- New Score Equation: (loser's score / winner's score)^2 * 20
- We have outlined new recruit farming as "bad," yet it is quite clear that the general community also dislikes low rank farming. Let's face it, nothing good comes out of it, and therefore even if you believe that it is a perfectly normal thing, then the complaints about it alone make it have an overall negative effect.
- The new fix will do the following: the farther away your opponents score is from yours, the more points you will win or lose from that person. If you play people about your rank (give or take 5% of score), you might see a measly 1 point difference in the transfer of points. If you choose to play people of half your rank, you will gain 5 points instead of 10 and lose 80 points instead of 40. Meaning, that playing people below your rank is now definitely not worth it.
- The overall effect is that those who play against higher ranks will rise in points, those who play against lower ranks will fall in points, and then those who play about their own rank will experience no change in score.
This will improve the following aspects of the site:
- No more low rank farming (the people who do it will become low ranked themselves)
- No more complaints about low rank farming.
Answering some things before they come up:
- The farming will probably switch from high ranks farming on low ranks, to low ranks trying to join any game they possibly can with high ranks. We might make the cap different depending on score, the one that right now says no more than 100 points can be lost by any rank, we might adjust that to be influenced by your score somehow. Would not be too hard.
- There will be point deflation. Many of the high ranks we have now will no longer be able to keep their scores (even if they continue to play against majors ad captains.) However, all the high-er ranks will drop, the drop increasing more and more the higher up you go, meaning that the scoreboard positions are unlikely to change much, although the people who play their own rank, will get higher.
- No, this is not a jealousy attack on King H*****, I would think that his rank would fall, although I do think he will stay in the top few among the scoreboard. He is a good player at freestyle and 1v1s, win rate being high enough to maintain a high score even if he earns only a third of the points he does now.