Which add-ons would you like to see built in first?

Suggestions that have been inactive for a long period of time.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: Which add-ons would you like to see built in first?

Postby greenoaks on Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:38 am

Streaker wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
Doc_Brown wrote:What about combining this with QH's other suggestion? The Add-ons are implemented, but you can't actually use them until you unlock them by winning a certain number of games. It would be like World of Warcraft where you don't get the more advanced abilities until you rank up to a certain level. And everyone like WoW, so obviously implementing the concept here would attract many more people to this site!

or they are only unlocked by paying for membership

it is the premiums paying for the development of additional features

This isn't a bad idea. Unluck features such as BOB (built-in) with premium membership. Premium gets more content and we have more advantages for spending our money here.

and if your premium lapses you loose those features. pay up and once again you enjoy the full CC experience
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby OliverFA on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:02 am

My humble opinion: Don't implement any existing add-on. We already have the functionality throught the add-on, and incorporating the functionality in the site is only a waste of the precious scarce resources available for CC development.

As an example, if Bob was implemented in the site, we would not get anything because we already use Bob. But we would lose another feature that could had been implemented but was not.

Better use that development time for more XML updates. That will result in better maps. Maps are the soul of the site. A great interface without maps would be worth nothing.

Or use the development time to implement engine updates. Like Infected Neutrals. Or Adjacent Attacks. Providing more variety to the site and thus more interest.

My favourite browser is Internet Explorer, but I don't have any problem using Firefox for CC so I can use all the add-ons. I don't see it so hard.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Corporal 1st Class OliverFA

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (5)

Postby Woodruff on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:49 pm

greenoaks wrote:why don't you just give us a list of all the add-ons

Really...then maybe we all vote for them? This seems like the more efficient method.

OliverFA wrote:My favourite browser is Internet Explorer, but I don't have any problem using Firefox for CC so I can use all the add-ons. I don't see it so hard.

Some people literally CAN'T use Firefox as their browser. I used to work at a place that REQUIRED Internet Explorer. No, it wasn't at MicroSoft. <grin>
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:33 pm

OliverFA wrote:My humble opinion: Don't implement any existing add-on. We already have the functionality throught the add-on, and incorporating the functionality in the site is only a waste of the precious scarce resources available for CC development.

Agree 100%.
Major drunkmonkey

Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (10)

Postby OliverFA on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:37 pm

Woodruff wrote:Some people literally CAN'T use Firefox as their browser. I used to work at a place that REQUIRED Internet Explorer. No, it wasn't at MicroSoft. <grin>

But CC is supposed to be played from home or a similar place. Definitely not from work. Usually, people have full access to computers they used for leisure.

It's just my opinion, but I think that expanding the game will bring (and retain) a lot more players than improving the interface. Of course, if both things can be done, that's even better. But if I have to choose between interface or gameplay features, I choose the second.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (5)

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:40 pm

OliverFA wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Some people literally CAN'T use Firefox as their browser. I used to work at a place that REQUIRED Internet Explorer. No, it wasn't at MicroSoft. <grin>

But CC is supposed to be played from home or a similar place. Definitely not from work. Usually, people have full access to computers they used for leisure.

It's just my opinion, but I think that expanding the game will bring (and retain) a lot more players than improving the interface. Of course, if both things can be done, that's even better. But if I have to choose between interface or gameplay features, I choose the second.

Many workplaces also restrict internet access. We shouldn't be modeling CC to accommodate workplace restrictions.
Major drunkmonkey

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (10)

Postby Woodruff on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:49 pm

OliverFA wrote:

But CC is supposed to be played from home or a similar place. Definitely not from work.

Says who? I didn't see that anywhere when I logged in.

I don't really disagree with your position regarding add-ons, but I very much disagree with your rationale for it.

drunkmonkey wrote:
OliverFA wrote:

Many workplaces also restrict internet access. We shouldn't be modeling CC to accommodate workplace restrictions.

You DON'T KNOW what workplace restrictions may be in place. That's my point. You're presuming that ALL workplaces have those restrictions, and that certainly is not the case.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Woodruff wrote:You DON'T KNOW what workplace restrictions may be in place. That's my point. You're presuming that ALL workplaces have those restrictions, and that certainly is not the case.

I'm not presuming anything. I'm simply stating,
drunkmonkey wrote:We shouldn't be modeling CC to accommodate workplace restrictions.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Woodruff on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:16 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
Woodruff wrote:You DON'T KNOW what workplace restrictions may be in place. That's my point. You're presuming that ALL workplaces have those restrictions, and that certainly is not the case.

I'm not presuming anything. I'm simply stating,
drunkmonkey wrote:We shouldn't be modeling CC to accommodate workplace restrictions.

You are presuming - you DON'T KNOW what workplace restrictions may be in place. As I said before, that's my point. How can we possibly be "modeling CC to accomodate workplace restrictions" if we don't know what they are?

Postby OliverFA on Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Woodruff wrote:
OliverFA wrote:

But CC is supposed to be played from home or a similar place. Definitely not from work.

Says who? I didn't see that anywhere when I logged in.

I don't really disagree with your position regarding add-ons, but I very much disagree with your rationale for it.

I think everyone made his point and gave his reasons. It's not really useful to continue debating about this. I only hope that the few resources available for CC development are used in the best way possible.

My Maps:

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:04 pm

I think some things should be built into the site that are currently add-ons, or things that could be add-ons, speaking of which.

It isn't always about people who work, but also for the people who come, play the game, and aren't forum goers. These people probably aren't aware that we even have a tech forum, so at least giving them the same opportunity as everyone else while they play the games seems reasonable.

Then there's the browser debate. I personally can't stand Firefox, and only have it on here for Map Rank. I use Google Chrome for my other stuff, as it supports Clickable Maps, Assault Odds, and some other miscellaneous items that I enjoy using. If something like Map Rank annexed itself to the site, I would be more than pleased. I don't play CC at school or anything of the sorts, so it's really just more of a convenience issue.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby Doc_Brown on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:20 am

There are a lot of great add-ons available, but many of them are best as add-ons. I use BOB, Assault Odds, Dice Analyzer and Conquer Stats among others. But having all of them turned on at once makes for a really cluttered game screen. I think most of the key functionality (clickable maps and some of the BOB features) have already been implemented in the site. I'm sure the Map Rank, Adjacent Spoils, and Watch this Game would be nice to have (though Watch this Game has been rejected as site functionality before), and they would add basic features without making things more complicated, so I wouldn't oppose adding those. But I like disabling add-ons that I'm not using to keep the game screen more streamlined and easy to use. Unless they know what they mean and why they're there, the extra tables of statistics and numbers will just end up confusing people and should be left as add-ons.
Major Doc_Brown

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (2)

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:16 am

Sigh...you said:
Woodruff wrote:Some people literally CAN'T use Firefox as their browser. I used to work at a place that REQUIRED Internet Explorer.

Then I said:

Then you said:
Woodruff wrote:You are presuming - you DON'T KNOW what workplace restrictions may be in place. As I said before, that's my point. How can we possibly be "modeling CC to accomodate workplace restrictions" if we don't know what they are?

I don't understand your argument. You're saying CC should build in available add-ons, because some workplaces don't allow Firefox. I said workplace restrictions shouldn't be accommodated. Then you told me I don't know what restrictions are in place, after you told me what restrictions you want to work around.

You can't say "Firefox add-ons aren't good enough, because some workplaces don't allow Firefox" and "We can't accommodate workplace restrictions because we don't know what they are."
Major drunkmonkey

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:25 am

A LOT of people cannot use add-ons for all sorts of reasons. They take up extra computer space, you may not have Firefox, etc, etc, etc,

It is nice that people have created them, but unless they are integral to CC, it means some people get to use them and others.. premium or not, do not.

Things I would like:

#1. ability to have different colors. I am tired of playing green people on green maps!

#2. maprank. OK, its just fun, but I would like to see it or something very close. (maprank has been around a while, before moving it into CC proper might be a good time to consider if it needs tweaking).

#3 I really don't know any other add-ons. However, I do know I keep seeing suggestions I like, want and see the response "hey, that's already an add-on". It gets VERY FRUSTRATING!
Corporal 1st Class PLAYER57832

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:36 am

I personally do not like Firefox. In my opinion, Google Chrome > Firefox.

For me Firefox is slow, klunky, and seems a lot like Internet Explorer. While Google Chrome is a lot faster for me, and gives me more screen to use because it doesn't have any toolbars.

I may make it known to users that is available via an add-on for FF or GC, but doesn't mean I wouldn't support it being implemented onto the site. If I could choose 1 add-on to be put on first, I would personally pick Map rank.
Sergeant TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:38 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:A LOT of people cannot use add-ons for all sorts of reasons. They take up extra computer space, you may not have Firefox, etc, etc, etc,

Firefox is a free download, and scripts do not take up significant space.

#3 I really don't know any other add-ons. However, I do know I keep seeing suggestions I like, want and see the response "hey, that's already an add-on". It gets VERY FRUSTRATING!

Available add-ons can be found here: viewforum.php?f=527 Try them out. They're easy to use, and if you have trouble, the Tech team is there to help you.

If the issue is people who don't use the forums, why not a link to Tools on the side menu or top of the Games page?
Major drunkmonkey

Postby OliverFA on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:34 am

drunkmonkey wrote:If the issue is people who don't use the forums, why not a link to Tools on the side menu or top of the Games page?

That's a very good suggestion. Spend some time making integration with add-ons a lot more easier. Then players who don't go to forums can also benefit from it but the effort is much more smaller than implementing the add-on in the site.

My Maps:

Postby Woodruff on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:40 am

drunkmonkey wrote:Sigh...you said:
Woodruff wrote:Some people literally CAN'T use Firefox as their browser. I used to work at a place that REQUIRED Internet Explorer.

Then I said:

Then you said:
Woodruff wrote:You are presuming - you DON'T KNOW what workplace restrictions may be in place. As I said before, that's my point. How can we possibly be "modeling CC to accomodate workplace restrictions" if we don't know what they are?

I don't understand your argument. You're saying CC should build in available add-ons, because some workplaces don't allow Firefox.

I said workplace restrictions shouldn't be accommodated. Then you told me I don't know what restrictions are in place, after you told me what restrictions you want to work around.

You can't say "Firefox add-ons aren't good enough, because some workplaces don't allow Firefox" and "We can't accommodate workplace restrictions because we don't know what they are."

What you've missed is the part previous to the initial statement by me which you quoted above. My response there is directly toward the contention that someone made that was:
"My favourite browser is Internet Explorer, but I don't have any problem using Firefox for CC so I can use all the add-ons. I don't see it so hard."

So perhaps you can now see that my argument was against the idea that "I don't have any problem using Firefox, so neither should anyone else", NOT that it was "accomodating workplace requirements". Good Lord, it's not hard people...just follow the damn conversation.

Once again, I will state that I don't think that the add-ons should necessarily be put onto the site itself. But that's only my personal opinion, and I don't have any real justification for it. However, the arguments being put forth against it are quite frankly full of holes and not well thought-through.
Last edited by Woodruff on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Woodruff on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:43 am

Again, my contention for this thread is as greenoaks originally suggested...someone needs to just list ALL of the add-ons here, and we can vote for them. That is a much more efficient method than this current attempt is.

Postby vrex on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:07 pm

i'd have to agree with woodruff here, admittedly, bacause im too lazy to go find out which add-ons you guys are talking about 8-[
Highest rank:

AWESOME!! I achieved point count above!! \:D/
Captain vrex

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby blakebowling on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Woodruff wrote:Again, my contention for this thread is as greenoaks originally suggested...someone needs to just list ALL of the add-ons here, and we can vote for them. That is a much more efficient method than this current attempt is.

That is what QH is supposed to be doing. Compiling a list of addons that could be implemented into the site here, and getting a general priority for them.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Postby Queen_Herpes on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:00 pm

Should I just list the addons? Or should I try to compile the ones suggested as becoming built-ins?
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby blakebowling on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:26 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:Should I just list the addons? Or should I try to compile the ones suggested as becoming built-ins?

Both. List the popular addons, and if they already have suggestion threads of their own, provide links to them.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:36 pm

Well, to help out, I'll nominate these:

Map Rank
Some of BOB (map inspect, snapshots)

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby Woodruff on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:Should I just list the addons? Or should I try to compile the ones suggested as becoming built-ins?

In my opinion, they should all be listed. Otherwise, how can we get a good judgement?

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions