Conquer Club

Show Teammate Territory Cards Owned in Italics

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Do you agree with this suggestion (PLEASE READ!)?

Yes
65%
No
22%
Neutral
13%

Total votes : 23

Way to know if your teammate has the terr. of your spoil

Postby Eddygp on Sat May 11, 2013 9:17 am

Concise description:
  • You can see if a nuclear spoil you own is of one of your territories, but you can't see if it's of one of your ally's territories (doubles, triples or quads)

Specifics/Details:
  • A way to see if the territory related to your nuclear spoil belongs to your ally or not.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Players won't have to look for a specific territory in a map just to know what set doesn't damage your ally.
Last edited by Eddygp on Mon May 13, 2013 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
This image is a sofilorry.
Private Eddygp

Re: Way to know if your teammate has the terr. of your spoil

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat May 11, 2013 9:18 am

I suppose we could italicize any territories owned by a teammate.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Eddygp on Sat May 18, 2013 5:18 am

That would be a very good way to do so. This would prevent accidentally nuking your own ally's territories as well as being time-efficient (you don't have to spend time looking through all the territories in case the territory is owned by your teammate).
Private Eddygp

Postby betiko on Sat May 18, 2013 6:09 am

with BOB you just put your mouse on your spoils and you see what territory it refers to.
Other than this, when you're about to trade the map shows you which territories you have spoils on so it seems rather useless to me.
Major betiko

Postby stahrgazer on Sat May 18, 2013 6:56 pm

Nice suggestion.

While Bob does offer ways, I like the idea of the site implementing the change directly. Italics, as Mets mentions, would do that.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby codierose on Sat May 18, 2013 8:43 pm

this is already in place
(show/hide teammate spoils)
also with clickable maps when you cash spoils it highlights the territory on the map
Major codierose

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun May 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Italicizing is a tough way to tell. Underlining would work better, or an asterisk bracket like *Kamchatka*
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Gilligan on Mon May 20, 2013 10:52 pm

While we're at it, include some sort of way of knowing if teammates own your nukes.
Captain Gilligan

Postby The Voice on Tue May 21, 2013 9:53 am

I don't understand. How hard is it to click the spoiler for teammate's spoils and identify whether or not the card(s) your teammate has are friendlies, opposing, or neutrals? If you don't want to do it, ask your partner. Any teammate worth his/her salt will let you know.

Sometimes, I think, if it were possible, people would opt for a hand-holding feature, where someone visits your house and holds your hand while you take your turns.
Major The Voice

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue May 21, 2013 11:07 am

The Voice wrote:I don't understand. How hard is it to click the spoiler for teammate's spoils and identify whether or not the card(s) your teammate has are friendlies, opposing, or neutrals? If you don't want to do it, ask your partner. Any teammate worth his/her salt will let you know.

Sometimes, I think, if it were possible, people would opt for a hand-holding feature, where someone visits your house and holds your hand while you take your turns.

It can be very tough on big fantasy maps or maps in which players are unfamiliar with the names.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby The Voice on Tue May 21, 2013 1:10 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
The Voice wrote:I don't understand. How hard is it to click the spoiler for teammate's spoils and identify whether or not the card(s) your teammate has are friendlies, opposing, or neutrals? If you don't want to do it, ask your partner. Any teammate worth his/her salt will let you know.

It can be very tough on big fantasy maps or maps in which players are unfamiliar with the names.

Tough how? Confusing or time consuming? I'm one to believe it's a matter of effort, which makes this suggestion radically more frivolous than so many other great ones that have been proposed. I suppose if suggestions were implemented at a reasonable rate, I wouldn't dispute this one.
Major The Voice

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue May 21, 2013 1:45 pm

The Voice wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

Tough how? Confusing or time consuming? I'm one to believe it's a matter of effort, which makes this suggestion radically more frivolous than so many other great ones that have been proposed. I suppose if suggestions were implemented at a reasonable rate, I wouldn't dispute this one.

As suggestions go, this is one of the most trivial to implement and won't really stop us from implementing others. We just need a consensus on the best way to show it.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby The Voice on Tue May 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
The Voice wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

As suggestions go, this is one of the most trivial to implement and won't really stop us from implementing others. We just need a consensus on the best way to show it.

Fair enough, then I like Doom's suggestion of a bracket, though instead of asterisks, I kind of like [these guys]
Major The Voice

Postby Eddygp on Wed May 22, 2013 3:43 pm

To avoid confusion, I don't mean to replace the [show teammate spoils], that'd be ridiculous. I mean that my own spoils, or his own spoils, might nuke HIS or MY territory RESPECTIVELY, and there is no way to know that unless you look through the map to check for names.
Private Eddygp

Postby yunto10 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:57 pm

I had a thought as well where rather than having individual spoils, teams have a pool of spoils that each player team puts into that evey player can take out of. That way if 1 player has 2 greens and 1 red and another 2 reds and 1 green, they can share from the pool and have 2 sets of spoils, adds to the teamwork as you'd have to agree on who takes the spoils....
Sergeant 1st Class yunto10

Postby Armandolas on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:05 pm

It makes sense, like our own spoils are Bold, teammates spoils should be "noticeable".
The questions is , can you do that only on nukes games?, it would not make sense on any other kind of spoils
Colonel Armandolas

Postby rishaed on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:34 pm

He is being misunderstood.
Lets say I have Woods Camp1 Tunnel 3 and Throne as my spoils on Siege. My teammate owns the Throne, so currently it shows up as neither bold/bracketed in your spoils inventory. He wants maybe the spoil Italicized so Woods Camp 1 Tunnel 3 and Throne to show that your teammate owns the spoil without having to double check before cashing. Theoretically it only becomes extremely important in Nuclear Spoils but can be implemented on all modes to reduce the coding hassle.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby greenoaks on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:I suppose we could italicize any territories owned by a teammate.

that is what i was thinking
Sergeant greenoaks

Indicate spoils owned by teammates

Postby usidyr on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:41 pm

Concise description:
  • Indicate spoils owned by teammates

Specifics/Details:
  • Highlight my spoils owned by my teammate in bold-italics.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Particularly useful in team nuclear games. We don't have to search the whole map each time just to check if one of our team mates is in danger of being nuked. I sorely miss this easily implementable feature every time I play nuke team/polymorph. I will be very grateful if this implemented. Thanks.

ps: I know an exactly similar suggestion has been made some 2 years ago. I didn't want to revive a dead thread.
Corporal usidyr

Re: Indicate spoils owned by teammates

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:14 am

There are no necrobumping rules against suggestions. It's better if you post in that thread. I am willing to submit it, although we need to decide what form it should take. I think I suggested underlines.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Show Teammate Territory Cards Owned in Bold

Postby usidyr on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:13 pm

I sorely miss this feature. I suggest { bold-italics } in curly braces to indicate spoils owned by teammates.
Corporal usidyr

Re: Show Teammate Territory Cards Owned in Bold

Postby agentcom on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:01 am

Why is this in Implemented? I just looked back through some games, and I don't see my teammates cards being differentiated from cards corresponding to other territs that I don't own.
Colonel agentcom

Postby JamesKer1 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:40 pm

MERGED: way to know if teammate has the terr. of your spoil

SUBMITTED, Moved From Implemented
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby bigWham on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:20 am

JamesKer1 wrote:MERGED: way to know if teammate has the terr. of your spoil

SUBMITTED, Moved From Implemented

could someone make a clear concise description of what this suggestion is? the subject and OP conflict, and the mod edit statement is not clear. i do not have have time to read through it all and work it out. screenshots also would be great.
Major bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Show Teammate Territory Cards Owned in Italics

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:29 am

Replying via PM.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions