Conquer Club

Archiving Ranks

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Archived games

Postby Jamie on Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:38 am

How about they make it, so that when a person looks up a past game, it shows their rank at what it was when they started that game. i.e. when a person plays their first game, they are a new recruit, and the archives should reflect that. That way you can go through a person's games, and see how fast they moved through the ranks, and when. Plus you will be able to see when they upset somebody, or got upset. Pretty neat when a private beats a general. :?:
Corporal 1st Class Jamie

Re: Archived games

Postby hmatyas on Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:49 am

Jamie wrote:How about they make it, so that when a person looks up a past game, it shows their rank at what it was when they started that game. i.e. when a person plays their first game, they are a new recruit, and the archives should reflect that. That way you can go through a person's games, and see how fast they moved through the ranks, and when. Plus you will be able to see when they upset somebody, or got upset. Pretty neat when a private beats a general. :?:

its an interesting idea :) but perhaps from the database view this is not a good idea:(
Sergeant hmatyas

Postby Ronaldinho on Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:23 am

I put yes, although i very doubt lack will alow it as the database would just die lol. But very nice feature if it was to be implamented
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby lackattack on Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:23 am

Yeah that would be a real bummer to implement. These historical ranks would have to be stored in each game (calculating them on the fly would put a load on the server), and it could confuse people who don't kow if they're looking at current ot historical ranks.
Sergeant lackattack

Archiving Ranks

Postby Night Strike on Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:20 pm

Suggestion Idea:
When games are completed and archived, the ranks need to be "frozen" within the game as well.

Specifics:
Currently, the rank next to a players name in an archived game is still dynamic (It stays up-to-date with the players current score/rank). I propose freezing those ranks in time similar to how the game chat is frozen.

Why it is needed:
It would be good to know who beat whom back in those early games. If someone were to go back and look at a Cook's early game, they may notice that the cook beat a Major. Although not unheard of, it just doesn't usually happen. What actually happened was these two players were Noobs playing their first game together. One just happened to become really good, while the other one not so much. By keeping the ranks preserved, it would show the ranks of the players at the time the game ended instead of showing their current ranks.
It may also be nice to show that in the feedback section as well.

Priority: 2.5 - 3.0
Major Night Strike

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:38 pm

Hm, I'm not sure of the feasability of this idea, but it is an interesting one. It seems like it would be rather difficult to retroactively do it to the games, and if it is time consuming or difficult, it will probably take a backseat to more pressing issues.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:38 pm

I think this is a cool idea. I've had a couple of times when I've gone back to look at a game, wondering what rank I was when I beat someone, and then remembered it doesn't freeze.

I don't think it is urgent, but like some of the other things suggested recently, it would be a nice little something thrown in to round out an update somewhere along the road.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Night Strike on Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:40 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Hm, I'm not sure of the feasability of this idea, but it is an interesting one. It seems like it would be rather difficult to retroactively do it to the games, and if it is time consuming or difficult, it will probably take a backseat to more pressing issues.

--Andy

Yeah, unfortunately I figured being retroactive would be nearly impossible. But starting in the near future is better than not starting at all.
Major Night Strike

Postby Night Strike on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:14 pm

Bump.
Major Night Strike

Postby treefiddy on Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:37 am

I like this idea. I cooked my friend and it would be great if I could go back to that game and show him how bad he sucked way back when.
Sergeant 1st Class treefiddy

Postby Syzygy on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:04 pm

Very nice idea.

I'm sure it would be impossible to change the old games, but it should be doable for future games.

I first want to see 8 player games though.
Sergeant 1st Class Syzygy

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:09 pm

I also concur that this is a great idea, if it is able to be done...

Good thinking!
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Night Strike on Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:52 am

I finally found it on the 4th page (bump).
Major Night Strike

Postby Aerial Attack on Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:10 pm

A quick and dirty way to do this (for new games going forward):

"Aerial Attack loses 20 points from 1000"
"Optimus Prime gains 20 points added to 1000"

Change suggested in bold. This requires whenever someone gains or loses points the variable (already being captured to calculate the point gain/loss) is printed out in the Game Log
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:27 pm

Aerial Attack wrote:A quick and dirty way to do this (for new games going forward):

"Aerial Attack loses 20 points from 1000"
"Optimus Prime gains 20 points added to 1000"

Change suggested in bold. This requires whenever someone gains or loses points the variable (already being captured to calculate the point gain/loss) is printed out in the Game Log

That wouldn't be hard to do would it?
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Night Strike on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:46 am

Wow, talk about a bump. The new idea isn't too bad either.
Major Night Strike

Postby Bonzai on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:58 am

Maybe a little bit better:

Cook Aerial Attack loses 20 Points.
Captain Optimus Prime gains 20 points.

For the players who don't know the score - rank table by heart =D
Lieutenant Bonzai

Postby Aerial Attack on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:53 am

Bonzai wrote:Maybe a little bit better:

Cook Aerial Attack loses 20 Points.
Captain Optimus Prime gains 20 points.

For the players who don't know the score - rank table by heart =D

Like I said, mine was the quick and dirty way. Seeing as how the variables [current_score_player1 ("Aerial Attack") and current_score_player2 ("Optimus Prime")] are already being used to calculate the gain/loss - it would be easy to just capture them to the Game Log. Your method requires recoding to do a database lookup for relative title.

Unless you want lack to go in and recode the way he calculates scores? I'm guessing that will only happen if he adds options for flat rate or no point matches (highly doubtful).
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby soundout9 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:12 pm

Night Strike wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Hm, I'm not sure of the feasability of this idea, but it is an interesting one. It seems like it would be rather difficult to retroactively do it to the games, and if it is time consuming or difficult, it will probably take a backseat to more pressing issues.

--Andy

Yeah, unfortunately I figured being retroactive would be nearly impossible. But starting in the near future is better than not starting at all.

This is interesting. but i think the priotory is more of a 1 on the scale..or 5 whichever is the least important but it does sound like a good idea
Private soundout9

Re: Archiving Ranks

Postby blakebowling on Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Though this idea is old, I see no reason it can't be submitted.

Submitted
Private blakebowling

Postby Qwert on Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:19 pm

>Priority: 2.5 - 3.0<
hmm what these mean?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:17 pm

qwert wrote:>Priority: 2.5 - 3.0<
hmm what these mean?

This is an old old suggestion, back when Suggestions was older and run different.

People would rate on a scale of 1-5 of how important they thought the suggestion was.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Qwert on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:37 pm

i though that mean to be implemented for 2,5-3 years from time where are sugestion proposed.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:08 pm

qwert wrote:i though that mean to be implemented for 2,5-3 years from time where are sugestion proposed.

Which would make it an alarmingly quick implementation.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby blakebowling on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:13 pm

Woodruff wrote:
qwert wrote:i though that mean to be implemented for 2,5-3 years from time where are sugestion proposed.

Which would make it an alarmingly quick implementation.

Lets try to be constructive.
Private blakebowling

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions