Conquer Club

Stop multis from playing (Merged) [Done]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

is turning busted multis armies into neutrals a good idea?

a resounding YES!!!
93%
a resounding HECK NO!!!!
7%

Total votes : 91

Re: Legitimate Player Protection

Postby GenuineEarlGrey on Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:33 pm

While the Mods and Co work on a more solid solution [ :!: :lol: ].....

....there is a way to take some volume out of their thunder....

....we could refer to the book of K.I.S.S.

Kotaro wrote:manimal and Ramned have made it clear they're ready, willing, and able to quickly make 30 or so multi's in a minute.

Sounds like they two have plenty of time on their hands. Students perhaps! I wonder if the Mods have enough I.T. info to find out where there campus is. The head of computing would not appreciate college resources being used like this.

Kotaro wrote:Any game where there are open spots on the same team, or on enough open spots, they can screw up the game.

They can only do that if you play along. Just stop playing. No fun for them, you lose the same number of points and they have to wait for three turns for the game to finish.

E.G.
Lieutenant GenuineEarlGrey

Postby Artimis on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:52 am

There is also the option of a points reset for players caught in a multi infested game.
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
Captain Artimis

Postby Timminz on Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:40 am

GenuineEarlGrey wrote:Sounds like they two have plenty of time on their hands. Students perhaps! I wonder if the Mods have enough I.T. info to find out where there campus is. The head of computing would not appreciate college resources being used like this.

*manimal's only 12 or 13 years old. No campus. Egged is possibly old enough to be out of high school, although clearly not smart enough. I bet he can't even write his own History papers, and buys them online.
Captain Timminz

Postby DarthBlood on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:40 pm

Artimis wrote:There is also the option of a points reset for players caught in a multi infested game.

points reset...as in reset to what you were previously, or reset to 1000? if it's 1000, that's stupid and pointless...

and timminz, as awesome of a guy you are, that was totally off topic. that belongs in flame wars o_o
Brigadier DarthBlood

Postby GenuineEarlGrey on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:02 pm

DarthBlood wrote:
Artimis wrote:There is also the option of a points reset for players caught in a multi infested game.

points reset...as in reset to what you were previously, or reset to 1000? if it's 1000, that's stupid and pointless...

Mmmmm.....

There's another way. It's a kind of K.I.S.S. with attitude.

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Theodor E Roosevelt

All the posting in the forum is just bathing these guys in glory.
Lieutenant GenuineEarlGrey

Postby Woodruff on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:51 pm

GenuineEarlGrey wrote:
DarthBlood wrote:

Mmmmm.....
There's another way. It's a kind of K.I.S.S. with attitude.
Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Theodor E Roosevelt
All the posting in the forum is just bathing these guys in glory.

That's exactly what we need...a big stick. Sadly, this site seems unwilling to even use a limp...<ahem>
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby stormbind on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:42 pm

Rather than target user accounts, why not target the games? For example, when an game is determined to be infected, why not make the game an unrated one?

Does Cutesy*Club report these people to the user's ISP on the basis that they are interfering with the functionality of networked services and harassing other network users?
Corporal stormbind

Postby ender516 on Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:15 am

stormbind wrote:Does Cutesy*Club report these people to the user's ISP on the basis that they are interfering with the functionality of networked services and harassing other network users?

Very good point! Most ISP user agreements, if enforced, could put these multis out of business. Maybe the parents of these juvenile delinquents would do something if their network access was threatened by their child's behaviour. In fact, I believe there are some jurisdictions where such interference and harassment could lead to criminal charges. Lower the boom on them, CC!
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby owenshooter on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:14 am

ender516 wrote: In fact, I believe there are some jurisdictions where such interference and harassment could lead to criminal charges. Lower the boom on them, CC!

they've done it before, i don't know why they won't do it now... maybe twill had the "set" required to go through with that serious of an action...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

multiple accounts

Postby amhowie on Wed May 06, 2009 2:32 am

why is there no way of ending the game when people get busted for multiple accounts???
i just dont get it. How can someone create multiple accounts, they go in and cheat, then gets caught cheating and the people who run conquer club can not just stop the game.

there must be something that can be done about this???
Major amhowie

Re: Prevent busted multi's from finishing games

Postby n8dog on Wed May 06, 2009 5:13 am

I've recently fallen victim to my first known instance of playing against a multi, not once, but twice in a few days. Pandev2 , tarutao2, paperyoga joined 2 open triple freestyle games with myself, amhowie and reggie_mac. You can read all about it here. They were busted and I had assumed that there were adequate policies that dealt with this, but today after searching the forum on this issue, I've afraid to say that I'm quite disgusted.

The only 'grey' areas that I've come across so far is when someone is either falsely accused or wrongly busted, but that's it.

I remember when I first signed up, the site said it only had 2 rules, no multiple accounts and no secret alliances. It even went further to say that multiple accounts were strictly forbidden, but after what I've read in the forums, that isn't the case. I'd like to be sarcastic for a moment and say that the first rule should read something like this:

If you create multiple accounts and get caught, you'll get the pleasure of being able to finish all the games that you are part of and are waiting to play. But because we kinda consider this illegal, you may wanna start quite a lot of games, because not everybody reads the forum, so you ca be assured that the games that appears to sit there forever, will in no doubt be joined by somebody less suspecting. You'll be able to use your unfair advantage to the max, and claim some points while you're at it. And to rub it in, brag about cheating in the game chat.

When there is absolutely no doubt that someone has created a multiple account and cheated, something should be done - for example, the user account is deleted (CC obviously has a 'user manager' console and I'd guess that there's even a little box that would allow you to search for a user. I'd even hazard the guess that beside there username an icon may be visible that would give an admin the ability to click it, and thus deleting the account or at least suspending the games they are in).

Allowing them to play on is bullshit. How does that fit under the definition of strictly forbidden? The current site stance as it stands practically condones this action. By not taking a firm stance as it is implied in the rules, you create/have created an environment that breeds cheating.
Major n8dog

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed May 06, 2009 1:50 pm

This may be higher up on Lack's priority list now, within the top few spots...expect more in a few weeks.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Timminz on Wed May 06, 2009 3:03 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:This may be higher up on Lack's priority list now, within the top few spots...expect more in a few weeks.

--Andy

The sooner, the better.
Captain Timminz

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed May 06, 2009 3:20 pm

I wholeheartedly agree.

--Andy

Postby owenator on Wed May 06, 2009 4:00 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I wholeheartedly agree.

--Andy

I'm impressed with your attitude and your consistency for the betterment of CC to resolve most matters quickly Andy. =D>
Lieutenant owenator

Re: multiple accounts

Postby Rocketry on Wed May 06, 2009 4:27 pm

I think it's at least partly a technical issue. Deleting games screws the server up or something.

Rocket.
Lieutenant Rocketry

Postby Timminz on Wed May 06, 2009 4:29 pm

You guys both should look at the thread directly below this one.
Captain Timminz

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed May 06, 2009 4:32 pm

Merged similar topics.

--Andy

Postby reggie_mac on Wed May 06, 2009 7:09 pm

Rocketry wrote:I think it's at least partly a technical issue. Deleting games screws the server up or something.

Rocket.

Nope, and you don't delete the game, they in effect become a 'corrupted game' im sure a few people have seen those a while back when there were alot of DB issues.

Bust someone, close there games down, if it turn out they were wrongly busted, let them play again.

If the norm is to not suspend accounts of people caught cheating immediately , then the rules and/or signup page need to state that if you are in a game with people who are caught cheating then you will still have to finish the game and may loose points..
Is this important? hell yes, i wouldn't have paid for 2 years of membership (or brought a year for a friend) if i knew that people who were caught cheating are only dealt with retroactively, and without points exchange being voided... which in effect means jack is done about cheating.

There are over 330,000 member on this site, and i guess maybe 10%-15% of those are gold member which means that it is now a 3/4 to 1 million dollar a year business. Don't tell me there is nothing you can do about it.
Soviet Invaders: Space Invaders, it's not just a game
New Zealand Map - Foundry
"You can please all of the people some of the time, or some of the people all of the time, but not all of the people all of the time"
Captain reggie_mac

Postby Bruceswar on Wed May 06, 2009 9:15 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:This may be higher up on Lack's priority list now, within the top few spots...expect more in a few weeks.

--Andy

It is about time! If a multi was busted and could not finish a game it would stop all these bogus accounts from targeting people.

Bravo! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby n8dog on Sat May 09, 2009 4:52 pm

And yes, seeing as we were targeted in 2 games, I want my 72 points back please.
Major n8dog

players busted for cheating should immediately lose all game

Postby broncojd78 on Fri May 22, 2009 1:38 pm

i am in a 3 person assassin game. i thought they were cheating or maybe multis. i checked the cheating forums and saw that they busted for being multis. however, i am still going to lose this game to the one person playing under two IDs.

the reason being that anyone busted for being a multi is allowed to finish their current games.

i would like to propose that if a person is caught cheating, all IDs should immediately be booted from all games. boot them like they would be for missing too many turns.
Sergeant broncojd78

Re: players busted for cheating should immediately lose all game

Postby e_i_pi on Fri May 22, 2009 2:54 pm

I agree. It's a simple case of creating a script that piggybacks on the busting tool the hunters have, that finds all their games and runs the "deadbeat" script on each of them. The code is already there, just needs to be stitched together.
Captain e_i_pi

Postby broncojd78 on Fri May 22, 2009 3:12 pm

awesome! let's run it before i lose this game!
Sergeant broncojd78

Postby owenator on Fri May 22, 2009 3:39 pm

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68025 Already has been a long-running issue.
Lieutenant owenator

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions