Conquer Club

Stop multis from playing (Merged) [Done]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

is turning busted multis armies into neutrals a good idea?

a resounding YES!!!
93%
a resounding HECK NO!!!!
7%

Total votes : 91

Re: Turning Busted Multis Armies into Neutrals

Postby owenshooter on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:31 am

yeti_c wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:If they did this, C.C. would soon be a clean site. Maybe it has something to do with the job security, of all the hunters. :-k

No no - if they did this - then CC's database would lie in small broken pieces all over the server room floor.

C.

exactly the reason why my suggestion is so damn brilliant...-6cd
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:46 am

Every time some says to delete an account just replace that with permantly lock.
Captain spiesr

Postby owenshooter on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:26 am

spiesr wrote:Every time some says to delete an account just replace that with permantly lock.

yeah, but that doesn't resolve the problem we are trying to resolve. that resolves the issue after the games are over, not during game play. you would have to lock them and then make them neutral in the games...-6cd
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby yeti_c on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:39 am

Agreed - this suggestion is great - the extra suggestion for deleting accounts is bad.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby owenshooter on Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:35 am

yeti_c wrote:Agreed - this suggestion is great - the extra suggestion for deleting accounts is bad.

C.

if by great you really mean, GENIUS, then i agree...-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby deceangli on Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:03 pm

If we're talking about GENIUS, then my suggestion of pooing on people's furniture must surely qualify. Society has such a downer on the use of faeces as punishment - drives me mad
Corporal 1st Class deceangli

MULTES

Postby Grizbr on Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:56 pm

Multis:
When is this site going to do something about all the Multies. So I report them. I get a sing up that says "Busted" And they are still all in the game. Still all ganging up on me because they are the same person. Now I dot care if they are or are not premium members. It should not make a difference. (I am premium also but that should also not matter). When busted they should be booted forfit all games and if you decide to let them back in it should be after a minimum of 90 days for a first time offence. And permanent if more than one violation. I have talked with many many people who no longer play here because of them. I believe this site is losing 1000's of players because of this issue which they seem to ignors!
Lieutenant Grizbr

Re: MULTES

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:11 pm

If they were no longer allowed to play and must deatbeat their games, it would hurt freemium members.
If they had to resign their games, then people would report everyone who they are about to lose to.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Grizbr on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:19 pm

No they would not. These are proven multis. Reported and determined to be multi by admin. Yet they are still playing they are still all targeting me. At the very least void the game for everyone. I will loose the game, I have no chanse 3 against 1. This one person who is using 3 accounts will still win and get rewarded. An accusation would not result in anything but an investigation. It is the result of the investigation that leads to sanctions if any.
Lieutenant Grizbr

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:22 pm

Grizbr wrote:No they would not. These are proven multis. Reported and determined to be multi by admin. Yet they are still playing they are still all targeting me. At the very least void the game for everyone. I will loose the game, I have no chanse 3 against 1. This one person who is using 3 accounts will still win and get rewarded. An accusation would not result in anything but an investigation. It is the result of the investigation that leads to sanctions if any.

No, that player only gets to finish his active games. That person can't start any more of them.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Grizbr on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:58 pm

Well I strongly suggest that admin look at his problem. It has been on going as long as I have been playing on this site. Dont tell me that nothing can be done about it because I know better. The site can be set up to allow you to void games that cheaters are in. You just need to make it a priority to set the programming.
Lieutenant Grizbr

Postby lancehoch on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Grizbr wrote:No they would not. These are proven multis. Reported and determined to be multi by admin. Yet they are still playing they are still all targeting me. At the very least void the game for everyone. I will loose the game, I have no chanse 3 against 1. This one person who is using 3 accounts will still win and get rewarded. An accusation would not result in anything but an investigation. It is the result of the investigation that leads to sanctions if any.

They are busted as multis, yes, but there is still the chance that we, the hunters, have made a mistake. By locking them out of their games, those people who were incorrectly busted would be at a huge disadvantage for not having done anything wrong. We have all had a game against a multi. Yes, you will lose points in the short run, but it will all even out over time. Sorry that this happened to you.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Grizbr on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:31 pm

So you choose to put me the victim at a huge disadvantage instead.... intresting.
Lieutenant Grizbr

Prevent busted multi's from finishing games

Postby owenator on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: Prevent busted multi's from finishing off their games.

As the subject heading suggests, it's obvious that there is a high number of accounts that are created and consequently busted for being a multi. I have previously suggested that the points lost in the event that should the game be won by these multi's that the points be reversed to all players involved except the multi of course. I had been advised that this is not possible and there was no further explanation for this. However, the suspension and ultimately, the ban of these accounts still doesn't prevent from these accused from finishing off their games. They are no longer apparently able to create or join new games as a result. They can obviously still log in, and finish off their turns, but I don't see the honour and integrity in that - which is obviously THEIR issues. But, I'm suggesting that somehow they are prevented from finishing off their turns or some kind of block is placed on them and ultimately forcing them to deadbeat.

Protecting the integrity of fair competition honourably. No one likes to lose, but I certainly don't like to lose against cheaters when they will no longer have the capability of playing again especially since the points won't be reversed. Retention - how many of us (premium) members have been put in this situation? Obviously, a very large number of paid members have been put in this situation. I know and realize it's easy to simply regain lost points, but again - it's all about integrity and fair and honest competition.
Lieutenant owenator

Re: Prevent busted multi's from finishing games

Postby Night Strike on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:32 pm

This has been suggested before, but I believe rejected. There are cases where people are wrongly busted, so why should they be forced to deadbeat all their games? This has come to light much more so in those instances where people have accidentally been busted when manimal or other trolls make multis.

Also, I'd guess that a very large percentage of multis are freemiums, so that would only affect 4 games at a time (assuming the multis are playing in the same game). I'd say that on the whole, it's better to know that you didn't have to cheat to win a game, and that a few lost points can be won back.
Major Night Strike

Postby juventino on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:21 pm

I dont think we need to have it as a rule. But as a possibility. When it is 100% sure when somebody cheats. There are people who admits it and such. In these cases it is ok to freeze their account until they loose their game. And sure it can affect people in their game but imagine loosing to a cheat. It sucks.
Major juventino

Postby Woodruff on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:39 pm

Night Strike wrote:This has been suggested before, but I believe rejected. There are cases where people are wrongly busted, so why should they be forced to deadbeat all their games? This has come to light much more so in those instances where people have accidentally been busted when manimal or other trolls make multis.

I absolutely understand the cases of "wrongly busted" and it being better to play it safe, and I agree with that position. However, for instances like manimal...come on, there is no reason at all to allow them to continue playing.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby cicero on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:49 pm

Merge Post
MULTES - posts 22 to 23 January 2009 - first post here
Prevent busted multi's from finishing games - posts 27 March 2009 - first post here

This thread collects suggestions together which advocate that busted multi's not be allowed to finish their games. None of these suggestions specifies exactly what should happen in such circumstances. [If there are more threads that should also be merged here, please PM me a link.]

If you're trying to solve this problem there are other discussions - which do propose specifics - that I suggest we contribute to:
Turning Busted Multis Armies into Neutrals
[Again if there are other threads that should be added please PM me.]

Cicero
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Legitimate Player Protection

Postby Woodruff on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:53 pm

Concise description:
  • Banned multis pulled out of games not yet started
  • Banned multis in games already started be removed

Specifics:
  • Once an account is determined to be a banned multi (particularly one of those who are creating large numbers of multis), they should be removed from any new games they have in the queue that have not yet started (in other words, the game can go on to finish getting players, but the multi would be removed).
  • Once an account is determined to be a banned multi (particularly one of those who are creating large numbers of multis), they should be removed (turning their armies to neutral) in any games they are already playing in.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Conquer Club's legitimate users are somewhat more protected from these illegitimate multis
  • Same as above.

Re: Legitimate Player Protection

Postby lancehoch on Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:05 am

Woodruff wrote:Banned multis pulled out of games not yet started

I fully support this part of the suggestion. This will not affect any games in progress and will stop the multis from preying on legitimate members of the community.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Kotaro on Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:09 am

It's not the idea that's not solid, it's always the coding. And besides, that won't help these days that much. manimal and Ramned have made it clear they're ready, willing, and able to quickly make 30 or so multi's in a minute. Any game where there are open spots on the same team, or on enough open spots, they can screw up the game.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby DarthBlood on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:45 pm

then how about this? if you are in a game of banned multis, as i saw happened with tdans, then you pm an admin to pull you out of the game. this way, it's not the player who decides that he or she doesn't feel like playing, it's the admin/mod who does so.
Brigadier DarthBlood

Postby sailorseal on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:05 pm

What if the player is un-busted via e-ticket? ;)
Cook sailorseal

Postby the.killing.44 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:08 pm

sailorseal wrote:What if the player is un-busted via e-ticket? ;)

Then he can rejoin the game by himself. If it's started, so what. This suggestion wouldn't affect unbusted people at all.

Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Woodruff on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:13 pm

sailorseal wrote:What if the player is un-busted via e-ticket? ;)

I believe I addressed that by stating that this suggestion was primarily intended to affect those who are repeatedly creating multiple multi's. So the singular individual should not be affected, in my view. Did you read my suggestion?

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions