Conquer Club

[SCBD] Scoreboard for Average Opponent Rank

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Have scoreboard display option to only show players who sometimes play peers (are not farmers)?

YES
75%
NO
25%

Total votes : 44

Re: Simple Solution to Farming/Point Hoarding

Postby lgoasklucyl on Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:57 pm

FarangDemon wrote:guys, please quit spamming this suggestion thread

mods, please delete the last few irrelevant posts

This is hardly spam. It's a viable solution- if the farmers are dropping points left and right perhaps they'll HAVE TO play real player to actually net points. At least this solution is feasible- there's no way in hell you're going to convince mods to ostracize players simply based on who they play. You can come up with plenty well thought out strategies but if you are going to leave them in he hands of admins you're spinning your tires.
Sergeant 1st Class lgoasklucyl

Postby cicero on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:10 pm

I have made this post in duplicate; once here and once in the new Off Topic edit re "Simple Solution to Farming/Point Hoarding" thread. [Here's a link to the twin post in that thread.]
This thread had been overwhelmed by off topic posting which has all now been removed and collected there.

Please remember that in Suggestions & Bug Reports you are posting off topic if:
  • You focus discussion on the players causing a problem. Instead you should focus discussion on the problem itself and the solution.
  • You discuss things other than the idea suggested in the original post.
  • You suggest completely different ideas to the one the original post suggests. If you have a subtly different idea, please do make that in the same thread as a it is a variation on the original. But if your idea is completely different to the original post please start a new thread to discuss it. Feel free to post in the original thread to let people know about your new thread.
I believe you will see my intention. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Please keep it on topic here ok? :) !
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby FarangDemon on Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:59 pm

gundiesalvo wrote:I agree with the base of it, although for me, the ideal would be that if someone plays and wins against someone that has something like less than 1/3 of their score, they shouldn't get ANY points, that would end "?" farming and noob killing.

Hey just wanted to show you guys some other interesting recent suggestions that I believe would combat farming. In both of these suggestions, players can not gain points from players below a certain threshold.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=73618&start=30

This one is very simple: to play for points, all players in a game must be at least Lieutenant or all lower than Lieutenant. Means that farmers would have to make it to the top by farming Lieutenants, which is hard because you'd need to win 1/17 of the time.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=73494

This one is a totally different scoring system but I find it really promising.
Brigadier FarangDemon

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:06 pm

[quote="FarangDemon"]
So perhaps this suggested zero point gain for beating new recruits should be extended to any opponents less than a certain fraction of the victor's score.

I REALLY like this idea. Excellent idea.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Artimis on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:54 am

Again I think that if a minimum floor is to be imposed on gaining points from someone who's score is lower than yours then a maximum ceiling should also be imposed out of fairness. Otherwise you are penalising players who won their points the hard way by setting up a no win situation when a bunch of low ranks join their games. A player could go down in points mid-game by losing to someone else in another game and would have their points rendered inaccessible to the winner in the games that are still active. If zero points gain is going to be implemented then it needs to be a double edged sword and cut both ways! Otherwise you will further heighten the elitist snobbery that already exists among the majority of high ranks.
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
Captain Artimis

Postby FarangDemon on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:58 pm

Artimis wrote:Again I think that if a minimum floor is to be imposed on gaining points from someone who's score is lower than yours then a maximum ceiling should also be imposed out of fairness. Otherwise you are penalising players who won their points the hard way by setting up a no win situation when a bunch of low ranks join their games. A player could go down in points mid-game by losing to someone else in another game and would have their points rendered inaccessible to the winner in the games that are still active. If zero points gain is going to be implemented then it needs to be a double edged sword and cut both ways! Otherwise you will further heighten the elitist snobbery that already exists among the majority of high ranks.

I prefer excluding the worst players from games with the best players altogether (unless they want to change the settings to be a for fun only game). That way farming is not a viable method for gaining points.

The points inflation has created the points aristocracy. Remove the inflation by making farming impossible and the aristocracy will only continue to exist if the top ranked players are so good that their peer to peer skill can elevate them to such heights. The won't be as high as they are now.

This 2nd system is really good. Under it, there is no points inflation because farming is impossible. So there won't be just a handful of people playing each other in a points aristocracy that nobody else can join. The conqueror could play any player ranked major under the current system and would not have to worry about losing so many points or being labelled a farmer because that major would be 5900 compared to the 6000 of the conqueror.
Brigadier FarangDemon

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions