Two-Tier Score Board

Suggestions that have been inactive for a long period of time.

Two-Tier Score Board

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:04 pm

Concise description:
  • Split the score board into two different tables.

Specifics:
  • The two different tables should be as follows:
    • The ranks - Members who are part of 'The Ranks' Scoreboard will be members with points between 1 and 1400. That is all ranks up to Sergent 1st class.
    • Officers Mesh - Anyone with a score of 1401+ will be put into this group.
  • All players will only be able to play games with those that are on the same scoreboard as them.
  • Should you gain more than 1400 points you will be promoted to the officers mesh and vice versa.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Stop high ranked farming of lower ranks.
  • Keep players playing around their skill level.
  • To stay in the top end you need to play against top end players.
  • Scoreboard split does not apply to tournement games.
  • Scoreboard split does not apply to friends list? Premium Players only?
  • Probably alot more good things to come of it.
Last edited by gimil on Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby GrimReaper. on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:18 pm

im really srry to say but this should be merged with ALL f the other scoreboard topics
Image
When the first Atom bomb test was complete a colleague of Oppenheimer said: "What an Awesome and Foul display of Power." a moment later he added, "Now we are all sons of bitches"
User avatar
Private GrimReaper.
 
Posts: 913
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: everywhere
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby pepperonibread on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:20 pm

So... what if you're a major - but your bud sorta sucks and is a steady cadet? Would you not be able to play him/her?
Maybe you could be allowed a certain number of friends, with whom you could play across scoreboards.
Good idea though gimil - where's my graphics stamp? ;)
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class pepperonibread
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The Former Confederacy
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (3)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:21 pm

GrimReaper. wrote:im really srry to say but this should be merged with ALL f the other scoreboard topics


I had a look at the to-do list and didn't see anything. Lets wing it and let that old man cicero deal with it :mrgreen:
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:23 pm

pepperonibread wrote:So... what if you're a major - but your bud sorta sucks and is a steady cadet? Would you not be able to play him/her?
Maybe you could be allowed a certain number of friends, with whom you could play across scoreboards.
Good idea though gimil - where's my graphics stamp? ;)


I just had a thought, maybe make it so that you can play team games cross scoreboards with people on your friends list? But only if you are on the same team? As long as the rest of the teams ingame only come from the top scoreboard, if that makes sense.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby GrimReaper. on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:25 pm

I think the the scoreboard should be divided up in some ways but gimil I'm gonna stand my ground on this one I don't like the idea of not playing high ranked players(there an excellent source of points)
Image
When the first Atom bomb test was complete a colleague of Oppenheimer said: "What an Awesome and Foul display of Power." a moment later he added, "Now we are all sons of bitches"
User avatar
Private GrimReaper.
 
Posts: 913
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: everywhere
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:30 pm

GrimReaper. wrote:I think the the scoreboard should be divided up in some ways but gimil I'm gonna stand my ground on this one I don't like the idea of not playing high ranked players(there an excellent source of points)


Thats only if you can beat them thou. With this system you have to prove you are better than 'the ranks' to play those higher up and if you get up and can't take the heat you go back down.It should also help move the scoreboard a little closer to skill than it is argued to be at current due to farming, specialisation etc etc.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby The Neon Peon on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:36 pm

I like this idea.

I try to play majors+ only, and then I only play those who are higher than my rank (excluding games with many people where I try to keep the average at captain or higher). This would help out a good deal.

Why did you choose 1400, by the way?
User avatar
Lieutenant The Neon Peon
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:49 pm
Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby GrimReaper. on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:41 pm

Better idea: give all farmers one more chance if they cobrinue ban them and record their ip adress
Every one else gets 3 strikes on farming 3rd time u get banned. Their farming problem solved
Image
When the first Atom bomb test was complete a colleague of Oppenheimer said: "What an Awesome and Foul display of Power." a moment later he added, "Now we are all sons of bitches"
User avatar
Private GrimReaper.
 
Posts: 913
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: everywhere
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:44 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:Why did you choose 1400, by the way?


An easy split between officers and the ranks.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:46 pm

GrimReaper. wrote:Better idea: give all farmers one more chance if they cobrinue ban them and record their ip adress
Every one else gets 3 strikes on farming 3rd time u get banned. Their farming problem solved


An automated system where the site doesn't allow it to happen automatically is much easier to manage than a person moderated system. A threee strike system may sound easy in theory, but in practise it is a different ball game.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby gundiesalvo on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:47 pm

gimil wrote:
pepperonibread wrote:So... what if you're a major - but your bud sorta sucks and is a steady cadet? Would you not be able to play him/her?
Maybe you could be allowed a certain number of friends, with whom you could play across scoreboards.
Good idea though gimil - where's my graphics stamp? ;)


I just had a thought, maybe make it so that you can play team games cross scoreboards with people on your friends list? But only if you are on the same team? As long as the rest of the teams ingame only come from the top scoreboard, if that makes sense.


But what if you want to play standard games, I have a group of friends that I like to play games with , and they're all below 1400.
Maybe on private games if the invited player is in the friends list of the player that created the game they can join?
I know farmers will try to use this in their favor, but it would suck to limit the chances to play against your friends.
Another solution to this could be something that was suggested before, which is games without points. Maybe if you make a private game and you're over 1400 and someone below 1400 joins in then there will be no points given or taken on that game? that way people can still play their friends for fun?
Corporal 1st Class gundiesalvo
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:45 pm
Location: Mexico City
Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm

gundiesalvo wrote:
gimil wrote:
pepperonibread wrote:So... what if you're a major - but your bud sorta sucks and is a steady cadet? Would you not be able to play him/her?
Maybe you could be allowed a certain number of friends, with whom you could play across scoreboards.
Good idea though gimil - where's my graphics stamp? ;)


I just had a thought, maybe make it so that you can play team games cross scoreboards with people on your friends list? But only if you are on the same team? As long as the rest of the teams ingame only come from the top scoreboard, if that makes sense.


But what if you want to play standard games, I have a group of friends that I like to play games with , and they're all below 1400.
Maybe on private games if the invited player is in the friends list of the player that created the game they can join?
I know farmers will try to use this in their favor, but it would suck to limit the chances to play against your friends.
Another solution to this could be something that was suggested before, which is games without points. Maybe if you make a private game and you're over 1400 and someone below 1400 joins in then there will be no points given or taken on that game? that way people can still play their friends for fun?


this is an issue I thought about. I don't really have a solution. Personally though I would be happy to live with it. I have lower ranked friends as well which I am happy to give up to try and make the site a little better.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby The Neon Peon on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:35 pm

gimil wrote:this is an issue I thought about. I don't really have a solution. Personally though I would be happy to live with it. I have lower ranked friends as well which I am happy to give up to try and make the site a little better.

There are 3 people that I know of who use the private game feature to farm: max, King H, and lany on occasion. Even if there are more, then that number is such a small percent (of all people and farmers) that it can be overlooked and private games should be available with any rank.

Except, the other solution: only tournament games are open for any rank. Get together with a group of friends, start a tourney, then play each other via that. It is a lot harder for a farmer to do that, especially since tournaments have to be started through actual threads, and mods have to approve them anyways.

Either one works. Allows friends to play friends (and only premiums in the first one). And makes farming harder.
User avatar
Lieutenant The Neon Peon
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:49 pm
Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby gimil on Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:15 am

The Neon Peon wrote:
gimil wrote:this is an issue I thought about. I don't really have a solution. Personally though I would be happy to live with it. I have lower ranked friends as well which I am happy to give up to try and make the site a little better.

There are 3 people that I know of who use the private game feature to farm: max, King H, and lany on occasion. Even if there are more, then that number is such a small percent (of all people and farmers) that it can be overlooked and private games should be available with any rank.

Except, the other solution: only tournament games are open for any rank. Get together with a group of friends, start a tourney, then play each other via that. It is a lot harder for a farmer to do that, especially since tournaments have to be started through actual threads, and mods have to approve them anyways.

Either one works. Allows friends to play friends (and only premiums in the first one). And makes farming harder.


Thanks neon, I have updated the first post with some of the good points brough up so far.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby hulmey on Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:30 am

i would much prefer to see a freestle and sequential scoreboard. the game play is so so different
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
User avatar
Lieutenant hulmey
 
Posts: 3739
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:33 am
Location: Las Vegas
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby Jeff Hardy on Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:35 am

no.
General Jeff Hardy
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:22 am
Location: Matt Hardy's account, you can play against me there
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby FarangDemon on Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:42 am

Great idea. And it does not require any RR cutoffs like most previous suggestions employ.

If a 5600 point player attempts to farm a 1400 point player, he would win 80 and stand to lose 5 each game. That would mean he needs to win 16/17 games just to break even. I think that the skill and determination of a 1400 point player, combined with dice and drop would render this sort of farming very difficult if not impossible.

Even in trips or quads games, with the usual disorganization of a team of random 1400 point players, I think they could pull off a win 1/17 times.
User avatar
Brigadier FarangDemon
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:36 am
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby Nickbaldwin on Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:17 am

Restricting new recruits, yes, restricting returning players, no. Why do you think they carry on playing? to play low ranks all the time?
LOCK THIS FUCKING THREAD.
LOCK THIS FUCKING THREAD.
LOCK THIS FUCKING THREAD.
LOCK THIS FUCKING THREAD.
User avatar
Captain Nickbaldwin
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 9:07 am
Location: Scut hole near Birmingham
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby gimil on Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:25 am

Nickbaldwin wrote:Restricting new recruits, yes, restricting returning players, no. Why do you think they carry on playing? to play low ranks all the time?


I don't really understand the point you are trying to make.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby Nickbaldwin on Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:42 am

The point I'm trying to make is, what if a low ranked player want the chance to beat a high ranked player? It becomes a lot of hassle....

And another thing is, if you divide the scoreboard, I think very few will be able to cross the divide and stay there, since all the high skilled players go to the 1400+, and all the low skilled players go to 1399-. If a low skilled player bridges the gap, he will be faced by a massive pool of highly skilled players, and go straight back down. Then back up. Then back down. etc.....
LOCK THIS FUCKING THREAD.
LOCK THIS FUCKING THREAD.
LOCK THIS FUCKING THREAD.
LOCK THIS FUCKING THREAD.
User avatar
Captain Nickbaldwin
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 9:07 am
Location: Scut hole near Birmingham
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby The Neon Peon on Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:10 pm

Nickbaldwin wrote:The point I'm trying to make is, what if a low ranked player want the chance to beat a high ranked player? It becomes a lot of hassle....

Why would a new recruit care? I doubt when anyone joins, they are thinking of being high on points. Most people join for the game and then become competitive.

Even so... a sergeant would be a high rank for someone like a new recruit.

Nickbaldwin wrote:And another thing is, if you divide the scoreboard, I think very few will be able to cross the divide and stay there, since all the high skilled players go to the 1400+, and all the low skilled players go to 1399-. If a low skilled player bridges the gap, he will be faced by a massive pool of highly skilled players, and go straight back down. Then back up. Then back down. etc.....

Not an issue. What is the problem with that?

Everyone reaches a plateau sometime. It might take a bit more ups and down with this, but is that really a problem?
User avatar
Lieutenant The Neon Peon
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:49 pm
Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby hulmey on Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:29 pm

im quite sure with gimils suggestions, you will get more people throwing games as well...
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
User avatar
Lieutenant hulmey
 
Posts: 3739
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:33 am
Location: Las Vegas
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby gimil on Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:31 pm

hulmey wrote:im quite sure with gimils suggestions, you will get more people throwing games as well...


How do you figure humley?
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Two-Tier Score Board

Postby hulmey on Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:50 pm

gimil wrote:
hulmey wrote:im quite sure with gimils suggestions, you will get more people throwing games as well...


How do you figure humley?


Should you gain more than 1400 points you will be promoted to the officers mesh and vice versa.

Alot of players will just want to be top of the 2nd scoreboard becuase they have no desire or ability to get to the top of the officers scoreboard.

I agree with habing different scoreboards for

1. Freestyle.
2. Sequential
3. Team Games

This would be alot more and less restricting and would also increase peoples all round enjoyment of the game. If you look at the top of the present scoreboard all you see are freestyle players with fast interenet and cliackable maps.

Lets cater for the people who dont have these advantages.
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
User avatar
Lieutenant hulmey
 
Posts: 3739
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:33 am
Location: Las Vegas
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4)

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login