Conquer Club

[GO] Extra Foggy Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[GO] Extra Foggy Games

Postby captainwalrus on Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:50 am

Mod Edit: This suggestion is to reduce the amount of information shown in the Game Log for Fog of War, to make a game "Extra Foggy." Exact details are in the quote below: -James K

GoranZ wrote:Currently we see this:
Player X received 2 troops for holding ?
Player X received 3 troops for holding ?
Player X received 3 troops for 10 regions
Player X assaulted ? from ? and conquered it from Player Y
Player X assaulted ? from ? and conquered it from Player Z

I propose we to see this:
Player X received total of ? troops for holding ?
Player X received ? troops for ? regions
Player X assaulted ? territories ? and conquered it from Player Y
Player X assaulted ? territories ? and conquered it from Player Z[/list]

======================================================================================================

Concise description:
  • Change fog of war so that people cannot tell as much.

Specifics:
  • Instead of people being able to see how many troops people deployed, how many territories they have, and how many troops they move for reinforcements.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • It would make fog of war games more difficult and more realistic.
Last edited by JamesKer1 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Edited OP
~ CaptainWalrus
Private 1st Class captainwalrus

Re: More Foggy fog of war

Postby andy_is_awesome on Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:50 am

I like this because I am too lazy to read game log
That's why I never play foggy
Major andy_is_awesome

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:18 am

the cards esp...
cause you can see what cards they cash ie...the territory names...
then if any of those are bold you immediately know where they are...
this is a pain in feudal and aor etc esp
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby targetman377 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:46 pm

i agree with this idea completely. i can tell a lot about the fog of war to make a game really interesting and a lot better for fog games
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby neanderpaul14 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:37 pm

It's not a bad idea, but if implemented it should be another option and not replace normal fog of war.
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby darkangelsguy205 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:44 pm

the point of fog is to be for the peole who want to read the game chat ang it makes it more dificult because u can trick peole
Sergeant darkangelsguy205

REAL FOG, not just FOG on paper...

Postby GoranZ on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:24 pm

Concise description:
  • Best team becomes strongest team, weaker teams gang up, destroy strongest team beyond comeback... Game 9554744 and million other games with similar faith
  • Make fog game REAL FOG or add another setting for this feature

Specifics/Details:
  • Reduction of data showed in fog games about number of territories and bonuses of enemy players(teams)

Currently we see this:
    Player X received 2 troops for holding ?
    Player X received 3 troops for holding ?
    Player X received 3 troops for 10 regions
    Player X assaulted ? from ? and conquered it from Player Y

I propose we to see this:
    Player X received total of ? troops for holding ?
    Player X received ? troops for ? regions
    Player X assaulted ? territories ? and conquered it from Player Y
    Player X assaulted ? territories ? and conquered it from Player Z

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Players that played good will receive the deserved points instead of losing because of unofficial and unfair alliances...
  • Standard games will not turn into team games in almost every game...
  • Games with more then 2 teams wont turn out into games of team of teams in almost every game...
  • Players(or teams) wont be forced to invite friends(or friendly teams) to level up the unfair playing... this is legal since the alliances are arranged on the game chat.
  • CC will have real fog(if you want data you will have to make some reconnaissance and lose units as in RL or in vast majority of games)
  • The proposal requires minimal programing(couple of hours for implementation and maintenance mode for update of game log)
Last edited by GoranZ on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Re: REAL FOG, not just FOG on paper...

Postby jefjef on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:41 pm

I support all suggs for foggier fog.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby mviola on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:08 pm

This needs to happen now.
High Score: 2906
Major mviola

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:14 pm

i like this idea, and am all for it. =D>

but what i don't like is how you suggest we're playing unfairly. [-X you should include players tendencies into your brilliant play methods. if you don't like diplomacy play 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, etc......
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby GoranZ on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:28 pm

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:i like this idea, and am all for it. =D>

but what i don't like is how you suggest we're playing unfairly. [-X you should include players tendencies into your brilliant play methods. if you don't like diplomacy play 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, etc......

Diplomacy play is one thing... getting real data without reconnaissance is another... its much harder to arrange something if you don't know if the player that proposes something has half of the map or just 1 territory... on top of everything, games with spoils will become much more interesting, same as Terminator games(you wont know if you killed someone until you take out his last territory)

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:but what i don't like is how you suggest we're playing unfairly

Its unfair for me but unfair is not the same as illegal... probably 99% of the players that will read my suggestion already encountered situation as the game I enlisted, so its nothing new to them or you.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Gunn217 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:07 pm

He didn't say you said illegal. It's not even unfair. I support this proposal 100%, but weak teams ganging up on a strong team is not unfair and our alliance is not unofficial. I'll announce here that I would make an official alliance with anyone in any game that 1 team is absolutely dominating. Don't turn a great proposal into a platform to bash the strategy of 3 teams that are trying to survive against you in a single game. Hell, you started the damn thing!
Major Gunn217

Postby jefjef on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:18 pm

Gunn217 wrote:He didn't say you said illegal. It's not even unfair. I support this proposal 100%, but weak teams ganging up on a strong team is not unfair and our alliance is not unofficial. I'll announce here that I would make an official alliance with anyone in any game that 1 team is absolutely dominating. Don't turn a great proposal into a platform to bash the strategy of 3 teams that are trying to survive against you in a single game. Hell, you started the damn thing!

Calm down. This sugg is not in re of alliances. It's in re of FOG information that gives waaay to much information to be true fog. Goran may not have presented this the best way but it is a valid sugg that shouldn't get derailed.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:40 pm

jefjef wrote:Calm down.

alright, i just didn't like how our game was referenced with the whole "unfair" connotation. i play a numerous amount of these games ( 8 player, no spoils, foggy, standard/doubles ) and they generally go this way. and if they didn't, i wouldn't play them. but i'm not bitter and i'll drop it

with that said i agree this is a very nice idea. and i'm sure most fog players would love to see this. whether they play diplomatically or basic heads up games.

but i think it would be hard to do away with the current foggy setting. plus it's nice to have a semi-foggy option. more is usually better. also, changing the tell of how many regions was attacked by each player seems impossible since the log is updated once per each action. other than that this would be a very nice addition to conquer club.

hopefully there will be enough support generated for this. [-o<
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby chapcrap on Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:09 am

I think that this is already supposed to be happening as part of the new Game Log. Am I right about that? Either way, I support it.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=138522
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby jammyjames on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:29 am

great suggestion, this would make fog play so much better :)
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby ad10r3tr0 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:39 am

I agree 100%... this needs to happen asap, unfortunately it will be at least a year :(
Cook ad10r3tr0

Postby chapcrap on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:25 pm

ad10r3tr0 wrote:I agree 100%... this needs to happen asap, unfortunately it will be at least a year :(

Or 6.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby GoranZ on Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:55 pm

chapcrap wrote:
ad10r3tr0 wrote:I agree 100%... this needs to happen asap, unfortunately it will be at least a year :(

Or 6.

sooner the better, probably over half(just guessing... no one can really know for sure) of foed players in CC are as a result of the issue I pointed out... and that is a lot of players that cant join games.

With my proposal I'm trying to make fog games more realistic and with that more interesting, and on top of that some of the reasons for foeing players will disappear... I bet that over 90% of the players that like playing in fog will support this suggestion.

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:also, changing the tell of how many regions was attacked by each player seems impossible since the log is updated once per each action. other than that this would be a very nice addition to conquer club.

hopefully there will be enough support generated for this. [-o<

It is easy... only the first region from defeated player will be shown(change only in presentation...), every other after that it wont... well I'm hoping CC to implement this very soon so I can win our game :lol:... jk I can win without this :twisted: , you only need to give me a chance

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Teflon Kris on Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:22 pm

I'm into it - big problem is if someone drops a bonus first turn but that should be prevented by xml anyway really.

Perhaps we should have 4 option - Sunny, Moonligt, Mist & Total Fog.
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby chapcrap on Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:27 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:I'm into it - big problem is if someone drops a bonus first turn but that should be prevented by xml anyway really.

Would Mist be Fog as it is now?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:20 pm

chapcrap wrote:
DJ Teflon wrote:I'm into it - big problem is if someone drops a bonus first turn but that should be prevented by xml anyway really.

i think what we have now is "moonlight"

i want mist.

i thihk goranz wants complete fog. no chat, no info other than border vision.

which imo is kind of dumb.

it's basically just rolling dice and nothing else.

i want to know how many regions have been attacked by who. and i also would like to know if there is a bonus taken. not necessarily how much of a bonus, just that there's been one taken. and the spoils too. they should say got bonus of ? added to ?. and then display what spoils were cashed.

if you don't have at least a minimal amount of info, then everyones just playing blindly, mindlessly attacking each other while one player get's unintentionally left alone by chance and gets to mop everyone up after a few turns. that's kind of dumb i think. may as well just play doodle assassin games.

also i'd not like to do without chat. the reason i play is the interaction and propaganda. if i didn't want that, i'd just play 2v2's or 1v1's. i like playing all games with bunches of communication. monopoly, spades, dominoes, etc.....
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby Herbas on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:41 am

I'm also not so sure about "foggier fog".
I would say that right now many people are already clueless in FoW and I fear that by taking away even more information from the log will make games to simple guessworks and luck based.

In order to have a strategy, you need to have some amount of real information. If you don't have anything, then you can't even create strategies.
Colonel Herbas

Postby chapcrap on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:00 am

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

i think what we have now is "moonlight"

No, DJ describes what he means by Moonlight here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=153537

Either, way, I don't care what it's called. I think the 4 options would be good.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby GoranZ on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:18 pm

chapcrap wrote:Either, way, I don't care what it's called. I think the 4 options would be good.

I agree with 4 options also...
The suggestion that I proposed is only one suggestion on how and what should be added... other opinions on the same subject are always welcomed... maybe I missed something or someone can improve my proposal :)

Brigadier GoranZ

Next

Return to Suggestions