Hide maps

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Hide maps

Postby Scorba on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:03 am

Concise description:
  • The ability to hide maps which are of no interest to you

Specifics/Details:
  • There are now a vast number of maps on the site and scrolling through them to find the ones I want to play is a time consuming chore. I would like the ability to hide maps that I have no interest in playing, both on the Join a Game and Start a Game screens.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • The vast and unwieldy list of maps will be reduced to only those which are of interest to each player. And I will never again accidentally join a game on a map I hate!
  • Edit: it will also make the random option more attractive as it will only choose from those maps you have not chosen to hide. This way you never get a map you don't like.
Last edited by Scorba on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it pays no attention to any bird other than the one it has first marked.
Lieutenant Scorba

Re: Hide maps

Postby nietzsche on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:11 am

Me Like
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby KoolBak on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:17 am

I gotchyer back
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant KoolBak

Postby JBlombier on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:24 am

Sounds good.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby chapcrap on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:31 am

This sounds like a good idea to me!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:37 am

Scorba wrote:There are now a vast number of maps on the site and scrolling through them to find the ones I want to play is a time consuming chore. I would like the ability to hide maps that I have no interest in playing, both on the Join a Game and Start a Game screens.

I admit that this is not what you want to do, but if the maps you don't want to see are few enough, you can go to Game Finder, select all the maps and CTRL+click the maps you don't want to see. Then, you would click on one of the grayed out arrows. Then you would save whatever appears in the address bar as a favorite and load that every time. I believe that would work, but it's a lot of work.

Your suggestion seems to me to be one that's solved by a suggestion that's been proposed before to save common searches. This is available to folks that have the Maprank plug-in, but it is not part of the site. If you feel like I do, many of the Maprank features should be integrated into the site.

Edit: it will also make the random option more attractive as it will only choose from those maps you have not chosen to hide. This way you never get a map you don't like.[/list]

This is actually a completely different suggestion about a "limited random" feature that has been proposed a few times.
Colonel agentcom

Return to Archived Suggestions