Conquer Club

Show Partners Cards

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Postby Keredrex on Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:52 pm

Awesome Idea...It definitely will help Strategy... and would help if a player communicated the Wrong info By Accident.... Like if he put Guineas instead of Guyana Or New Guinea or Like in Chinese checkers.. Center I but he meant Center l....also it is easier then asking in a triples game what 5 cards each player has
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Postby Gilligan on Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:01 pm

The poll is doing pretty good
Captain Gilligan

Postby Gilligan on Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:08 pm

Can someone say something on why they voted no?
Captain Gilligan

Postby The1exile on Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:19 pm

I like it. Sure you say that you can ask your team mate, but often they might not get online in the 24 hours in which you have to take your turn - especially if you wasted 12 hours before getting on due to having to sleep.
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:30 pm

I would've voted 'I don't care either way' if the option was available.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Gilligan on Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:37 pm

I figured it would be better without it, since people who don't play team games would vote that, that way they would have to vote "Yes, I like it" or "No I don't like it".

What did you vote, Andy?
Captain Gilligan

Postby wicked on Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:55 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I would've voted 'I don't care either way' if the option was available.

--Andy

If you dont' care, then there's no need to vote, eh?
Major wicked

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:14 pm

That's why I didn't vote. ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby dominationnation on Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:31 pm

I agree. It takes away one of the avantages of playing with the same partners over and over again. It makes me not want to play team games when I get team mates who dont communicate when the other team who plays together all the time communicate alot.
Cook dominationnation

Postby Gilligan on Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:49 am

It isn't taking away the advantage since you can still communicate about tactics and strategy the same as before. All that I think should happen is that you should be able to see your partners cards.
Captain Gilligan

Postby chessplaya on Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:10 am

just a question who is in ur avatar?
Veni...
Vidi...
Vici...
Captain chessplaya

Postby Honibaz on Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:11 am

Could we go further into this and make an option of trading cards with your teammate?
ā€œWhen one's expectations are reduced to zero, one really appreciates everything one does haveā€ Stephen Hawking

Honibaz will not be posting or playing due to school between August 23rd(2007) and June 20th(2008).
Corporal Honibaz

Location: Yuexiu District, City of Guangzhou, Guangdong Province/Kwun Tong, District of Kowloon

Postby Gilligan on Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:14 am

chessplaya wrote:just a question who is in ur avatar?

Gilligan. From Gilligan's Island. Now what's your opinion on this?

Honibaz wrote:Could we go further into this and make an option of trading cards with your teammate?

I think that would be far to unfair in some cases.
Captain Gilligan

Postby chessplaya on Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:16 am

Gilligan wrote:
chessplaya wrote:just a question who is in ur avatar?

Gilligan. From Gilligan's Island. Now what's your opinion on this?

i think its quite a good option .... i am not sure its that important ....but its worth the adding !
Veni...
Vidi...
Vici...
Captain chessplaya

Postby TeeGee on Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:21 am

you got my vote little buddy :)
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Gilligan on Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:10 am

Lack? Can you share your opinion on this?
Captain Gilligan

Postby AAFitz on Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:24 am

This option will definitely make it easier to play team games...

the only thing about it, and it isnt necessarily negative, is it takes away the need for teammates to communicate at all.... telling your partner your cards, so they can decide to fort you or kill you is probably one of the more important decisions in every game.... those who communicate better, will be able to make better decisions without ever chatting

with the greasemonkey scripts telling me everything else...its almost nice, if sometimes annoying to either guess at the teammates cards..or wait to chat to make sure killing him is worth it or not...

Id probably vote for it, but it will take away the last little bit of required team chat, for any really experienced team and almost make them too easy
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby wicked on Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:26 am

nonsense AA, there's still plenty of reason to communicate and discuss strategy.
Major wicked

Postby AAFitz on Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:40 am

wicked wrote:nonsense AA, there's still plenty of reason to communicate and discuss strategy.

well yes, for someone like you, of course you need to chat...how else would you know what to do? :D

but in all seriousness im all for it, and obviously you sometimes need to chat....sometimes a lot....and I want to see them as much as anyone else

im more commenting that in some ways it will give you all the information you truly need from your partner, coupled with greasemonkey showing me every stat on the board it will take away from the experience just a bit :D

but im all for it.... discussing the cards to see if teamate has 2bl 1 gr or 2r 3bl etc, gets old and tedious...

the comeback youre looking for is "much like yourself"
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Gilligan on Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:10 am

AAFitz wrote:
wicked wrote:nonsense AA, there's still plenty of reason to communicate and discuss strategy.

well yes, for someone like you, of course you need to chat...how else would you know what to do? :D

but in all seriousness im all for it, and obviously you sometimes need to chat....sometimes a lot....and I want to see them as much as anyone else

im more commenting that in some ways it will give you all the information you truly need from your partner, coupled with greasemonkey showing me every stat on the board it will take away from the experience just a bit :D

but im all for it.... discussing the cards to see if teamate has 2bl 1 gr or 2r 3bl etc, gets old and tedious...

the comeback youre looking for is "much like yourself"

But instead of just the colors, the names as well.
Captain Gilligan

Postby chessplaya on Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:28 am

i have to agree to something here

that if i can see my team mates cards i would have empty team chat all the way :lol: :lol:
Veni...
Vidi...
Vici...
Captain chessplaya

Postby Gilligan on Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:31 am

chessplaya wrote:i have to agree to something here

that if i can see my team mates cards i would have empty team chat all the way :lol: :lol:

But that's not the goal here. The goal is to be able to see teammates cards ans STILL use the chat for tactics and strategy. That's what the chat is for; not for asking what cards a teammate has.
Captain Gilligan

Postby chessplaya on Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:33 am

Gilligan wrote:

But that's not the goal here. The goal is to be able to see teammates cards ans STILL use the chat for tactics and strategy. That's what the chat is for; not for asking what cards a teammate has.

no i completely trust my team mates decisions therefor i only use the chat to let them know when i am having a set !
Veni...
Vidi...
Vici...
Captain chessplaya

Postby Gilligan on Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:35 am

chessplaya wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

no i completely trust my team mates decisions therefor i only use the chat to let them know when i am having a set !

But what if you are playing with a person you've never played before?
Captain Gilligan

Postby crzyblue on Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:38 am

I voted no on this....
Why?
Because team communication and working together is a big thing, I have my own little group of friends I play with... WHY? because we play at the same time, don't take turns without one another... that's the big thing about team games... WORKING AS A TEAM. by showing your partners cards you can plan your own strat, thus who knows what the other person is planning, or you look and see the cards they have and like ooo look a card set i might be able to win the game if i get his card set too... I know some people are going to get greedy like that. So me and my friends we work together, and play together, we talk out our strat as a TEAM on what we doing which is why we win alot... seeing each others cards isn't need we just say if we have a set or not. I know little mrs. wicked's gonna say something but it will you'll end up with bad partners who will take out their team mate getting his cards because they thing they can win the game and end up failing and losing it for them... when you don't know what cards they have you tend to think twice about taking out your partner even if you think you could win the game if he has a card set. By showing the cards you also make it more of a 1 sided thing again. and if this makes it there should be a option "show partners cards" and "don't show" for setting up games because i personally don't like it. also another thing, if you play teams in REAL risk you don't have the option of going oh what cards do you have? I like it currently how it is because it's more like that actual risk game.
Last edited by crzyblue on Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class crzyblue

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions