Conquer Club

More Game Types *To-Do*

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: More Game Types *To-Do*

Postby Beckytheblondie on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:52 pm

SuicidalSnowman wrote:Hey guys, some good ideas in here. If anyone is interested, I am trying to start a tournament with a lot of these ideas, viewtopic.php?f=90&t=96367
such as winning the game by holding a percentage of overall territories, or the "capital" style that some of the board games use, and some other variations on the mission cards.

Right now, the only way to run some of these is with specific maps and the admin scoring the game, but it might be a good way to play test a few and get some more real data out there.

Also, now that we have manual deploy option, there could be games where everyone agrees to start from one territory, and see how they can spread, or at least everyone can pick a capital city before the game, and if they lose that territory they lose the game.

Some problems I have run into is that it can be hard, even when using the game log, to keep track of these. Some are impossible without "gentleman's rules". I think a few more option types would be a nice addition to the site.

-Snowman

Bump for Suicidal Snowman. These are FUN!

I want to express that we need 1v1 team mode. Yes!
2011-11-07 14:19:43 - StinknLincoln: whoa, what happened?
2011-11-07 14:19:50 - Beckytheblondie: Becky happened
Captain Beckytheblondie

Postby agentcom on Mon May 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Haydena wrote:I think it may be a good idea to expand on the game types, other than just "Standard" "Doubles" and "Triples"... Maybe change those to Singles, Doubles and Triples in a new category called "Team Sizes", and then have different game modes

Such as "Domination" (Everyone is against each other and the last one standing gets points)...

Urrm, need a name for this one, but basically you get points for the players you kill, not for being the last player standing...

Maybe another one where one player is branded as the player who must be eliminated, and each player must try to eliminate that player, but not knowing who is who (could have interesting results)

Don't know how hard these would be to code, but I for one would like to see more different game modes or options to change the gameplay away from simple Risk...

Why is this in "Archived Rejected Suggestions"? It seems to me that this is describing Assassin and Terminator, which actually have been IMPLEMENTED.
Colonel agentcom

Postby agentcom on Tue May 15, 2012 8:06 pm

Sweet! I made CC a better place!
Colonel agentcom

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions