Conquer Club

"Reply to all" [Done]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: "Reply to all" [Done]

Postby pancakemix on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:50 pm

I got 30 PMs today because of this. I detect a flaw in the system.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Bones2484 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:42 pm

pancakemix wrote:I got 30 PMs today because of this. I detect a flaw in the system.

Ditto. This is rather annoying. I'd rather have only reply than reply to all if it's one or the other.
Major Bones2484

Postby cicero on Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:27 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
pancakemix wrote:I got 30 PMs today because of this. I detect a flaw in the system.

Ditto. This is rather annoying. I'd rather have only reply than reply to all if it's one or the other.
Whilst I tend to agree with you guys unfortunately this is not something which lack can change ...

lackattack wrote:I upgraded the forum to phpBB 3.0.3 and indeed the PM Reply button works like 'Reply to all' :D

Here is the full list of improvements in 3.0.3
As lack explains he has simply installed the latest version of phpBB and this 'feature' is part of that.

If you want the behaviour of the "reply" button modified (like two buttons - a "reply" and a "reply to all" - would be nice) then this is something that you'll need to pursue via the phpBB website forums. Follow lack's link and browse from there to post in the right place.
FREE M-E-Mbership and simple rules. Conquer Club - it's not complicated.

random me statistic @ 13 December 2008 - 1336 posts : 232nd most public posts (not counting Tower of Babble) of all time.
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby Ditocoaf on Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:09 pm

cicero wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

Whilst I tend to agree with you guys unfortunately this is not something which lack can change ...

lackattack wrote:I upgraded the forum to phpBB 3.0.3 and indeed the PM Reply button works like 'Reply to all' :D

Here is the full list of improvements in 3.0.3
As lack explains he has simply installed the latest version of phpBB and this 'feature' is part of that.

If you want the behaviour of the "reply" button modified (like two buttons - a "reply" and a "reply to all" - would be nice) then this is something that you'll need to pursue via the phpBB website forums. Follow lack's link and browse from there to post in the right place.

yeah... this was a needed update, but implemented poorly (by phpBB). I'm sure they're already being told by many people how annoying this is.

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:55 am

Annoying as all hell is more like it.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Night Strike on Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:04 am

A temporary stop-gap to not reply to all is to add people BCC. If a person is BCC, their reply will only go back to the original sender.
Major Night Strike

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:41 am

Night Strike wrote:A temporary stop-gap to not reply to all is to add people BCC. If a person is BCC, their reply will only go back to the original sender.

And yet still.... yep, annoying as hell.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Natewolfman on Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:29 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
Night Strike wrote:A temporary stop-gap to not reply to all is to add people BCC. If a person is BCC, their reply will only go back to the original sender.

agreed lol, im not used to it yet... o i just sent my clues for my scavenger hunt without BBC... so the first person to reply, with the correct answer gave away the answer to everyone else in his group completely ruining this stage of the tournament for them :x
Sergeant 1st Class Natewolfman

Postby jako on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:40 am

Natewolfman wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:

agreed lol, im not used to it yet... o i just sent my clues for my scavenger hunt without BBC... so the first person to reply, with the correct answer gave away the answer to everyone else in his group completely ruining this stage of the tournament for them :x

lmao.

not to mention, people are now spamming inboxes with replies saying "ffs" or "stop replying" and its just creating another chain of pms that will result in more people replying just to tell people to stop. :lol:

Time to retire this much loved sig of mine with a new clan.
Lieutenant jako

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions