Conquer Club

Random Settings

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Random game options

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:18 pm

We already have a random map feature. Why not have random spoils and reinforcements ? Throw in fog or no fog. Nukes, etc. Make the entire game play a complete surprise !
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Re: Random game options

Postby support81ghent on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:27 pm

i would most definetly play that because it would be lots of fun just to have no clue at all about what to expect
Corporal support81ghent

Postby JoshyBoy on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:03 am

Sounds like chaos... sounds like fun!
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Streaker on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:58 am

JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:We already have a random map feature. Why not have random spoils and reinforcements ? Throw in fog or no fog. Nukes, etc. Make the entire game play a complete surprise !

I would very well like to see this get through. Sounds great!
First Tournament Victory: Game 6518858

Image[/quote]
Captain Streaker

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:35 am

It does sound like fun. However, it might be worthwhile to exclude a very few maps. Not many, but just some combinations that plain won't work.

For example, Fuedal and AOR already cannot have more than 6 players. That is an "internal" limit. AOR1 without fog is not really a game, so that could be excluded... very, very few others.

Then again, the chances of getting one of those games in a pure random selection is slim, and perhaps that would just be part of the fun.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Donlarry on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:10 pm

i hate it
Sergeant Donlarry

Postby Streaker on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Donlarry wrote:i hate it

What can you possibly 'hate' about a random choice?

Also, the above comment. With the random settings, you still need to select the number of players :roll:
First Tournament Victory: Game 6518858

Image[/quote]
Captain Streaker

Postby Jatekos on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:41 pm

JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:We already have a random map feature. Why not have random spoils and reinforcements ? Throw in fog or no fog. Nukes, etc. Make the entire game play a complete surprise !

How about random play order?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=131053&start=0
Major Jatekos

Postby Woodruff on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:13 pm

Streaker wrote:

What can you possibly 'hate' about a random choice?

Ummm...while I strongly disagree with Donlarry, I can think of many reasons why someone might hate a random choice. It seems rather obvious to me, even.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:14 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:It does sound like fun. However, it might be worthwhile to exclude a very few maps. Not many, but just some combinations that plain won't work.

I see no reason at all to exclude maps.

PLAYER57832 wrote:For example, Fuedal and AOR already cannot have more than 6 players. That is an "internal" limit.

With the proper coding, this would be self-limiting...it should only select from the maps that fit the number of players.

PLAYER57832 wrote:AOR1 without fog is not really a game, so that could be excluded... very, very few others.

Screw that...it's still a game. It may be relatively pre-determined, but certainly not guaranteed.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby kabuki.mono on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Love the idea!! Would be great fun :D
Corporal kabuki.mono

Postby mgconstruction on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:04 pm

This is a good idea.

I would like to see a map exclusion in random feature as well. An option to exclude certain maps from random. I run random maps in my tourneys as a neutral map but would love to be able to exclude the Hive map as so many people hate it. It would also be nice to exclude both players home maps in the random feature so that their home maps don't come up in the random game & give that player an advantage.

MG
Sergeant 1st Class mgconstruction

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:42 pm

mgconstruction wrote:This is a good idea.

I would like to see a map exclusion in random feature as well. An option to exclude certain maps from random. I run random maps in my tourneys as a neutral map but would love to be able to exclude the Hive map as so many people hate it. It would also be nice to exclude both players home maps in the random feature so that their home maps don't come up in the random game & give that player an advantage.

MG

I think an exclusion for tournaments would make sense. However, as Woodruff noted, random is random. Playing those strange combinations you might not otherwise choose is part of the fun!
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:44 pm

I agree, except that I would want to be able to select freestyle versus sequential play. A lot of people, such as myself just don't have the time to play freestyle. (wait for someone to "blink")

I think it there should be an option that includes freestyle/sequential, but without the option to exclude that, a lot of people who might like this option will be forced to decline.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby chapcrap on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:01 am

This made me literally laugh out loud.

I think it's a good idea and a good option to have. Although, I'm not sure that I would use it much.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Queen_Herpes on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:40 am

This is a great idea and I don't see why it shouldn't get pushed forward. The more chaos, the better.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Random Settings

Postby QoH on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:28 pm

Concise description:
  • Random Settings

Specifics/Details:
  • Just like random maps, you get a random combination of settings.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Will add another twist to the game, and prove players more versatile.

EDIT: Couldn't find this in previous suggestions. If it's been rejected, whoops!
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Re: Random Settings

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:36 pm

Merged
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:05 pm

As long as you can choose between freestyle and sequential, I would love it. The other types are fun variation, but freestyle requires a significantly greater real time commitment to play well.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Powerhawks on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Yes that should be great to have random OPTION for ALL setting type.

I will surely use that option for some setting, this is the best to increase my skill, playing type of game, that I am choosing normally.

Also some player that have a good rating, always plays the same type of game, some others with a smaller rating try to play many type of game. Whit random possibility we will know which one are the best...on any type of games setting!

Imagine a tournament with many settings at random, we can find the true best player!
Corporal Powerhawks

Postby sniffie on Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:22 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:As long as you can choose between freestyle and sequential, I would love it. The other types are fun variation, but freestyle requires a significantly greater real time commitment to play well.

So you wish to make random less random??
I don't like adjacent forts at all but in this suggestion that is just the risk/fun of joining/creating this type of game.

sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:31 pm

der sniffter wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:As long as you can choose between freestyle and sequential, I would love it. The other types are fun variation, but freestyle requires a significantly greater real time commitment to play well.

I don't like adjacent forts at all but in this suggestion that is just the risk/fun of joining/creating this type of game.

sniff

This is more like randomizing speed in. Playing freestyle requires a significant time commitment not there with Sequential. Its not just a matter of shifting strategy, its a matter of having the time to just sit.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby sniffie on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:38 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
der sniffter wrote:

sniff

This is more like randomizing speed in. Playing freestyle requires a significant time commitment not there with Sequential. Its not just a matter of shifting strategy, its a matter of having the time to just sit.

But that is the whole risk and (for me) the fun of random settings, I'd rather have a casual freestyle game then a sequential poison rome game...

sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Return to Archived Suggestions