No
No votes

Total votes : 1

[GF] Save Tournament searches on game finder

Postby Sniper08 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:46 pm

Concise description:
  • Save Tournament searches on game finder

Specifics/Details:
  • When using game finder to find tournaments add an option to save the search.Many people check on the state of the tournament they are in or the clan war games they are in and it is a pain to use the search function to find the same clan war or tournament over and over again
  • Clearly there would need to be a cap on the number of saved searches so lets say 5 at most for now.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It will add more functionality to the Game finder page
  • Will solve current problem for tournament and clan searchers
Last edited by Sniper08 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Save Tournament searches on game finder

Postby chapcrap on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:58 pm

So, I would not mind if you could do this, but in the likelihood that this will not be implemented soon, you can perform the search that you want to and then at the top right of the games, it has a spot where you can jump to various pages. Click on the arrow and put page 1. Then you can get a link to the tournament you want and save the link somewhere.

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... so=&page=1
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Night Strike on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:04 pm

I don't know if it's up to date with some of the changes that have taken place on the Game Finder page, but there is a Greasemonkey script for it: viewtopic.php?t=18815
Major Night Strike

Postby Sniper08 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:49 am

chapcrap wrote:So, I would not mind if you could do this, but in the likelihood that this will not be implemented soon, you can perform the search that you want to and then at the top right of the games, it has a spot where you can jump to various pages. Click on the arrow and put page 1. Then you can get a link to the tournament you want and save the link somewhere.

i know that exists but you still need a place to store the link

chapcrap wrote:So, I would not mind if you could do this, but in the likelihood that this will not be implemented soon, you can perform the search that you want to and then at the top right of the games, it has a spot where you can jump to various pages. Click on the arrow and put page 1. Then you can get a link to the tournament you want and save the link somewhere.

im kinda tired of CC relying too much on 3rd party scripts when it is quite simple to implement it on the site, i mean i gotta assume that the tech team can handle this since map rank lets you save searches so lack time wont be wasted.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby chapcrap on Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:14 pm

I don't disagree with what you say Sniper. I would love for a lot of scripts to not be needed. If you don't want to use scripts and other methods and only talk about the suggestion, then I will do that.

It's not something that I would use. I don't have a problem using the current system the way it is, but I'm sure you could get some others to support it.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Sniper08 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:56 am

chapcrap wrote:I don't disagree with what you say Sniper. I would love for a lot of scripts to not be needed. If you don't want to use scripts and other methods and only talk about the suggestion, then I will do that.

It's not something that I would use. I don't have a problem using the current system the way it is, but I'm sure you could get some others to support it.

personally i check clan wars nearly everyday and i also check any team tournaments im in every few days so it does annoy me when i have to find the name of the tourney and copy and paste it in as the current search function doesnt always show the tourneys will only partial titles.

normally i know stuff like this sugg will die cause it would be low on lack list but lack doesnt need to do it as the tech team could as this function is available for map rank(if someone from tech team could respond it would be great)

added a poll to see what people think.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Return to Archived Suggestions