Conquer Club

Adjacent Attacks

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

What do you think about Adjacent Attacks?

I would support this being an option
65%
I would oppose this being an option
26%
I don't care/I don't know yet
10%

Total votes : 454

Re: Adjacent Attacks

Postby lancehoch on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:20 am

Signed up, lets do this.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby n00blet on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:22 am

W00T! More support!
Hadn't checked this forum in a while ><, cuz I was busy with my movie.
Thanks for picking up for my and sending the pws Sully :)
Captain n00blet

Postby OliverFA on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:39 pm

In this screenshot you can see that Siam... I mean... A7 is undefended. And the force that usually would be there is in Japan (also known as A11) just knocking America's door.
Private OliverFA

Postby lancehoch on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:37 pm

We are still looking for one person to play a new game with the same rules. Post if you want to join.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Blinkadyblink on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:15 pm

lancehoch wrote:We are still looking for one person to play a new game with the same rules. Post if you want to join.

I'd love to give it a shot. I was going to sign up for the last one, but I couldn't free up a space in time.
Major Blinkadyblink

Postby Ditocoaf on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:02 pm

Yeah, again very sorry for deadbeating out of the game... I've started a couple others since then, and I've avoided missing a turn now. But I hope you understand that that was my first game in a few months; I totally wasn't used to checking the my games page.

>----------āœŖ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! āœŖ----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby n00blet on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:31 pm

Ditocoaf wrote:Yeah, again very sorry for deadbeating out of the game... I've started a couple others since then, and I've avoided missing a turn now. But I hope you understand that that was my first game in a few months; I totally wasn't used to checking the my games page.

It's okay....we still love you ;)
Captain n00blet

Postby OliverFA on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:26 am

The second game.
Private OliverFA

Postby OliverFA on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:54 am

I still get surprised when I see Siam with no armies protecting it. Something to get used to ;-)
Private OliverFA

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:44 am

I have been sort of following this thread for a bit now, but can I get clarification?

The rule is "a player can only attack from territories he owned at the begining of his turn".

Can you explain how this works for Bombardment territories, or give an example so I can see it in action?
Private SuicidalSnowman

Postby n00blet on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:51 am

SuicidalSnowman wrote:I have been sort of following this thread for a bit now, but can I get clarification?

The rule is "a player can only attack from territories he owned at the begining of his turn".

Can you explain how this works for Bombardment territories, or give an example so I can see it in action?

This would not affect bombardment territories, as I see it. Since no armies are advanced in the bombardment, there is no "newly conquered" country to be restricted. If, however, the bombardment territory attacked and conquered another territory (say, Terr1), the rule would come into effect on Terr1, which would not be able to attack until the next turn. However, if any armies are left on the bombardment territory, it can still attack or bombard.
Captain n00blet

Postby OliverFA on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:03 am

Well, I suppose that the rule means that territories conquered during the current turn cannot bombard.
Private OliverFA

Postby n00blet on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:49 pm

OliverFA wrote:Well, I suppose that the rule means that territories conquered during the current turn cannot bombard.

That too :P
Captain n00blet

Postby Ditocoaf on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:39 pm

Basically, when you capture a territory, you "just got it", so you can't really do anything with it.

Without this rule, you can move armies across asia, through enemy territory, conquering every region one by one. If you have "adjacent reinforcements" set, then things are really weird, imo: if you own asia, you can't move armies through it in a single turn, but if the enemy owns asia, then you can.

With adjacent attacks, things are set so that you can't move more than one region through enemy territory in a single turn. It makes for a much slower game, and much more careful tactics are needed. You can't just build up a giant army, then take over the entire world instantaneously. And if there are no enemies anywhere near Siam, it's safe... but if you leave it undefended, within a turn or two, it could be in huge danger.

You can actually see the enemy approaching your key territories, turn by turn. I think it makes for a much more interesting game.

BTW... since I'm back in the groove of things, I'll just call "in" on any new games with this rule created. I'd like to try again, and this time I won't deadbeat.

>----------āœŖ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! āœŖ----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby OliverFA on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:43 pm

Ditocoaf wrote:Basically, when you capture a territory, you "just got it", so you can't really do anything with it.

Without this rule, you can move armies across asia, through enemy territory, conquering every region one by one. If you have "adjacent reinforcements" set, then things are really weird, imo: if you own asia, you can't move armies through it in a single turn, but if the enemy owns asia, then you can.

With adjacent attacks, things are set so that you can't move more than one region through enemy territory in a single turn. It makes for a much slower game, and much more careful tactics are needed. You can't just build up a giant army, then take over the entire world instantaneously. And if there are no enemies anywhere near Siam, it's safe... but if you leave it undefended, within a turn or two, it could be in huge danger.

You can actually see the enemy approaching your key territories, turn by turn. I think it makes for a much more interesting game.

Excellent description of why having this kind of rule would make for much more interesting and challenging games!

Ditocoaf wrote:BTW... since I'm back in the groove of things, I'll just call "in" on any new games with this rule created. I'd like to try again, and this time I won't deadbeat.

Well, you know there is a game still waiting. So you can PM n00blet and I bet he will accept your offer ;-)
Private OliverFA

Postby OliverFA on Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:07 am

Private OliverFA

Postby OliverFA on Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:29 pm

In a normal game, I would have broken Africa bonus, but with the adjacent attacks rule I just cannot reach it

Private OliverFA

Postby OliverFA on Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:03 pm

Last edited by OliverFA on Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Private OliverFA

Postby OliverFA on Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:46 am

Private OliverFA

Postby n00blet on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:07 pm

OliverFA wrote:Image

You're only documenting every turn so everyone can see you trash us. Shame on you :evil:

:lol:
Captain n00blet

Postby OliverFA on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:41 am

n00blet wrote:You're only documenting every turn so everyone can see you trash us. Shame on you :evil:

Don't worry, I will document the World 2.1 game too, so everybody can see how you killed me very early in the game by destroying my bonus in La Plata ;-)
Private OliverFA

Postby yeti_c on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:46 am

OliverFA wrote:Well, you know there is a game still waiting. So you can PM n00blet and I bet he will accept your offer ;-)

Really?

How do I join?

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby OliverFA on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:50 am

yeti_c wrote:
OliverFA wrote:Well, you know there is a game still waiting. So you can PM n00blet and I bet he will accept your offer ;-)

Really?

How do I join?

C.

I am afraid that game is already full. But is there is enough interest, I don't see why we cannot try another test game. The more people that try it, the more feedback we can have about the subject. We could try a World 2.1 game with escalating cards, a World 2.1 without cards, or a Classic with flat rate, because neither of those combinations has been tested yet.
Private OliverFA

Postby yeti_c on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:58 am

Prefer Classic personally.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby lancehoch on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:00 am

OliverFA wrote:
n00blet wrote:You're only documenting every turn so everyone can see you trash us. Shame on you :evil:

Don't worry, I will document the World 2.1 game too, so everybody can see how you killed me very early in the game by destroying my bonus in La Plata ;-)

Umm...that was actually my doing.
Sergeant lancehoch

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions