Conquer Club

[Rules] Kick Players Out for Missing Three Turns Total

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Three strikes and out!

Postby gavin_sidhu on Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:17 pm

Big Yuma Ripper wrote:Insead of allowing people to miss two turns on purpose then play, miss two turns on purpose then play, draging out games unneccassarily (which i was in game a while where both other players did this) why not 3 misses and you are out? It would stop this abuse of the system and prevent players from taking advantage of this.
What about the long games that go on forever and what if you had an unstable internet connection which seemed to not work some days but work on others. It is a problem, but i prefer the other solution on missed turns, troops are distributed randomly.
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Re: Three strikes and out!

Postby Big Yuma Ripper on Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:54 am

[/quote] but i prefer the other solution on missed turns, troops are distributed randomly.[/quote]

Guess I missed the other option that you are refering to? Have to admit I dont read the forum much. What do you mean distribute the troops? After they are kicked out? :?:
Colonel Big Yuma Ripper

Postby moz976 on Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:30 am

This idea is already on the Rejected list here is a link to the original thread
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1548
"The suitcoats say, 'There is money to be made.'
They get so excited, nothing gets in their way
My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
It's good for drifting, drifting away."
-Vedder
Private moz976

Missing 3 turns

Postby world power on Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:57 pm

If you miss 3 turns you should be gone...it should not have to be consecutive..
I understand being busy, but 3 turns total is more than enough to miss.
Lieutenant world power

Postby wcaclimbing on Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:22 pm

what about in those games that are 100+ rounds?
those people should not get kicked after three turns just because they missed 3 in 100 turns. thats just unreasonable.

i vote NO.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

in a row

Postby notkin on Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:11 pm

i agree if it is an a row but not total, i am with the last poster on that one
Cadet notkin

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:21 pm

Discussed many times. Not needed to be rehashed.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Kick people out after 3 missed turns

Postby dazrazmataz on Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:01 pm

I suggest you kick people out after 3 missed turns, even if they are not consecutive. The current system allows people to miss as many turns as they like as long as they aren't 3 consecutive turns. This can be very annoying and lead to very long games. I think 3 missed turns in a whole game is a fair rule.
Captain dazrazmataz

Postby moz976 on Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:07 pm

I merged your thread. Check the to-do list before posting.
"The suitcoats say, 'There is money to be made.'
They get so excited, nothing gets in their way
My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
It's good for drifting, drifting away."
-Vedder
Private moz976

Postby lduke1990 on Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:09 pm

as to the distibuting equally they're "bonus" missed turn armies, I don't think that it can be totally random, because in my experience, most people don't have any extra men on their interior territories, just those on their borders, so with the even distribution thing, they should be distributed on the interior, low to unfortified countries, so that, when they do get back to playing, they have all these new armies, but nothing to do with them until another turn has passed. I know that my idea is heavy on the coding, not sure about php, but java would hate me for this.
Private lduke1990

Postby GloriousL on Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:28 pm

My suggestion:

3 consecutive missed turns = Kick!
6 total missed turns = Kick!

A 30% income reduction with each missed turn.

ex
Player income: 3, Income after 1st Turn Skipped 3+3-2 = 4, Income after 2nd Turn Skipped 3+3+3-3=6
Player income: 4, Income after 1st Turn Skipped 4+4-3 = 5, Income after 2nd Turn Skipped 4+4+4-4=8
Player income: 5, Income after 1st Turn Skipped 5+5-3 = 7, Income after 2nd Turn Skipped 5+5+5-5=10

and so on....
Colonel GloriousL

Postby badbrains on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:53 pm

yeah, 2 missed turns off the trot and you're kicked out seems like a good compromise. 'cause we do all have a life, and it's rough to mix that up with taking over the world on top...
Private badbrains

Postby dazrazmataz on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:19 pm

Is there a good reason why this idea has been rejected or is ti still up for discussion?
Captain dazrazmataz

Postby redall on Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:10 pm

Missing a turn gives the player who missed the turn an advantage. Unfortunately, Missing a turn is a strategy and I will use this strategy to try and win games.
Cadet redall

deadbeat

Postby ray2738 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:11 pm

if people miss turn. shud be penalty. no multiple bonus. kick out after 2 misses.
Sergeant 1st Class ray2738

Postby Hixbot on Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:02 am

Even in card games there can still be an advantage to missing your turn.

You may choose to duck the card on this round, and there are many instances when you would prefer to just miss your turn in order to get double deployment next turn. Even though the deployment now occurs during the fort stage, I can still see many tactical advantages to missing your turn.
Especially your very first turn. Let me explain...
Everyone has 3 men everywhere, so it may not be worth the risk of attacking to getting a card. You dont want to choose your deployment yet until you see where everyone else is going. Solution: miss your turn.

No extra armies if you miss your turn (24 hours is long enough)!
3 missed turns and you're out! (non consecutive)
ural_fucked wrote:Good evening.
Sergeant 1st Class Hixbot

Re: Auto-Kick When Missed Turns Are Not Consecutive *Rejected*

Postby detlef on Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:05 am

Were we ever given a reason why this was rejected?

I completely understand the notion that CC is not life and things come up. This is why I have no problem with players getting deferred armies (but really, really prefer the way it is now). There is, however, one major part of the life > CC argument that gets missed.

CC isn't only not the end all be all for those who are stuck in a game with a person who continually misses turns, it is also not the end all be all for the offending player. In other words, losing a game because you couldn't manage to take your turn often enough is not the end of the world. So your life got in the way of being able to honor the game you entered. That's OK. That game will not end up any differently for you than any of the other games (likely more than 1/2 you've played) that you lost. Bummer.

So, on one side, you have several players who are just trying to have a game, on the other, you have somebody who is continuing to hold it up. I don't see why we owe it to the person who's obviously got more important stuff going on to keep waiting.

Now, think about what is being asked. It is pretty damned easy to miss your turn once. Two in a row, however, is pretty tough considering that, unless you're in a 2-3 player game or everyone else is completely on it and takes their turns right away after you miss your first one, you're likely looking at a full 72 hours where you were not able to log on. When you consider that, if you know you're going to have troubles making your turn you can go to the game chat and ask everyone to slow play a bit so your turn doesn't come up more than 24 hours before you're going to be able to play (I've done this several times and people are always happy to oblige).

Has anyone suggested some ratio? What about missing 3 out of 5 turns, 4 out of 9, 5 of 12. Something like that? It would also seem fair to have some max turns missed regardless of how long the game goes on.
Colonel detlef

Re: Auto-Kick When Missed Turns Are Not Consecutive *Rejected*

Postby carmens on Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:58 am

so I was about to post about this and decided to look on the 'to do' list and found that it was rejected.

I noticed that this was rejected because there are other ways to handle this. I'm sorry if I missed what the other ways are, but I looked at the to do list and didn't see anything that directly or indirectly would go towards solving or making this situation better.
Captain carmens

Missed turns

Postby Darryl on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:28 pm

I would suggest that the players who miss three turns in one game instead of just three consecutive turns be booted.
Corporal Darryl

Re: Missed turns

Postby blakebowling on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:31 pm

Darryl wrote:I would suggest that the players who miss three turns in one game instead of just three consecutive turns be booted.

1. You didn't fill out the form.

form wrote:Concise description:
  • xxxxxxx

Specifics:
  • xxxxxxx

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • xxxxxxx (you can obviously delete this for bug reports)
  • xxxxxxx

2. This has been suggested many times before, Please use the search feature

3. You need to give a reason or it will not be implemented.
Private blakebowling

Re: Missed turns

Postby killmanic on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:08 pm

what about games that are 100+ turns long, missing 3 happens to alot of people
Colonel killmanic

missed turns

Postby amhowie on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:32 pm

hi
i was thinking about people who miss turns alot.
i think instead of it being 3 in a row it should be 3 only.
i understand some people miss turns because there away from a computer or someone mite of died in the family, etc
but some people do it to cheat eg miss 2 come back for 1 then miss 2 again or heavly fort up there borders then miss 2 turns come back for 1turn and get a big pay out of armies.
this is not on if u miss 3 turns full stop u should be kicked out of the game.
and if u get kicked out of 3 games for missing turns u should be block from entering games until u state ur case.
Major amhowie

Re: missed turns

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:35 pm

Yeah, but think about the really really long games. If you miss 3 out of 200 turns, well, that's not missing an substantial amount of turns.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby amhowie on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:45 pm

what about the people who miss 50 turn out of 200 and they still get to play thats not fair on the other people in the game, i know its harsh but something need to be done
Major amhowie

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:03 am

And there is already a discussion going on about find a way of turn % in a game that gets you kicked. Not every game you enter are you going to find a person missing 10 turns out of 20. I rarely find a game that has a player miss more than 5 turns in a game.

And how many times is someone who misses 50 out of 200 going to remain in a game? Or happen? Most players who make it into a 200+ round game are skilled players who rarely miss turns.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions