Conquer Club

[Rules] Allow permabanned members to appeal

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Should members be able to appeal perma/6 month bans?

Yes
73%
No
20%
Idunno lol
7%

Total votes : 123

Re: Allow permabanned/6 month ban members to appeal

Postby notyou2 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:38 pm

I think qwert is stating past reality.
Captain notyou2

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:38 pm

Seriously, is anyone who's voting no gonna explain why? (griff doesn't count, Idunno lol != no)
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:35 am

Looks like we have a hefty majority for this.

Let's get STICKY, with MICKEY!

Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:16 pm

Anything?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby notyou2 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:22 pm

The silence is deafening.

Perhaps if we all paid money to the owner he would listen as I heard somewhere that money talks.

Oh, wait, we are paying money.
Captain notyou2

Postby jgordon1111 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:14 pm

I think that if you have been banned for a just cause it should stick,the bans were put in place for a reason.If you broke the rules there are consequences,if there are no consequences then dont have rules.The creator of the sight,Admin and moderators have a job to do,remove the rules they cant do it.And like any society not everyone agrees on every decision.You agreed to abide by the rules when you joined the sight,there wasnt a block attached anywhere I saw that said unless you think your special. If you really like the site after your ban is up you will come back and play again,and try to avoid getting banned again.
Private jgordon1111

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:16 pm

I would bet there are more than 30 perma banned members. I support this idea.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby chapcrap on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:35 pm

I don't have a problem with some kind of appeals process. The only thing that I think is: isn't that what e-tickets are for? If the people want back in, can't they just file an e-ticket?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:12 pm

jgordon1111 wrote:I think that if you have been banned for a just cause it should stick,the bans were put in place for a reason.If you broke the rules there are consequences,if there are no consequences then dont have rules.The creator of the sight,Admin and moderators have a job to do,remove the rules they cant do it.And like any society not everyone agrees on every decision.You agreed to abide by the rules when you joined the sight,there wasnt a block attached anywhere I saw that said unless you think your special. If you really like the site after your ban is up you will come back and play again,and try to avoid getting banned again.

Didn't really read through the entire OP, did ya? Or did the concept completely elude you?

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby jgordon1111 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:35 pm

Didnt elude Me,people get banned there is a reason for it. six months a year or permanent banned is bannned. there are rules for just about everything you dont follow them there are consequences,Did that part of the rules elude you Gunner.Or do you believe that the rules only apply to certain people. Who is that special someone you want back in the forums huh. come on share with everyone
Private jgordon1111

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:49 pm

So person A gets permabanned at time 1. Person B commits the exact same infraction a year later at time 2 and gets the 3 month ban. How is that fair? Not to mention that this is merely a suggestion by the community, largely a paying base. If they feel that permas are excessive and that former customers should at least have an appeal to come back, what's the harm? It would increase traffic, revenue, etc. If, as you say, the administration runs the site and sets the rules, what wrong with them changing the rules and punishment? They must attempt to cater to the customer, otherwise there is no business.

-TG

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:54 pm

jgordon wrote:there are rules for just about everything you dont follow them there are consequences,Did that part of the rules elude you Gunner.

To elaborate, what establishes the rules? Why are these rules enforced? For what purpose do they exist? Presumably, they exist to foster and maintain an environment where customers will continue to spend money here. If the community as a majority (incoming money) feel these rules aren't conducive to the site, they may not renew their premium, or worse, leave.

The "rules" are arbitrary and momentary. Proof: the permas have already been shortened to 3-months.

-TG

Postby jgordon1111 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:56 pm

Then they got lucky the rules changed before their ban.Sometimes life is not fair you may understand when you get older.
Private jgordon1111

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:59 pm

jgordon1111 wrote:Then they got lucky the rules changed before their ban.Sometimes life is not fair you may understand when you get older.

ha ha you're funny.

-TG

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Alright, now that we got jgordon out of the way, anyone else wanna discuss their disagreement?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Evil Semp on Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:12 pm

The perma banned members should be happy we don't have the death penalty. Try appealing that.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby notyou2 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Well I guess you are judge, jury, and executioner then.
Captain notyou2

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:43 pm

notyou2 wrote:Well I guess you are judge, jury, and executioner then.

Lighten up. I was joking around.
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby chapcrap on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:17 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Alright, now that we got jgordon out of the way, anyone else wanna discuss their disagreement?

chapcrap wrote:I don't have a problem with some kind of appeals process. The only thing that I think is: isn't that what e-tickets are for? If the people want back in, can't they just file an e-ticket?

Umm, this.

I still got no answer. Can't they just appeal using an e-ticket? If so, I don't see what we're trying to accomplish. They can already appeal. If not, then I don't have a problem with people appealing.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:57 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Alright, now that we got jgordon out of the way, anyone else wanna discuss their disagreement?

chapcrap wrote:I don't have a problem with some kind of appeals process. The only thing that I think is: isn't that what e-tickets are for? If the people want back in, can't they just file an e-ticket?

Umm, this.

I still got no answer. Can't they just appeal using an e-ticket? If so, I don't see what we're trying to accomplish. They can already appeal. If not, then I don't have a problem with people appealing.

There's two ways in which the OP responds to this. The first is that, currently, banned members can file as many eTickets as they want but that doesn't mean the admins will listen; presumably, this change would require them to give due process, or what-have-you, in the case of an appeal. The second is that perhaps the appeals can have some element of publicity in their nature so that other CC members may state their case for unbanning the member (or keeping them banned).
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:24 am

chapcrap wrote:

Umm, this.

Now, I didn't read the rules entirely (just a skim), but I saw nothing about appealing bans on there. Like Mets said, this'll require mods to actually look at their case. Also, we could actually post something like this on the rules so that people know there's the possibility to appeal their bans, which I think no one knows it exists now (assuming it does exist now).
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby natty dread on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:39 pm

Evil Semp wrote:The perma banned members should be happy we don't have the death penalty. Try appealing that.

Joking or not, it seems this is really indicative of the general attitude of Team CC these days.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Evil Semp on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:46 am

natty_dread wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:The perma banned members should be happy we don't have the death penalty. Try appealing that.

Joking or not, it seems this is really indicative of the general attitude of Team CC these days.

Or is it indicative of your attitude toward Team CC these days? Or is it more towards me?
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby eddie2 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:13 am

appealing of bans wont work because of the flaw in the c and a rules about banned members. on appeal a new hunter should review the case. If king a issues a punishment (which if a long period he does do this.) he then deals with the appeal as well.
Captain eddie2

Postby natty dread on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:15 am

Evil Semp wrote:
natty_dread wrote:

Or is it indicative of your attitude toward Team CC these days? Or is it more towards me?

Everything isn't always about you. Maybe it's time to have a look around and think... it's often good to do some self-reflection, no one is perfect and so on...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions