apb23 wrote:Concise description:
- Freemiums' slots for games should be based on their rank/amount of points
This will improve the following aspects of the site by:
- Anyone less than 1000 should get 4, 1000-1199 5, 1200-1399 6, 1400-1599 7, 1600-1799 8, 1800-1999 9, 2000-2999 10, 3000-3999 11, and then 4000 and above 12, unless conqueror, then unlimited. This system can be tampered with, as long as the same base is maintained.
- Decreasing the amount of multis
- Increasing the amount of players/popularity on the site
- Increasing the amount of people participating in forums, clans, and tournaments
- Decreasing the amount of noob-farming (as there will be less noobs and players will gain experience much quicker)
- Decreasing the amount of point-dumping
This seems to me to be a negative. Here's why:
First of all, it would probably decrease the number of multis a BIT. Only those multis who are here for "more games" which, sadly, is not the majority of multis in my opinion (I wish it were). But that's the only positive I see out of it.
I don't see how it would increase the amount of players on the site, because freemiums already get far more than most sites...so if that were what was going to attract them, it already would have done so.
I don't see how it would increase the amount of people participating in forums, clans or tournaments either. It's irrelevant to the first two, and as to the third...one or two additional games is not going to vastly increase one's ability to join tournaments.
This absolutely will NOT decrease the amount of noob-farming
. In fact, I would say that it would tremendously INCREASE it. I also don't believe it will affect point-dumping, because most point-dumpers are doing it either out of spite at something or because they have some weird logic about how they can increase their score more rapidly by doing so.
This plan would really only work to the advantage of those who are map-specialists. Players like me who play every map (or even a large number of them) simply don't get all of the tiny nuances of every map we play like the specialists do, thus the rank doesn't increase either.
It's certainly not going to increase anyone's likelihood of buying premium (thus ACTUALLY helping the site in a very REAL way), because "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?".
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.