Map rating

Suggestions that have been inactive for a long period of time.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: Map Rating

Postby max is gr8 on Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:53 am

And of course, crossword is a very good map, if you know the strategies but as lots of people don't they don't like it. This should not be implemented each person likes different maps. And you know it
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Postby karelpietertje on Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:32 pm

of course there could be different ratings... one for difficulty... one for fun, and perhaps another one or two.
and you could only let people who played the maps let's say 5 times rate... so only people who already understand the map can give their opinion.
Colonel karelpietertje

Medals: 61
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (2)

Postby tubaman on Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:37 pm

Yeah everyone has different opinions about maps. I don't see how other people's opinions will affect whether or not I play it.
Captain tubaman

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3)

Postby GrimReaper. on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:53 pm

how about these tags?

(all rating will be 1-5 five being the highest/hardst/funest.)
fun
gameplay
difficutluy
rules (for maps like AoR)
overall
When the first Atom bomb test was complete a colleague of Oppenheimer said: "What an Awesome and Foul display of Power." a moment later he added, "Now we are all sons of bitches"
Private GrimReaper.

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby OliverFA on Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:32 pm

I take the point of this suggestion is to know in advance if the map will adjust to the kind of game you like and thus if you will enjoy it.

So, alternatively maps could be classified as "strategical" (for maps that need complex strategies), "gambling" (for maps in which luck play a major factor), "small", "medium", "big", or something like that.
Corporal 1st Class OliverFA

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (5)

Postby GrimReaper. on Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:32 pm

OliverFA wrote:I take the point of this suggestion is to know in advance if the map will adjust to the kind of game you like and thus if you will enjoy it.

So, alternatively maps could be classified as "strategical" (for maps that need complex strategies), "gambling" (for maps in which luck play a major factor), "small", "medium", "big", or something like that.

yep u hit the nail right on the head Oliver
When the first Atom bomb test was complete a colleague of Oppenheimer said: "What an Awesome and Foul display of Power." a moment later he added, "Now we are all sons of bitches"
Private GrimReaper.

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby tubaman on Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:29 pm

I don't see it as any more than a popularity contest for maps.
Captain tubaman

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3)

Postby GrimReaper. on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:22 pm

thats the point

and it could be use for

OliverFA wrote:I take the point of this suggestion is to know in advance if the map will adjust to the kind of game you like and thus if you will enjoy it.

Private GrimReaper.

Postby drake_259 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:09 pm

I like it, defo for the tourneys, it will help me and newcomers (only thing its mainly the publics ratings not the people who play tourneys)
Tournament Sign Ups:
Carcassonne Win 3 Months Tournament Prize
Battle For Medals! Round 2
Corporal drake_259

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby GrimReaper. on Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:24 pm

well anbody else got an opion?
Private GrimReaper.

Postby lancehoch on Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:08 pm

I know you are looking for something to be shared with the entire community and as of yet, there is nothing happening. However, what you can do, is use chipv's Games Filter Script where you can tag the maps with your own comments. If enough people have done this, you can compile a list of the tags and make something similar your idea. Also, chipv has, within the script's coding, classified the maps by their complexity, size, and time created and has separated out conquest maps, beta maps, and new maps. This is not perfect, but it is a start.
Lieutenant lancehoch

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (4)

Postby GrimReaper. on Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:29 pm

ive looked at it and the thing is the creator rates them (not like i want) plus this would not be limited to fire fox users

i would like ALL CC USERS TO BE ABLE TO RATE MAPS not just one person

well??????????????
Private GrimReaper.

Postby GrimReaper. on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:09 pm

cough
Private GrimReaper.

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:47 pm

I would just like to make the point that the foundry works so hard on these, and then we even have the Beta phase now. I think that this system would be almost entirely personal preference, since all maps are extensively tested. Anyone else agree, disagree?
Private SuicidalSnowman

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1) Training Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby tubaman on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:32 am

SuicidalSnowman wrote:I would just like to make the point that the foundry works so hard on these, and then we even have the Beta phase now. I think that this system would be almost entirely personal preference, since all maps are extensively tested. Anyone else agree, disagree?

I agree, this is all personal preference, so each map rating won't affect whether or not I will play it. But if you have it just to see other people's preferences on a map, sure I guess I would support implementing it.
Captain tubaman

Postby GrimReaper. on Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:30 pm

like i said before it would be great for tourneys
Private GrimReaper.

Postby GrimReaper. on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:32 pm

can we at leat get lack to look at this
Private GrimReaper.

Postby Evan Thomas on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:50 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:Those people that rated the map badly are the ones that do not know strategy and simply do not understand the map (this is way over 50% for Waterloo, AoR, Feudal, and the Rail maps)

Complex maps will be rated crap by all the 5 year old idiots that do not understand how to read a legend, unfortunately there are a lot of them here.

I agree.... the before someone plays a map for the first time, they should look it over and make sure they can understand it, or just play classic map or simple games.
The worst maps are actually the most simple ones, in my opinion. i hate the ones that are like 35-40 terits and its bonus for these terits, bonus for those. they have to step up in difficulty. if this was to come out soon, make sure you rate by how good the the map is, not by how many points you lost.
>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<
Private Evan Thomas

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby GrimReaper. on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:12 pm

how about u have to play the map say five times or so before u can rate it??
Private GrimReaper.

Map Rating System

Postby ubersky on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:55 pm

Concise description:
  • Map Rating System

Specifics:
  • Add a Rating system for maps. Categories:
  • Playability (mechanics of the map, coloring, etc)
  • Enjoyability (is it enjoyable)
  • Balance (does someone get an advantage?)
  • Visual Appeal

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Some maps are just not enjoyable to play. This will provide a constant feedback mechanism for maps after they have left the Foundry.
  • Allows Map Makers to revisit map performance in a more trackable way
  • Also if possible, a system to report on map usage would be nice, like metrics for Map Makers.
Lieutenant ubersky

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Map Rating System

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Post in the threads at the foundry?

Not like they get locked or deleted once the map is finished.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)

Postby Boss_oss_ss on Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:59 am

i dont think that this is a good idea - people are good at different maps, and i beleive that people will rank maps low if there not that good at them - you know how people can be.... ;)
Corporal Boss_oss_ss

Medals: 41
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (13)

Postby ubersky on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:33 pm

That can be taken into the system as well. I'm not a fan of the "Realms" maps since they are very susceptible to rushing. that is something that can be put in there (like the people ratings.. actually it would make more sense here).

I think it's good from a standpoint that I'd like to give my feedback after some of these maps, and digging for a forum thread is not the best way IMHO.
Lieutenant ubersky

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:46 pm

ubersky wrote:I think it's good from a standpoint that I'd like to give my feedback after some of these maps, and digging for a forum thread is not the best way IMHO.

There is something called a search button. You will find everything in about 3 seconds.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Medals: 31
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:38 pm

ubersky wrote:That can be taken into the system as well. I'm not a fan of the "Realms" maps since they are very susceptible to rushing. that is something that can be put in there (like the people ratings.. actually it would make more sense here).

I think it's good from a standpoint that I'd like to give my feedback after some of these maps, and digging for a forum thread is not the best way IMHO.

When you go to start a game on a map, or have a map on your "My Games" page, you can click on the thumbnail of the map and then it opens large in a pop-up window. Click [discussion topic] in the lower left corner, next to the map name. No digging required.

Also, all these proposed areas of rating are already vetted during the forum process. Any that make it out are found in Beta. Some maps (Das Schloss) are found to be unbalanced and revamped. Others (British Isles) are good, but need new graphics, and they get revamped.

Rather than complaining about a map, head into the foundry and put your thoughts in! They listen.
Private SuicidalSnowman

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1) Training Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions