Conquer Club

Adjacent Attacks

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

What do you think about Adjacent Attacks?

I would support this being an option
65%
I would oppose this being an option
26%
I don't care/I don't know yet
10%

Total votes : 454

Re: Adjacent Attacks [Last Call ~ TFO]

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Tue May 11, 2010 6:17 pm

Yes you may pmchugh. Any troops that are left behind in the attacking region may attack other adjacent enemy regions.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby OliverFA on Tue May 11, 2010 6:34 pm

The simple rule is: "You can only attack from a region if you owned it at the begining of your turn".

This rule changes a bit for maps with killing neutrals, and becomes "You can only attack from a region if you owned it the begining of yout turn, or if it is a killing neutrals region".
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby pmchugh on Tue May 11, 2010 6:37 pm

Thanks guys, i like this idea would certainly add something completly different from wat we have now.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby OliverFA on Tue May 11, 2010 6:39 pm

jakewilliams wrote:I'd like to invite lack to a private game if he'd like to see how this works on the honor-based rule. There are plenty of regulars here who would be happy to play on the Canada map (or another of his choice). And let's face it, we're going to remember it's AA when we see lackattack in the game :D

I've played a number of 1v1 AA games against OliverFA, n00blet, and denominator, which were fun. We haven't played a lot of team games yet in the AA format, although there has been some interest. If lack wishes, we can set up some team games to show him that AA works well in a team format as well as individual.

Jake

May I suggest that, if this game takes place, you choose Feudal War as the map? AA works in all maps, but Feudal War is the one that best releases the full potential of this game type. You will find everything AA in this map.

If you need some people for those test games, I'm always ready for another AA game ;-)
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:

Private OliverFA

Postby OliverFA on Tue May 11, 2010 6:40 pm

pmchugh wrote:Thanks guys, i like this idea would certainly add something completly different from wat we have now.

You can try to play a game in the tournament and see by yourself :)

My Maps:

Private OliverFA

Postby n00blet on Tue May 11, 2010 8:58 pm

OliverFA wrote:
jakewilliams wrote:I'd like to invite lack to a private game if he'd like to see how this works on the honor-based rule. There are plenty of regulars here who would be happy to play on the Canada map (or another of his choice). And let's face it, we're going to remember it's AA when we see lackattack in the game :D

I've played a number of 1v1 AA games against OliverFA, n00blet, and denominator, which were fun. We haven't played a lot of team games yet in the AA format, although there has been some interest. If lack wishes, we can set up some team games to show him that AA works well in a team format as well as individual.

Jake

May I suggest that, if this game takes place, you choose Feudal War as the map? AA works in all maps, but Feudal War is the one that best releases the full potential of this game type. You will find everything AA in this map.

If you need some people for those test games, I'm always ready for another AA game ;-)
Always up for another one. That would be pretty crazy. I'd definitely be in favor of said game.
Captain n00blet

Postby fumandomuerte on Wed May 12, 2010 1:08 am

I haven't tried the AA games but I would love to see this option implemented because it is a solid proposition with a high gameplay experience value (at least on paper).
Captain fumandomuerte

Postby eddie2 on Wed May 12, 2010 4:05 am

i am up for test games 2
Major eddie2

Postby pmchugh on Wed May 12, 2010 7:44 pm

OliverFA wrote:
pmchugh wrote:Thanks guys, i like this idea would certainly add something completly different from wat we have now.

You can try to play a game in the tournament and see by yourself :)

Sure i'll give it a go, just would be better has an option so no mistakes can be made.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Thu May 13, 2010 4:03 am

I am wondering if anyone who plays (or would like to try them out) AA games would be interested in arranging speed games?

The thought that I had was maybe have a standard password setup for any AA specific speed games that are set up... say 'AA' for the password. There's no specific way to announce that the private game is an AA game, but I would think that anyone who's seen this thread and is interested could just try putting in the standard password and if it works, then they know it's an AA game and they're in it.

Any thoughts?

P.S. If anyone's interested in trying out the gameplay, I'd be happy to play casual test games as well.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby yeti_c on Thu May 13, 2010 12:30 pm

Why is this stickied all of a sudden?!

Is it going to be implemented?

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu May 13, 2010 2:07 pm

yeti_c wrote:Why is this stickied all of a sudden?!

C.

Pretty soon it will be forwarded to lack, as it has a tremendous amount of support
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby fumandomuerte on Thu May 13, 2010 2:09 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
yeti_c wrote:Why is this stickied all of a sudden?!

C.

Pretty soon it will be forwarded to lack, as it has a tremendous amount of support

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Captain fumandomuerte

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Fri May 14, 2010 11:52 am

Just to clarify for everyone before they get too excited, and TheForgivenOne can correct me if I'm wrong here, but:

Forwarded to Lack = Good chance of being added to his to-do list = Added to Lack's to-do list = Implemented 3 years from now if we're lucky.

Not to be pessimistic or anything, but as much as I love the site and lack, his turn-around time for implementing things on the to-do list is legendary.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby n00blet on Fri May 14, 2010 12:07 pm

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:Just to clarify for everyone before they get too excited, and TheForgivenOne can correct me if I'm wrong here, but:

Forwarded to Lack = Good chance of being added to his to-do list = Added to Lack's to-do list = Implemented 3 years from now if we're lucky.

Not to be pessimistic or anything, but as much as I love the site and lack, his turn-around time for implementing things on the to-do list is legendary.
True, but the movement is certainly exciting for all of us who've been with this idea for a good two years now.

Also, we do always set up private games when we are testing it out. As far as I know we always use the same password :? :D
Captain n00blet

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri May 14, 2010 12:48 pm

I'm hopeful that lack is trying to make sure there's a solid backlog of work to do before he hires his new coder :) Plus he has been pretty busy lately with the tourney database and other things - I am hopeful that enhancements are coming down the pipe faster in the future!
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat May 15, 2010 6:05 am

Sometime during this weekend i will be forwarding this to Lack.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat May 15, 2010 10:57 am

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:Just to clarify for everyone before they get too excited, and TheForgivenOne can correct me if I'm wrong here, but:

Actually, if you read how Suggestions work, you will see that Lack's To-do List has been scrapped ;) Starting anew. So whatever gets Forwarded into the Submitted Suggestions, will be considered by him quite soon. Well, according to Andy anyways
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun May 16, 2010 12:48 am

Well, i have thought about this, and i am moving this into Submitted Suggestion. Seems no more can be added, and has a lot of support
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby OliverFA on Sun May 16, 2010 11:05 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:Well, i have thought about this, and i am moving this into Submitted Suggestion. Seems no more can be added, and has a lot of support

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

My Maps:

Private OliverFA

Postby n00blet on Sun May 16, 2010 9:11 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:Well, i have thought about this, and i am moving this into Submitted Suggestion. Seems no more can be added, and has a lot of support

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

So should we expect official comment on it from the head turtle himself? Or just wait for possible implementation?
Captain n00blet

Re: Adjacent Attacks [Submitted Suggestion]

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun May 16, 2010 10:50 pm

When he decides to implement a new feature, he will look through all the Submitted Suggestions
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby n00blet on Mon May 17, 2010 11:24 am

Hey hey hey hey...Just noticed we're the *first* submitted suggestion evaaaaaaaahhhhh

That's exciting! :D
Captain n00blet

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon May 17, 2010 11:30 am

Good work! With Conquer Club bringing on a web developer soon...who knows what is in our future this year!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Mon May 17, 2010 8:56 pm

:D Although I am not here as much, I still support this being an option! It is a great variant
Private SuicidalSnowman

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions