Conquer Club

Separate classification for supersize maps

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Separate classification for supersize maps

Postby natty dread on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:54 pm

Concise description:
  • Make a distinction between regular sized maps (max. 840x800 large, 630x600 small) and supersize maps (larger than that).

Specifics/Details:
  • Group the supersize maps separately in the map browser.
  • Make an option in game finder to only find games on regular or supersize maps.
  • Possibly also: make a separate option for random map, where you can choose to not play supersize maps.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Some time ago, lackattack relented on his strict size limitations, and has allowed mapmakers to start creating supersized maps. We already have some of them in play.
  • This however may present problems for people who primarily (or often) play games on phones, netbooks, tablets or such. Also, people who have small, crappy monitors.
  • Therefore, ways for these people to avoid maps that are technically difficult for them to play would be helpful.
  • Furthermore, this could pave the way to some day getting the map list organized better, grouping the maps to different groups according to size & gameplay type.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Re: Separate classification for supersize maps

Postby IcePack on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:58 pm

As a "crappy" iPhone user I fully 100% support this. It's difficult playing the larger maps on any mobile device.

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: Separate classification for supersize maps

Postby chapcrap on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:35 pm

IcePack wrote:As a "crappy" iPhone user I fully 100% support this. It's difficult playing the larger maps on any mobile device.

IcePack

Anything that will improve IcePack's "crappy" play, I support!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Archived Suggestions