Which add-ons would you like to see built in first?

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

Re: Which add-ons would you like to see built in first?

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:38 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:A LOT of people cannot use add-ons for all sorts of reasons. They take up extra computer space, you may not have Firefox, etc, etc, etc,

Firefox is a free download, and scripts do not take up significant space.

#3 I really don't know any other add-ons. However, I do know I keep seeing suggestions I like, want and see the response "hey, that's already an add-on". It gets VERY FRUSTRATING!

Available add-ons can be found here: viewforum.php?f=527 Try them out. They're easy to use, and if you have trouble, the Tech team is there to help you.

If the issue is people who don't use the forums, why not a link to Tools on the side menu or top of the Games page?
Major drunkmonkey

Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (10)

Postby OliverFA on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:34 am

drunkmonkey wrote:If the issue is people who don't use the forums, why not a link to Tools on the side menu or top of the Games page?

That's a very good suggestion. Spend some time making integration with add-ons a lot more easier. Then players who don't go to forums can also benefit from it but the effort is much more smaller than implementing the add-on in the site.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (5)

Postby Woodruff on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:40 am

drunkmonkey wrote:Sigh...you said:
Woodruff wrote:Some people literally CAN'T use Firefox as their browser. I used to work at a place that REQUIRED Internet Explorer.

Then I said:
drunkmonkey wrote:We shouldn't be modeling CC to accommodate workplace restrictions.

Then you said:
Woodruff wrote:You are presuming - you DON'T KNOW what workplace restrictions may be in place. As I said before, that's my point. How can we possibly be "modeling CC to accomodate workplace restrictions" if we don't know what they are?

I don't understand your argument. You're saying CC should build in available add-ons, because some workplaces don't allow Firefox.

I said workplace restrictions shouldn't be accommodated. Then you told me I don't know what restrictions are in place, after you told me what restrictions you want to work around.

You can't say "Firefox add-ons aren't good enough, because some workplaces don't allow Firefox" and "We can't accommodate workplace restrictions because we don't know what they are."

What you've missed is the part previous to the initial statement by me which you quoted above. My response there is directly toward the contention that someone made that was:
"My favourite browser is Internet Explorer, but I don't have any problem using Firefox for CC so I can use all the add-ons. I don't see it so hard."

So perhaps you can now see that my argument was against the idea that "I don't have any problem using Firefox, so neither should anyone else", NOT that it was "accomodating workplace requirements". Good Lord, it's not hard people...just follow the damn conversation.

Once again, I will state that I don't think that the add-ons should necessarily be put onto the site itself. But that's only my personal opinion, and I don't have any real justification for it. However, the arguments being put forth against it are quite frankly full of holes and not well thought-through.
Last edited by Woodruff on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Woodruff on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:43 am

Again, my contention for this thread is as greenoaks originally suggested...someone needs to just list ALL of the add-ons here, and we can vote for them. That is a much more efficient method than this current attempt is.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby vrex on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:07 pm

i'd have to agree with woodruff here, admittedly, bacause im too lazy to go find out which add-ons you guys are talking about 8-[
Highest rank:

AWESOME!! I achieved point count above!! \:D/
Captain vrex

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby blakebowling on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Woodruff wrote:Again, my contention for this thread is as greenoaks originally suggested...someone needs to just list ALL of the add-ons here, and we can vote for them. That is a much more efficient method than this current attempt is.

That is what QH is supposed to be doing. Compiling a list of addons that could be implemented into the site here, and getting a general priority for them.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Postby Queen_Herpes on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:00 pm

Should I just list the addons? Or should I try to compile the ones suggested as becoming built-ins?
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby blakebowling on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:26 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:Should I just list the addons? Or should I try to compile the ones suggested as becoming built-ins?

Both. List the popular addons, and if they already have suggestion threads of their own, provide links to them.
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:36 pm

Well, to help out, I'll nominate these:

Map Rank
Some of BOB (map inspect, snapshots)

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby Woodruff on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:Should I just list the addons? Or should I try to compile the ones suggested as becoming built-ins?

In my opinion, they should all be listed. Otherwise, how can we get a good judgement?

Postby Dako on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:37 am

List them.

And to Woodruff. Talking about restrictions. Add-ons were designed for Firefox. If you like to use IE - it is your choice. But there are not physical restriction to install Firefox and use available tools. If you do not like it - it is you personal choice, no one has forced you to use IE. That is what people are talking there, because there can be no home PC that you use for leisure that cannot have Firefox installed there by some evil force.
Brigadier Dako

Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (24)
Clan Achievement (21) General Contribution (20)

Postby Woodruff on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:51 am

Dako wrote:And to Woodruff. Talking about restrictions. Add-ons were designed for Firefox. If you like to use IE - it is your choice. But there are not physical restriction to install Firefox and use available tools. If you do not like it - it is you personal choice, no one has forced you to use IE. That is what people are talking there, because there can be no home PC that you use for leisure that cannot have Firefox installed there by some evil force.

Dako, you seem to have entirely missed everything I was saying. I have not at all intimated anything about not using Firefox by choice. Could I get you to please re-read my posts?

Postby Dako on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:57 pm

I have re-read them as of now for the second time. I haven't got a slightest urge to rephrase my post.

Didn't you say that some users might be limited to IE only?
Brigadier Dako

Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (24)

Postby Woodruff on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:56 pm

Dako wrote:I have re-read them as of now for the second time. I haven't got a slightest urge to rephrase my post.

Yes, which has nothing at all to do with "choice" or "like to use IE" which is what you said.

Postby drunkmonkey on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:09 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Dako wrote:I have re-read them as of now for the second time. I haven't got a slightest urge to rephrase my post.

Yes, which has nothing at all to do with "choice" or "like to use IE" which is what you said.

No one is limited to IE at home. You already made it clear that this isn't about accommodating workplace restrictions. So, please explain how a person can be limited to IE only.
Major drunkmonkey

Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (10)

Postby blakebowling on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:17 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

No one is limited to IE at home. You already made it clear that this isn't about accommodating workplace restrictions. So, please explain how a person can be limited to IE only.

This thread is not about who can use which browser. It is to determine which addons people would like first, not if addons should be implemented before other suggestions. Essentially we are trying to get a community opinion on the features currently only implemented by addons, and determine which would be most beneficial to implement on the website.
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Postby drunkmonkey on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:52 pm

blakebowling wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

This thread is not about who can use which browser. It is to determine which addons people would like first, not if addons should be implemented before other suggestions. Essentially we are trying to get a community opinion on the features currently only implemented by addons, and determine which would be most beneficial to implement on the website.

But by making this thread a priority, you are saying that addons will be implemented before other other suggestions. There are many who would like to see the site implement suggestions that aren't already available, and we see this thread as just another example of the uselessness of this forum.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Woodruff on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:54 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Believe it or not, not everyone has a computer at home.

Postby blakebowling on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:05 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

But by making this thread a priority, you are saying that addons will be implemented before other other suggestions. There are many who would like to see the site implement suggestions that aren't already available, and we see this thread as just another example of the uselessness of this forum.

Suggestions which receive community support, and which debate has concluded over, will be submitted and reviewed by the admins. This thread isn't for fast-tracking suggestions that are already available as an addon, but rather a way to weed out addons that would be the least beneficial if implemented site-wide.
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Doc_Brown on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:37 pm

Any update on that list of add-ons so we can start commenting on them? I doubt this will move in a productive direction until someone (presumably the OP) puts together such a list.
Major Doc_Brown

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (2)

Postby Queen_Herpes on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:16 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:Any update on that list of add-ons so we can start commenting on them? I doubt this will move in a productive direction until someone (presumably the OP) puts together such a list.

Done. Listed all that I could find and that I know of. If I missed any, please post a reply here...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Dako on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:09 am

Woodruff wrote:Believe it or not, not everyone has a computer at home.

So you play at internet cafe on a daily basis? Or at work? And what is the percent of such people?
Brigadier Dako

Postby OliverFA on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:24 am

Dako wrote:

So you play at internet cafe on a daily basis? Or at work? And what is the percent of such people?

+1
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (5)

Postby Woodruff on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:14 am

Dako wrote:

I don't. But I do know people that do. My point has nothing at all to do with the percentage of the people that do so, but rather the statement that others were making in this thread that it was no problem at all to use Firefox, simply because they wanted to get their way.

For the record, I USE Firefox and I USE Greasemonkey. This isn't about me. That doesn't mean I can't make reasonable arguments against something that doesn't apply directly to me.

OliverFA wrote:
Dako wrote:

+1

Like this guy...he just wants to get his way. Tyranny of the majority, all the way.

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:40 am

Woodruff wrote:
Dako wrote:

I don't. But I do know people that do. My point has nothing at all to do with the percentage of the people that do so, but rather the statement that others were making in this thread that it was no problem at all to use Firefox, simply because they wanted to get their way.

For the record, I USE Firefox and I USE Greasemonkey. This isn't about me. That doesn't mean I can't make reasonable arguments against something that doesn't apply directly to me.

OliverFA wrote:
Dako wrote:

+1

Like this guy...he just wants to get his way. Tyranny of the majority, all the way.

Dako might remember that I am one of those people who has system issues and cannot load Firefox. Well, I can load it, it just destabilizes and bluescreens my computer, so I cannot use any of those addons. There were others who commented on a thread in bugs and other who commented on threads in the addons forum claiming they had issues with firefox/google chrome/BOB/greasemonkey in terms of system requirements/system destabilization/personal computer slowing down/etc.

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions