Ready to Royale: Casual games?

Postby jeremscarem on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:45 pm

Concise description:
  • casual battle royale (i.e. not speed) games as part of Ready to Royale

Specifics/Details:
  • not sure where else to suggest this, apologies if this is the wrong place

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • lots of players don't have time/technology to compete in speed games
  • the final tournament is casual games (i.e. not speed) so it would make sense to have some qualifiers as casual also
  • thanks!
Lieutenant jeremscarem

Re: Ready to Royale: Casual games?

Postby Gilligan on Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:58 pm

also can we not have escalating trench?

or any trench for that matter
Captain Gilligan

Postby ViperOverLord on Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:37 pm

I created this on another thread; but it gained no traction. Why are 95 percent of the freaking games (speed) escalating? This just proves who the fastest clickers / people who have the best internet speeds are. With the advent of round limits, escalating should be but a fraction of the spoils chosen for games. The other spoils (no spoils, flat, zombie, nuclear) should be utilized.
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby Gilligan on Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:45 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:I created this on another thread; but it gained no traction. Why are 95 percent of the freaking games (speed) escalating? This just proves who the fastest clickers / people who have the best internet speeds are. With the advent of round limits, escalating should be but a fraction of the spoils chosen for games. The other spoils (no spoils, flat, zombie, nuclear) should be utilized.

i'm assuming this is because the games are automated. this is the first year volunteers aren't creating games and they're all automatic. hell, i forgot about the games because there was no announcement.

it seems the games are started with random settings, because as i said above, escalating trench shouldn't even be considered an option for a BR. just goes to show you how automation is not always the better option.
Captain Gilligan

Postby ViperOverLord on Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:50 pm

Gilligan wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:I created this on another thread; but it gained no traction. Why are 95 percent of the freaking games (speed) escalating? This just proves who the fastest clickers / people who have the best internet speeds are. With the advent of round limits, escalating should be but a fraction of the spoils chosen for games. The other spoils (no spoils, flat, zombie, nuclear) should be utilized.

i'm assuming this is because the games are automated. this is the first year volunteers aren't creating games and they're all automatic. hell, i forgot about the games because there was no announcement.

it seems the games are started with random settings, because as i said above, escalating trench shouldn't even be considered an option for a BR. just goes to show you how automation is not always the better option.

Well, I'm not against trench; but could do without it. Having it as a percent of games could be the best option if that's possible. Even if it's automated, include the other spoils options, then. I know a lot of people are staying away b/c they know its the same handful of players winning based on fast net speeds. Other spoils is a great equalizer that is not being used. And before round limits, I could see why. But there's no reason for it now.
High Score: #76 3053
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby Gilligan on Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:53 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

Well, I'm not against trench; but could do without it. Having it as a percent of games could be the best option if that's possible. Even if it's automated, include the other spoils options, then. I know a lot of people are staying away b/c they know its the same handful of players winning based on fast net speeds. Other spoils is a great equalizer that is not being used. And before round limits, I could see why. But there's no reason for it now.

that wouldn't happen if people were creating games.

right now 46 out of 52 games were escalating.
Captain Gilligan

Return to Archived Suggestions