Make Dynamic Game Finder Listing

Suggestions that have been inactive for a long period of time.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Make Dynamic Game Finder Listing

Postby HardAttack on Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:47 pm

Concise description:
  • Newbie farming is such an abuse we all agree on. But newbies are not only those who are new recruits but also 5 or lets say 10 games completed players are newbies as well. What sort of difference might it be there playing with someone who has 4 completed game so far and another one who has 6 games completed so far ? Does just two games of difference make someone farmer and another not ? I dont think so. There are ways to order the scoreboard in such a way that, any player who wants to take advantage of farming abuse may still go on his way.

Specifics:
  • Make Two Dynamic Game Finder listing due to how many completed games the player who created the game has.
  • Make two game finder listing. Let any user see only one due to how many games s/he has completed so far. Assume the boundary to be 250(or anything you like) games. Two lists, list 1 will consist of the games which are created by players who has equal to or more than 250 games completed. (Here the game maker is not a newbie). And list 2 will consist of games which are created by players who has less than 250 games completed.
  • Make list 1 games available to those players who satisfy the conditions to open games for list 1. Also make list 2 games available to those players who has less than 250 games completed so far.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • This will hopefully prevent the farming abuse in a great mean.
  • Newbies will improve their skills with almost same level and same skilled players before they sail into the oceans...
  • Newbies will not be abused, exploited therefore they will not be discouraged to go further in CC life.
  • Server overhead is not going to be much, cos this is a simple operation, take the how many completed games data from database and then make a comparation operation. Will not bring a tremendeous overhead...
Colonel HardAttack

Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Make Dynamic Game Finder Listing

Postby Boss_oss_ss on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:16 am

well what happens if somebody (like me) who persuades a few freinds to join and wants to play against their freinds to teach them now to play- it would, putting it frankly, be inpossible to do! :-k
Corporal Boss_oss_ss

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Make Dynamic Game Finder Listing

Postby blakebowling on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:53 am

I really don't like this, I don't think separating the less experienced from the more experienced is the solution. I agree that the maps available to NR's needed to be done, other than that, I don't want any restrictions on who I can play against. If I pay my $25 I should be allowed to play anyone I want.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Return to Archived Suggestions