SEND THE COMPLAINERS TO THEIR ROOM.

Suggestions that have been inactive for a long period of time.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Send them to their room.

YES, sounds good to me.
13%
NOT sure.
No votes
NO I like the war as it is.
88%

Total votes : 8

SEND THE COMPLAINERS TO THEIR ROOM.

Postby porkenbeans on Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:31 pm

Concise description:
  • Everyone knows that there is a war going on at CC between The farmers and the complainers. I suggest that CC send the complainers to their room. I mean this literally, In the sense that, CC can make a room, if you will, that all the jealous complainers can go play their games. Thus removing them from the hair of the rest. Lack and his crew have spent considerable time and effort to create CC. They do not deserve to be constantly badgered by the complainers that do nothing but grip about what they have done wrong.

Specifics:
  • In this room, all the complainers can come up with whatever crazy rules they want.

Specifics:
  • They can even have their own scoreboard, off in the dark somewhere.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • It will allow the rest to play in peace, and not be constantly harassed by the jealous complainers.

• It will finally make everyone happy, and there will be bit more civility here, as a result.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: SEND THE COMPLAINERS TO THEIR ROOM.

Postby blakebowling on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:31 pm

I don't see the scoreboard ever being split into two divisions, there will always be one central scoreboard. That being said, In the future, I hope there will be a scoreboard for each different game setting, and each different map (similar to what map rank offers, except an actual scoreboard, instead of having to submit map ranks to a thread.

I also don't see a seperate part of the site for "non-farmers", ConquerClub is one community, I don't see separate divisions with different rules.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Postby porkenbeans on Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:23 pm

blakebowling wrote:I don't see the scoreboard ever being split into two divisions, there will always be one central scoreboard. That being said, In the future, I hope there will be a scoreboard for each different game setting, and each different map (similar to what map rank offers, except an actual scoreboard, instead of having to submit map ranks to a thread.

I also don't see a seperate part of the site for "non-farmers", ConquerClub is one community, I don't see separate divisions with different rules.
Hey blake, I have noticed that there is in fact 2 communities at CC. You know it as well as I do. One group wants to play by a different set of rules than the other. This is not a secret. every day this battle continues. It is my opinion that the vocal minority has CC on its side. and for the most part because they support the rules laid down by CC. I understand the reasoning behind each said rule. That being said, I wish that Lack would understand that there are a lot of passionate risk players that just want it to be about something else than working this system for points. They want it to be about acknowledging the best risk players instead. Why cant both groups have there own place to play. Hell, you dont even half to keep them under the same roof, if that is preferred. Lack and his merry men can start a whole new, separate site. Most of this site can just be duplicated, so it wont be starting from scratch. Lack, I hope that you will consider this proposal. I know that you will be making many players very, very happy. It really makes a lot of sense, because, this should please both sides. And who knows, the new sister site might turn out to be even more successful than the first. I can even see various cross site contests for bragging rights. I am speaking for a lot of people when I say, Please, seriously think about this proposal.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby The Neon Peon on Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:54 pm

See previous post, I am responding to it, not going to take up half the screen to post.

1. I have not noticed that there are two communities in CC. In fact, when I asked the question, I got a lot of responses, and most of them were different. I can give you the thread if you want.
2. RISK players? You mean all the new recruits? What have they got to do with anything?
3. How are you supposed to define the best player? The system right now does that very well, I can't beat one of their top scores if I do farm. The only way to see who is the best would be to have people play an equal amount of games on each map and setting (already hundreds of times too many games) multiple times to eliminate luck (even more) and against every other player (um... yeah). You can't get much more accurate. By the way, you go around farming on Prohibition Chicago, so how does this apply to you?
4. How does this please the farmer side again?
5. Stop saying you speak for a lot of people until those people come to this thread by themselves, without any PM or begging from you, and express their honest, unaltered opinion here. Just because you think a certain way makes it no more likely that someone else does too.

Okay, now for the practicality of this suggestion: 0
1. To recreate the site, that greatly increases his costs, so he makes less money (enough to kill the sugg right there)
2. How are you going to determine who wants to play and who does not? Any system would put you on the bad end of the stick if it were mathematical. So by hand? Dream on.
3. How are going to stop new players from joining the wrong site?
4. A whole new set of rules? = A whole new set of programming
5. What set of rules are we talking about here? You have not even expressed how the two will be different.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)

Postby porkenbeans on Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:24 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:See previous post, I am responding to it, not going to take up half the screen to post.

1. I have not noticed that there are two communities in CC. In fact, when I asked the question, I got a lot of responses, and most of them were different. I can give you the thread if you want.
2. RISK players? You mean all the new recruits? What have they got to do with anything?
3. How are you supposed to define the best player? The system right now does that very well, I can't beat one of their top scores if I do farm. The only way to see who is the best would be to have people play an equal amount of games on each map and setting (already hundreds of times too many games) multiple times to eliminate luck (even more) and against every other player (um... yeah). You can't get much more accurate. By the way, you go around farming on Prohibition Chicago, so how does this apply to you?
4. How does this please the farmer side again?
5. Stop saying you speak for a lot of people until those people come to this thread by themselves, without any PM or begging from you, and express their honest, unaltered opinion here. Just because you think a certain way makes it no more likely that someone else does too.

Okay, now for the practicality of this suggestion: 0
1. To recreate the site, that greatly increases his costs, so he makes less money (enough to kill the sugg right there)
2. How are you going to determine who wants to play and who does not? Any system would put you on the bad end of the stick if it were mathematical. So by hand? Dream on.
5. What set of rules are we talking about here? You have not even expressed how the two will be different.
It is quite simple neon. You keep the site that you love so much as it is now. The rules for the sister site does not concern you at all. One more thing, You, stop telling me what I can and cant say. And please stop trolling. The topic of this thread is, creating a sister site if there is no room here at CC for the other camp. And it is a large camp neon. What REASONABLE objection could you possibly have to a totally separate site that caters to us. And oh by the way, a lot, if not all of the cost can be covered by the many from CC that would pay to join the new site. I would personally pay twice what it costs here, if such a place was created. As would, I imagine, a lot of others.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

General Contribution (1)

Postby The Neon Peon on Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:37 pm

porkenbeans wrote:It is quite simple neon. You keep the site that you love so much as it is now. The rules for the sister site does not concern you at all.

Did I ever say anything to the contrary? That was not part of the list of problems with the suggestions I gave you.

porkenbeans wrote:One more thing, You, stop telling me what I can and cant say.

In general, people don't like it when people represent their will in society without their consent. You can send around a PM poll to all members if you doubt this.

porkenbeans wrote:And please stop trolling.

Please press the triangular button next to the quote button on my previous post. Select "This poster is Trolling" from the drop down menu on the screen you get. I look forward to seeing if I will get a warning for that.

porkenbeans wrote:The topic of this thread is, creating a sister site if there is no room here at CC for the other camp. And it is a large camp neon. What REASONABLE objection could you possibly have to a totally separate site that caters to us.

The Neon Peon wrote:2. How are you going to determine who wants to play [fairly] and who does not?

My objection is that this is not feasible. If you can prove to me that it is, I am all for it.

porkenbeans wrote:And oh by the way, a lot, if not all of the cost can be covered by the many from CC that would pay to join the new site. I would personally pay twice what it costs here, if such a place was created. As would, I imagine, a lot of others.

Ah, so that is how you are planning to do it. I will contest this point with an abstract argument:
If the people cared so much as to pay double the extra, why is this the first thread made to split the site, and why has it received so little attention?
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)

Postby Woodruff on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:40 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:One more thing, You, stop telling me what I can and cant say.

In general, people don't like it when people represent their will in society without their consent. You can send around a PM poll to all members if you doubt this.

Good Lord, please don't...I don't need to see a thousand PM-replies coming through my inbox. (sigh)
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Return to Archived Suggestions