Conquer Club

Fuller support of colours in Battle Royales

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Fuller support of colours in Battle Royales

Postby ender516 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:11 pm

Concise description:
  • The random colours applied to the players beyond the standard maximum number (currently eight) should be applied in the Game Log and Game Chat.

Specifics/Details:
  • The standard colours for the first eight players in a Battle Royale are used consistently throughout the Game Log and Game Chat, and guests in the chat have their names in bold black, but the other players only see their colours in the player list and on the map itself. I would like to see those colours applied to the Game Chat and Game Log entries.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It will be easier to associate players with their actions and comments, which can be difficult in these large games.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Colours for players in Game Chat of Battle Royale

Postby ender516 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Concise description:
  • In a Battle Royale, apply the same colours to the player names labelling Game Chat entries as is used in the Player list, Game Log, and Statistics table.

Specifics/Details:
  • Currently, in a Battle Royale, the players after the eighth player get random colours assigned with each load of the game page. However, despite the fact that the DOM Inspector shows that the proper classes (player9, player10, etc.) have been associated with each entry, apparently the corresponding styles are not being applied within the "chat" div. (Sorry for the jargon/techie terminology, but it should make things clearer to those who can fix this.)

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • The coordinated colour coding should help players correlate entries in the Game Chat and the Game Log more easily.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Re: Colours for players in Game Chat of Battle Royale

Postby zimmah on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:41 pm

also, make the colors not so random (even when you refresh the page, players have different colors on each load, and also the letter in front of their names will change)

i'd prefer it if the list would be a d e f h i j but just skipping the ones that already have a color assigned (like b, c, and g).

also maybe removing the dead players from the list could help (altho you can do that with bob)
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby QoH on Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:14 pm

zimmah wrote:
also maybe removing the dead players from the list could help (altho you can do that with bob)

Not really. You can only take them out of the BOB statistics menu.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby agentcom on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:57 pm

I realize this is in rejected, but it is another BR suggestion that may deserve another look now that BRs are becoming a common occurrence.
Colonel agentcom

Return to Archived Suggestions