Missed Turns

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

kick deadbeats out of game after 2 turns

Postby Imastud on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:02 pm

Deadbeats drive everyone crazy. I understand there are times when missing turns is unavoidable. Sure, it's even happened to me once or twice. But should we really give people 3 opportunities before we kick them out of a game? When was the last time you played someone and they missed two turns...then suddenly showed up? And if they did, by that time isn't it extremely unfair after they get armies multiplied by 3 rds? This isn't baseball where you get three strikes before you're out. I say make it two, because anything more is either unfair or wastes everyone else's time.
Lieutenant Imastud

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Missed Turns

Postby PonyGal on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:54 pm

Missed Turns

Im getting so tired of the missed turns being used as a cheap strategy. The "miss 2 come back and win" happens far too often, and the person who misses gets an incredible advantage in every situation ive seen. These ppl are always careful to never miss the 3rd turn, and in 1-1 games the misses can mean a massive deploy that makes the person who showed up in good faith and committed to the game unfairly disadvantaged. My suggestion is: Miss 2 in a row and youre out.. miss 3 in an entire game and youre out : sure it may have been a genuine miss, but in most instances its the same ppl doing this then coming back with a vengeance to dominate the game with their 9+ deploy round 3.. its overwhelming to try and combat. The missed turns become particularly advantageous in maps with a lot of neutral territories, as the person who plays their turn breaks through neutrals and thus weakens them self so that when the person missing all their turns comes back with their extra deploys they cannot possibly recover - sure ppl miss sometimes, but too bad frankly - its a game, the ppl who turn up to play deserve to win if someones missing turns - i think its that simple, its too widely abused as a "strategy", its a nasty way to play. The missed turns could perhaps get a 1/2 deploy. Id rather the player who actually turned up for each of their turns to win the game theyre in. Anyone else find its being abused ?(and I do not mean the ppl who occasionally miss 1 in every 10 games or so.. I mean the ppl who have patterns of "miss - miss -BAM!" (eg: the guy who just missed 2 turns in prisonmax then round 3 he returns and pops a 20+ deploy in the gen pop .. game over) :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class PonyGal

Location: Best place on earth, Emmdizzles house :-) South Bay, sunny San Diego
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Missed Turns

Postby agentcom on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:16 am

On my todo list is to merge all the similar missed turn suggestions. I've already done the eliminate deferred troops variety. Then index the various ideas. This would fall under the heading of reduce the allowable number of missed turns.

Some variation of this has been suggested countless times before. Try searching before posting.

REJECTED.
Brigadier agentcom

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (8) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (2)

Return to Archived Suggestions