Conquer Club

Data feed for a custom stats analysis script :)

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Data feed for a custom stats analysis script :)

Postby vic on Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:25 pm

Hello,

Would it be possible for me at all to get a database dump of all the games that I have played...

fields that I would want are :- my position, map, game type, card type, etc. :)

Or can someone direct me to whoever may be able to get me this feed.

EDIT:

OK SO 4 hours later I have a sexy database that I can now use to generate my own stats hehehe... I don't bother with points - just stuff like favorite map, number of wins, losses etc.

check it out - http://socr.uwindsor.ca/vic/risk/

booya!
Last edited by vic on Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
People teach their dogs to sit, it's a trick. I've been sitting my whole life, and a dog has never looked at me as though he thought I was tricky.
Major vic

Re: Data feed

Postby AK_iceman on Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:48 pm

vic wrote:Hello,

Would it be possible for me at all to get a database dump of all the games that I have played...

fields that I would want are :- my position, map, game type, card type, etc. :)

Or can someone direct me to whoever may be able to get me this feed.

Heres a link to your list of games which includes map, game type, and card type.

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?s ... layer1=vic

Not sure what you mean by your position though. :?
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby vic on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:10 pm

yes i see that - it is being pulled from a database (i'm guessing its MySql)... now what that html page is - is a rendering of all that data that was pulled from a query generated given my username.

I would like the raw data, so that I can throw it into my own database and then generate my own stats :)

I can sit and parse that html page and pull out all the required information but writing a parse script would be too tedious and it is a 5 min process of spooling an sql query to a text / excel file and throwing it to me :)
People teach their dogs to sit, it's a trick. I've been sitting my whole life, and a dog has never looked at me as though he thought I was tricky.
Major vic

Postby vic on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:13 pm

by position I meant whether I won or lost the game :)

It would be nice to know if i got eliminated first etc...
Major vic

Postby vic on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:15 pm

anyhow I have made the tables and I think that I am going to sit here all night and pump some data into my little database :)

fortunately the data pump is static so I won't have any concurrency issues... hopefully by sat I should have a sweet ass interface going and if everything looks good I can opensource it so that others can use it as well... pending release of their stats.
Major vic

Postby tals on Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:59 am

vic wrote:anyhow I have made the tables and I think that I am going to sit here all night and pump some data into my little database :)

fortunately the data pump is static so I won't have any concurrency issues... hopefully by sat I should have a sweet ass interface going and if everything looks good I can opensource it so that others can use it as well... pending release of their stats.

Good start that is for sure - their is a stats thread - which may give more ideas on some of the stats that could be good.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2028

Tals
Sergeant tals

Return to Archived Suggestions