Conquer Club

Sticky for lower ranked games in Callouts?

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Sticky for lower ranked games in Callouts?

Postby cjbpulp on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:38 am

Suggestion: create sticky folder for 1000-1200 games in Callouts

Lots of casual players want to learn the more complicated maps, or to play against opponents of similar rank. For whatever lame reason, the powers that be have rejected a rank filter on the game finder. Lower ranked players are told to double up, or to post in the callouts, where in practice no one can find their games.

A sticky folder for newbie/learning/not as skilled players in the callouts won't bother anyone who is more highly skilled. But it will help those of us who want to play against opponents of similar ability find suitable games, and will also give more casual players a chance to meet other players who may become friends, doubles team mates, etc. over time. It also gives graduate cooks a place to go looking for games once they master the classic map.
Corporal cjbpulp

Re: Sticky for lower ranked games in Callouts?

Postby darth emperor on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:39 am

When I had your rank, (and even higher) I just wanted to play against bigger opponents, who where highly skilled, so I could learn better the map and gameplay. I wouldn't have learnt (atleast correctly) if we had this suggestion or a rank filter.

Plus if you want to play with people of your rank, with higher ranks giving you advise, this is the best option
viewforum.php?f=341

So yes, I'm not a fan of this, like the sameway I'm not a fan of rank filter
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby agentcom on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:40 pm

darth emperor wrote:When I had your rank, (and even higher) I just wanted to play against bigger opponents, who where highly skilled, so I could learn better the map and gameplay. I wouldn't have learnt (atleast correctly) if we had this suggestion or a rank filter.

Plus if you want to play with people of your rank, with higher ranks giving you advise, this is the best option
viewforum.php?f=341

So yes, I'm not a fan of this, like the sameway I'm not a fan of rank filter

Yeah, I tried to seek out the players that were "better" than me, too. I found it a pretty efficient way of gaining points.

But we do have stickies for a lot of the other ones: viewforum.php?f=31.
Colonel agentcom

Postby darth emperor on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:27 pm

agentcom wrote:Yeah, I tried to seek out the players that were "better" than me, too. I found it a pretty efficient way of gaining points.

But we do have stickies for a lot of the other ones: viewforum.php?f=31.

Well, if he really wants it, he could start a thread, and if it gets popular enough, it would become a sticky. I think there was one before, but I guess is not as popular.

In adittion, if you see all the stickies are from sergeant to onwards, and that's perfect, because that rank is the minimum decent rank. So it's ok. Plus I find that the SOC even that they limit the games, is like these sticky that the OP is saying.

BTW, nice way of using the inverted commas :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby blakebowling on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:48 am

This is totally up to the CD's. I'm going to archive this one, but you can send a PM to them if you are interested.
Private blakebowling

Return to Archived Suggestions