- Newbie farming is such an abuse we all agree on. But newbies are not only those who are new recruits but also 5 or lets say 10 games completed players are newbies as well. What sort of difference might it be there playing with someone who has 4 completed game so far and another one who has 6 games completed so far ? Does just two games of difference make someone farmer and another not ? I dont think so. There are ways to order the scoreboard in such a way that, any player who wants to take advantage of farming abuse may still go on his way.
- Make Two Dynamic Game Finder listing due to how many completed games the player who created the game has.
- Make two game finder listing. Let any user see only one due to how many games s/he has completed so far. Assume the boundary to be 250(or anything you like) games. Two lists, list 1 will consist of the games which are created by players who has equal to or more than 250 games completed. (Here the game maker is not a newbie). And list 2 will consist of games which are created by players who has less than 250 games completed.
- Make list 1 games available to those players who satisfy the conditions to open games for list 1. Also make list 2 games available to those players who has less than 250 games completed so far.
This will improve the following aspects of the site:
- This will hopefully prevent the farming abuse in a great mean.
- Newbies will improve their skills with almost same level and same skilled players before they sail into the oceans...
- Newbies will not be abused, exploited therefore they will not be discouraged to go further in CC life.
- Server overhead is not going to be much, cos this is a simple operation, take the how many completed games data from database and then make a comparation operation. Will not bring a tremendeous overhead...