Auto Kill Players who Miss a Single Turn in Battle Royale

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

Re: Auto Kill Players who Miss a Single Turn in Battle Royal

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:21 am

MegaProphet wrote:Aren't you pretty much dead if you miss a turn (especially early on) in a battle royal game anyway?

don't know, i don't last long
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby IcePack on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:11 am

I hate this for most of the reasons already mentioned.
12:11:16 ‹Swifte› good thing we have the beta program to weed all these problems out
12:15:00 * IcePack joins Social
12:15:35 ‹Swifte› well that's just bad timing
Lieutenant IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire

Medals: 105
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (17) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (12)

Postby QoH on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:08 am

Sequential BR's don't even take that long. Maybe a week for a full round, and maybe 6 rounds to finish. That is relative to how many people are in it of course.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10)
Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby Gillipig on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:30 am

benga wrote:This could be a new setting for games:
Death-match-miss a turn and you are out!

Don't understand how this went unnoticed. Good idea! But not for BR's.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:36 pm

Who cares if you have to wait a while for your turn to come around? You got a hot date somewhere?

Personally, I wouldn't care if my next turn was in six months, as long as I knew I would get it eventually.

trinicardinal wrote:So I wait for 3 weeks for my turn to finally reach and get killed because I had a rl delay and reached to my comp 5 minutes too late? Sorry I can't support your suggestion if that is what it could mean to someone. You signed you for a sequential battle royale so you know it will take a long time to your turn. What happens to the person who takes all their turns till its just them an one other person remaining? Someone misses due to rl and boom... lose the game after all their patience in waiting for all those turns? Can't agree to that.

Excellent point!

I totally reject the OP.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby nudge on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:39 pm

QoH wrote:Sequential BR's don't even take that long. Maybe a week for a full round, and maybe 6 rounds to finish. That is relative to how many people are in it of course.

Qoh game finder shows you have played BR once and it was freestyle game.... hence your first round would have been over in 24hours.....!

My current game has been 10 days now since the start, their is already 2 players who have missed (48hrs gone and no turn taken) and another 20 players must have their turn before round 1 is complete and in theory it could well be another 19 days 22.5 hours (approx) before round 1 is completed.

Admittingly this is my first BR game and I intend to play many more. But I am sure I am not alone when it comes to players missing turns and the annoyance of it. Yes I have missed turns and I am ever so apologetic for it, both to opponents and and my team mates when applicable. But I would accept in a game like BR's if i missed I would be kicked on the basis that the games overall time is very long.

Yes it is a casual game site and I hope everyone has a life outside of cc (apologise to all those dedicated cc mods and workers who spend many hours making this game great as my comment was not implying anything :-) and would not like people to be offended) but we are talking 5 minutes of your day to ensure you take your turn ( Quote CC home page "You can take your turn in 5 minutes with your morning cup of coffee or in between classes."). Therefore I really do not see why a comment saying that if you miss your turn you are eliminated on the BR link/page and a rule ensuring this was implemented would be so wrong.

If you dont agree with the rule, you simply wouldn't play. And visa a versa.. I guess. :D
Private 1st Class nudge

Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (6)

Postby ManBungalow on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:34 pm

My understanding is that - in a freestyle game - when a player misses a turn, he (/she) is allowed to begin the next turn, but everyone else is blocked from playing for half the round length unless the turn misser begins. If this is true, it implies that one deadbeat will hold all the other players up for 12 hours. While this may be an issue in standard games, I suspect it would be more frustrating in a Battle Royale game - and one can't set up a BR to play only with friends etc.
Colonel ManBungalow

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:40 pm

ManBungalow wrote:My understanding is that - in a freestyle game - when a player misses a turn, he (/she) is allowed to begin the next turn, but everyone else is blocked from playing for half the round length unless the turn misser begins. If this is true, it implies that one deadbeat will hold all the other players up for 12 hours. While this may be an issue in standard games, I suspect it would be more frustrating in a Battle Royale game - and one set up a BR to play only with friends etc.

It's not everyone that is blocked when someone misses a turn. Whoever went last can not go until someone else starts their turn. So, in a BR, that means about 3 seconds of waiting.
Captain chapcrap

Medals: 169
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (18) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby agentcom on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:40 am

Personally, I dislike ... but I wanted to say the above would be a real cool gameplay option. Except that I would add that you have to make a successful attack or be dead. Would really liven up some no spoils games, that's for sure.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 82
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby Dalixam on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:25 pm

I would add the option to all my games - and I think it's a good idea for BR.
Lieutenant Dalixam

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby darth emperor on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Dibbun wrote:Auto-kill for one missed turn in any game on any setting. No, I am not being sarcastic.

I hope you were sarcastic, practically 1600 games with a 98% of attendance...

agentcom wrote:

Personally, I dislike ... but I wanted to say the above would be a real cool gameplay option. Except that I would add that you have to make a successful attack or be dead. Would really liven up some no spoils games, that's for sure.

There was a tournament with this settings. Also a missed turn meant you were out, because you weren't capable of making a succesful asssault
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby agentcom on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:50 pm

darth emperor wrote:

agentcom wrote:

There was a tournament with this settings. Also a missed turn meant you were out, because you weren't capable of making a succesful asssault

cool. Did the players who were eliminated this way just have to agree not to do any more attacking for the rest of the game? (I know this is totally off-topic, so that's my last question on the matter)
Colonel agentcom

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby Major accident on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:47 am

I would support kicking someone out for missing a turn in BR games.
Yes I understand it takes a long time to take a turn but I think it is only common decency to take your turn when it comes around to minimise waiting. I reckon those that are missing turns probably want out anyway.
I would also back the idea of a death match....miss one turn and you are out, maybe BR games could have this implemented.
MA
Private Major accident

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby agentcom on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:54 am

I know there are a lot of people who want the punishments for missing turns to be harsher. There are plenty of suggestions on how to do that. This one seems really excessive. CC is not going to boot players for missing a single turn. Not gonna happen. REJECTED.
Colonel agentcom

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions