcrap

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions