Conquer Club

Conquer Club Dispatch Interrogation- El_Jefe

Old issues and old threads regarding various newsletter things.

Moderator: Community Team

Conquer Club Dispatch Interrogation- El_Jefe

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:07 pm

For the 83rd issue of the CC Newsletter, recent administrator El_Jefe will be interviewed.

Ask Away!
Captain safariguy5

Re: Conquer Club Dispatch Interrogation- El_Jefe

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:37 am

=D> =D> =D>
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby x-raider on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:25 am

Awesome!

:ugeek: or :-s ?
Corporal 1st Class x-raider

Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe

Postby smegal69 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:08 am

Re: The Revolution Begins

Postby El_Jefe on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:24 am
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. A few people have asked about the huge gap (five years) in my account activity here. Allow me to explain...
I started to play CC and was just getting into it. My son got the bug so I helped him get set up as well. He got hooked and soon begged me for premium membership (how could I refuse?). Then he played for a few months but, as kids do, eventually got distracted (with 20+ games on the go). I played his account so he wouldn't deadbeat all his games and soon I was hooked on the speed games and improving his ranking. Suddenly five years and 1500+ games go by. The current admins suggested I revert back to my ID for this transition as he had some personal info in game comments and plenty of seven year old fits of rage after a run of bad luck.
That is all. Feel free to let the conspiracy theories start to fly. :-s

hello El_jefe, so you said you played 1500+ games over five years in you son's account and were hooked on speed, but there is only 1 player in Indonesia who has over 1500 games and they have only played 15 speed games.......So

1, why is his rank cook?
2, do you think that is account sitting abuse
3, are you telling us the truth?

also i see you have Che Guevara as your profile pic....... so

1, was he a revolutionary leader or a terrorist
2, are you using CC to recruit members for Jemaah Islamiyah

and in the light of the recent banning of GLG, is there any others in the target sights for a life ban on CC?

if you were to join a Clan what one would you pick and would they get special treatment?
Lieutenant smegal69

Location: Doing Hard Time on "The ROCK", in the southern ocean

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:46 am

smegal69 wrote:
Re: The Revolution Begins

Postby El_Jefe on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:24 am
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. A few people have asked about the huge gap (five years) in my account activity here. Allow me to explain...
I started to play CC and was just getting into it. My son got the bug so I helped him get set up as well. He got hooked and soon begged me for premium membership (how could I refuse?). Then he played for a few months but, as kids do, eventually got distracted (with 20+ games on the go). I played his account so he wouldn't deadbeat all his games and soon I was hooked on the speed games and improving his ranking. Suddenly five years and 1500+ games go by. The current admins suggested I revert back to my ID for this transition as he had some personal info in game comments and plenty of seven year old fits of rage after a run of bad luck.

hello El_jefe, so you said you played 1500+ games over five years in you son's account and were hooked on speed, but there is only 1 player in Indonesia who has over 1500 games and they have only played 15 speed games.......So

1, why is his rank cook?

also i see you have Che Guevara as your profile pic....... so

1, was he a revolutionary leader or a terrorist
2, are you using CC to recruit members for Jemaah Islamiyah

and in the light of the recent banning of GLG, is there any others in the target sights for a life ban on CC?

aren't you trying hard enough? :lol:
Major betiko

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:12 am

What is the single most important thing that needs to be done?
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:05 am

What was the best off-topic forum name in forum history?
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby padsta on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:12 am

what account were you using before you took over and became El_Jefe again

when will we get 2 player team games and 12 player games
send me an invite if you are looking for teammate medal
Captain padsta

Postby denominator on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:49 am

Is there any sort of mobile friendly version of the site in the works?
Lieutenant denominator

Postby plurple on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:58 pm

how long before we can expect a better invite system? and what is it likely to be like?
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby IR1SH ACE on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:39 pm

El_Jefe wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. A few people have asked about the huge gap (five years) in my account activity here. Allow me to explain...

padsta wrote:what account were you using before you took over and became El_Jefe again

smegal69 wrote:hello El_jefe, so you said you played 1500+ games over five years in you son's account and were hooked on speed, but there is only 1 player in Indonesia who has over 1500 games and they have only played 15 speed games.......So

1, why is his rank cook?

Seems like who your other account was is something people want to know....now I like to think Im good a researchin stuff on CC and pride myself at been thorough....so thought i would take up the challenge of unearthing this sons account.....

So far we have El_Jefe.....joined - Thu Nov 22, 2007
games played 107....games played before long gap away from site....45...last game...Game 1347723....game ended...Dec 10th 2007

so only 18 days after joinin u quit this account to start playin ur sons account....now u have already said u played 1500+ games on sons account and as smegal69 pointed out there is only one player from Indonesia with over 1500 games played....h-bomb

but he joined the site....Mon Apr 05, 2010....so cant be him, now i suppose we dont know that ur account was always Indonesia or maybe one of the admins might have logged into your sons account to change the flag or even that the account has just been deleted from the site.....

on a sidenote it is kind of strange that h-bomb was the player u played against in ur first two games back on the site after 5 years away....Game 11823288.....Game 11828058....and he deadbeat out of both games...lol...the plot thickens... :-k

then the next logical step i can think of is that if i was to introduce my son to this site and set him up with an account I would show him the ropes in some 1v1 games....so lets look at them for any clues....41 out of 45 games you played before u switched accounts are 1v1 classics

out of these 41 games only one player stands out as someone u know....ThePCE....u played each other 7 times in 1v1 and he is the only player u played in these 41 1v1's games that joined the site after u....Fri Nov 23, 2007....the day after u and by looking at some of the game chat you know each other but ThePCE only played 13 games and last visited about 5th Dec 2007....5 days before u left the site....so it cant be him...oh well

So from what I can see Im callin BS on the switched to sons account story.....so come on then what was the previous multi u were using?... :D

why all the secrecy?

u blitz/GLG or what?.....not like we can file a C&A report and get u booted or anything....
Major IR1SH ACE

Postby #1_stunna on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:39 pm

how do you get an interview before me (#1_stunna)?
12:17:31 ā€¹Pixarā€ŗ im gonna be fappin to that all night long
10:59:12 ā€¹rhp 1ā€ŗ holy hell... that did it.. I pissed myself
15:15:52 ā€¹Ace Rimmerā€ŗ Sackett58, I think I may get some action this weekend
15:16:05 ā€¹Sackett58ā€ŗ Right hand or left Ace?
Major #1_stunna

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:35 pm

a/s/l?

Seriously, I'd like to know more about you. How old are your kid(s)? Are you retired or did you leave another job to do this one?

Any chance you will hang out in live chat on a regular basis? It's fun, I promise.

Do you read any of the public forums for fun, or stick to the admin forums (like bugs and suggs, and the private mod forums)?
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:58 pm

How do you approach challenges that occur in your daily life? What I mean is, are you the type of person who jumps right in and gets their hands dirty while trying to figure everything out? Or perhaps do you first study possible scenarios and outcomes and figure out what is the best approach to the problem at hand? Or some other approach entirely?

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby eddie2 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:04 pm

Irish i agree with many a thing you say and i think you are the same with me..... son multi or what he has taken over this site and that is one thing we cannot argue with. one thing i do not like is the fact he has admitted playing all these games on a illegitimate account but will not tell us which one . but i do believe it is for bettering the site because he recruited rdsrds2120 who is one of several previous mods i do actually respect(along with about 3 or 5 i have not over the past years.) the only thing i do actually not like is the fact he will not tell us his previous account so we can see what kind of player he is like with all previous moderators etc they have had a previous cc history that we can look at, el-jeffe has not got this, and one thing that has remained is we want this site to be a tight community but when we have a web master who has admitted breaking a rule of site, but will not tell us who it was my ? is gonna be plz can you tell us who it was so things can move on and we can enjoy the playing experiance knowing the person in charge is a good guy and will admit his previous false actions in showing us who he actually was. because i think there is always going to be a question over this.

2nd i am going to ask that do you think it would be better to allow freemiums access to 1 speed game a day ???
3rd do you think it would be better to allow freemiums 1 extra game for clan tournament games only.
4th do you also not think cc should have a drunken ranter page where people can let off steam and not have post reported and banned when they go to log on again.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby friendly1 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Hello El Jefe :-)

Congratulations on the role of administrator, and thank you for taking a role which public opinion felt was being neglected!

May I ask is this role an employed position, or are you a part (or sole) owner for Conquer Club?

Whose decision was it for Andy not to continue with CC?

Why RDS for community manager?

Why King Achilles to continue? Was this your decision?
Sergeant 1st Class friendly1

Postby squishyg on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:23 pm

Piggybacking on friendly's excellent questions:

Who among the CC staff are paid employees?
Who hires/fires those people?
What is lack's ongoing business relationship to CC?
If you could create a full time paid position on CC, what is the most pressing area that needs a dedicated staff member?
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby MrBenn on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:05 pm

How involved have you been with the site over the past five years (ie what sort of games/chat/forums/tourneys/etc with your 'other' account)? What experiences from this time will inspire your work here?

Why piggyback onto an old/defunct account and pretend it's your own? What do you have to hide?
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby MegaProphet on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:56 pm

Do you have a set of improvements in mind for the site? Which ones do you plan on implementing first?
Corporal MegaProphet

Postby generalhead on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:13 pm

Boxers or briefs?
Sergeant generalhead

Postby Serbia on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:13 pm

What kind of music do you enjoy?
What kind of sports do you enjoy playing, and which do you enjoy watching?
Are you bothered by all the questions concerning your past on this site? Do the questions surprise you, or did you expect this?
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby x-raider on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:55 am

Do you mind if I refer to the previous question? Theoretically?

What's the coolest thing you've done recently? (besides CC)

When you made your user-name: Were you planning to take over the world or CC or both?
Corporal 1st Class x-raider

Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe

Postby OliverFA on Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:33 am

For me the obvious question is: How did you manage to become CC Admin? Did Lack propose you? Did you propose to Lack? Which past merits and achievements make you suitable for the role?
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby generalhead on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:58 am

Good question OliverFA. =D>
Sergeant generalhead

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:38 pm

What's the best way to spend a Saturday afternoon?

What's your favourite beer?

Do you know any good jokes?

Which is the best episode of Star Wars?

Can I get a raise?

What's your favourite era in history?

Do androids dream of electric sheep?
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Next

Return to Newsletter Archives