missed turn becoming not missed turn... [Pending]

Suggestions that have been inactive for a long period of time.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: Lenience on missed turns

Postby agentcom on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:37 pm

Haha, OK thanks. I'm still opposed to this suggestion in any form (for reasons it sounds like you and me both agree on).
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (8)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:06 pm

agentcom wrote:If you miss a turn and my team starts talking about what the next turn will be, sometimes that takes 20 hours by the time everyone has had a chance to talk and I get back to actually play my turn. Under your suggestion, now all that thought that we just put into the game is pointless, and we're now starting another 20 hour round of discussions.

This is the main reason I oppose this suggestion 100%.
Major drunkmonkey

Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (10)

Postby Catarah on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:50 pm

the idea sounded good to me, until agentcom pointed out the bad side.

this setting means that in a bad situation, you can suddenly have only 4 hours to discuss the result of the latest move. and say your teams expert on the map/team captain/whjatever only comes on twice a day, that'll be a real problem.

so, no, i am against this. if you're afraid you'll miss a turn, contact a sitter. simple as that.
Captain Catarah

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: missed turn becoming not missed turn... [Pending]

Postby agentcom on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:03 pm

MERGED.
Colonel agentcom

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (8)

Postby Mr_Adams on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:27 am

Catarah wrote:the idea sounded good to me, until agentcom pointed out the bad side.

this setting means that in a bad situation, you can suddenly have only 4 hours to discuss the result of the latest move. and say your teams expert on the map/team captain/whjatever only comes on twice a day, that'll be a real problem.

so, no, i am against this. if you're afraid you'll miss a turn, contact a sitter. simple as that.

What if your 24 hours starts over if the other player comes in and takes their turn?
I am voting Republican now. The Democrats left a bad taste in my mouth -Monica Lewinski
Lieutenant Mr_Adams

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby agentcom on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:40 am

Mr_Adams wrote:
Catarah wrote:the idea sounded good to me, until agentcom pointed out the bad side.

What if your 24 hours starts over if the other player comes in and takes their turn?

It's still really annoying for that team that just spent 10 or more hours to plan out their next move. And the alternative for those teams would be to act quickly lest the other person comes back and gets their turn in and they have to start planning again.
Colonel agentcom

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions