Conquer Club

Unable to deploy/attack - action on iPad Air2

Found something broken on the website or in the game, that isn't a plugin enhancement issue? Let's check it out.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously reported bugs first!

Unable to deploy/attack - action on iPad Air2

Postby Bantam on Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:45 am

Operating System: iOS 11.0.1
Browser: Safari
Scripts/third party programs used: none.

If the bug happened in a game/s, do not forget to indicate the game number/s.

Concise description:
  • Games will load but the ability to drop troops or troops appears to fail randomly - it's as if the touch-screen doesn't recognise the location of the buttons to activate actions.
    I can get actions to occur by refreshing the browser - but the success rate is at best 25% - whether its related to the "log downloading file" who knows - this started to happen about 2 days ago.
Gladiators of Noxious
Major Bantam

Location: Auckland, New Zealand but temporarily Sydney, Australia
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Unable to deploy/attack - action on iPad Air2

Postby General Brewsie on Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:21 pm

This has just happened to me, too, in Game 17693356, running Windows 7 with Google Chrome. This is a Poly game and the Waiting section indicates my next player is my Cyan, but it should be my Silver.
Private 1st Class General Brewsie

Medals: 54
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (6)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Rockiesman on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:34 pm

I’ve just updated the new iOS 11.0.2 and am seeing UI failures for th3 bottom dock in all games.
Captain Rockiesman

Medals: 48
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4)
Tribe Achievement (1)

Postby king achilles on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:51 pm

Can you provide a screenshot? Have you tried a different browser?
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby King_Herpes on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:12 am

Hi, welcome to Apple.

We understand your problem and want to know more. Please sign your name onto this impossibly legible glass screen with our provided plastic stick on a worn string. We promise it is not a petrified tampon, please press [I Accept] by selecting the [I Accept] box.

Thank you, your estimated time of assistance is 1 hour and 45 minutes. Please feel free to sit down on the floor and stare angrily at the customers who weren't wise on setting an appointment time because we don't believe chairs to be very efficient.
Major King_Herpes

Medals: 89
Conqueror Achievement (1) Most Improved Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Bantam on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:11 pm

Had the same issue whilst playing via Chrome on same device.
Tried Via Safari and immediate fail to action the buttons via screen.

The device has the most up-to-date iOS and everything else seems to work fine.

king achilles wrote:Can you provide a screenshot? Have you tried a different browser?
Gladiators of Noxious
Major Bantam

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (1)

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:58 pm

I had this issue as well. iPad mini4, iOS 11.0.2, safari.

Had issues trying to play in landscape with not recognizing where the buttons are. I’d try to hit a key in the action bar and it would light up on a territory and move troops.

Once I flipped it to portrait it works perfectly for me.
Captain CatchersMitt14
Community Team
Community Team

Medals: 147
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (21) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (34)
Tribe Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (19)

Postby Bantam on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:09 am

Thanks mate - that fix worked for me
CatchersMitt14 wrote:I had this issue as well. iPad mini4, iOS 11.0.2, safari.

Had issues trying to play in landscape with not recognizing where the buttons are. I’d try to hit a key in the action bar and it would light up on a territory and move troops.

Once I flipped it to portrait it works perfectly for me.
Gladiators of Noxious
Major Bantam

Postby Mad777 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:10 pm

Indeed, was authorized to upgrade to iOS 11 today andn encountered the same issue only when the iPad is on Landscape, flipping to portrait work and if you pay attention you can see the button shadow that is lightly off the button itself while in landscape the offset between the button and the touch screen seems to be way off or not recognize.

Does anyone has taken this action from admin group?
".....Fallait pas m'inviter....."
Major Mad777
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Medals: 122
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (18) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (3) Tribe Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (6)

Postby king achilles on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Please send us a screenshot or post one here as the webmaster doesn't seem to have any issues using the iOS 11.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Mad777 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:10 am

king achilles wrote:Please send us a screenshot or post one here as the webmaster doesn't seem to have any issues using the iOS 11.

using iOS 11 ok but perhaps on Mac laptop, we are saying that does happen on iPad (I checked on my iPhone that also has now the iOS 11 and so far no issue), can the reason be perhaps a sort of reformat of the screen from safari page and it’s objects?
That would be the only reason why iPad only has this problem, i found that there is the issue showing while iPad is used in “portrait” as well but 1 out 10 attempt only, in Landscape it’s all the time.

KA, how a screenshot would help to show “invisible” issue??? Also being a touch screen issue, taking a snapshot while using your finger to reproduce the problem is impossible (to take a snapshot on iPad you have to press the PWR button AND the HOME button at the same time).

I make some research online and try to understand all the new feature from this iOS, and I think I found the issue, on iPad they overhauled the “Application Dock” and it’s touchscreen sensitivity & design, this change includes also the format of the link object.
What I meant by that is before this change and when you pressed and hold a link from the left menu column (Central Command, Game Finder, Inbox, otr whatever), the whole block was darkening, and you get the Safari option menu popping (open, open in a new, open in a split viwe, etc...), now it still blackened the block however they added a sort of 3D white object barely visible under your finger, if you keep holding and going to the left of the screen with this object it would create a split view.

So all that to say this additional “white object” that embeds the link is part of any single thing this site has, since the mobile version offers those button in the game page, I bet the touchscreen has relocated CC button feature behind the screen and that is perhaps why no action is going pressing start, end or whatever.

make sense? :lol:
Major Mad777
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (18) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (3) Tribe Achievement (1)

Postby Mad777 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:35 am

I found something interesting do....while you are in your game and in landscape mode, if you slide the map all the way up (swiping down on the the touch screen) and to have to upper icon showing up then the bottom game option becomes working great...does anyone fond it working that way as well?
Major Mad777
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Mad777 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:44 pm

Ok, is there anybody working this? Very annoying issue and cause problem playing games...

Now I can confirm the bottom button bar is invisibly moving up when you scroll the map to see the bottom part of it, I found taping few inches up activate the refresh and the “i” button, somethin gis definitivaly moving that bottom bar up when you scroll the map...

Please advise
Major Mad777
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:48 pm

It is annoying. I tried to click on a territ to deploy some troops the other afternoon and they actually dropped on a territ about two inches away from where I touched the screen.

I also agree with Mad. How are we supposed to submit screenshots to help? The only way I can see that working is if you use another devices to take a video of you attempting to play so you can see the screen and the person trying to hit the buttons.
Captain CatchersMitt14
Community Team
Community Team

Medals: 147
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (21) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (34)
Tribe Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (19)

Postby Mad777 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:53 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:It is annoying. I tried to click on a territ to deploy some troops the other afternoon and they actually dropped on a territ about two inches away from where I touched the screen.

I also agree with Mad. How are we supposed to submit screenshots to help? The only way I can see that working is if you use another devices to take a video of you attempting to play so you can see the screen and the person trying to hit the buttons.

Was just able to get a picture while trying how it wrongly work, I will send it to BW :P
Major Mad777
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Mad777 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:25 pm

Went and played with iPhone and I noticed those button shadow to be also a bit offset, at some point it does the same as iPad issue however because the screen is smaller the gap isn’t that bad but need to be careful, I was about to deploy to the wrong territ.
Major Mad777
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby king achilles on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:43 pm

After the webmaster has looked into this issue, we believe there is a bug in iOS11.

It seems that when you have an element fixed to the bottom of the screen, and then scroll the screen, the clickable parts of the fixed elements scroll with the screen, even though they visibly stay in the same place. so that is why you can click them by clicking above the action bar, after scrolling. if you don't scroll there is no problem... which would be fine for some maps, but not all. This also explains why portrait mode works, because usually the entire map fits on the screen and no scrolling is necessary, or even possible.

Hopefully apple will fix this bug that we believe is related to this: https://hackernoon.com/how-to-fix-the-i ... f66c7ba3f8

The only (run around) solution for this, for mobile devices, is to move the action bar to the top of the map, and make it not fixed, but static... meaning that it will not scroll with the screen. this would be fine for those use clickable map to make moves on their device, which I am guessing is most.

We believe this is a bug, and related to iOS 11 (not the device, browser, or CC), and hopefully apple will fix it soon. In the meantime, we ask our affected users if they would prefer the above-mentioned solution. The easier workaround is to use Portrait mode. If there are still issues using Portrait mode, please indicate what map you are playing with and provide the whole situation.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby Mad777 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:23 am

king achilles wrote:After the webmaster has looked into this issue, we believe there is a bug in iOS11.

It seems that when you have an element fixed to the bottom of the screen, and then scroll the screen, the clickable parts of the fixed elements scroll with the screen, even though they visibly stay in the same place. so that is why you can click them by clicking above the action bar, after scrolling. if you don't scroll there is no problem... which would be fine for some maps, but not all. This also explains why portrait mode works, because usually the entire map fits on the screen and no scrolling is necessary, or even possible.

Hopefully apple will fix this bug that we believe is related to this: https://hackernoon.com/how-to-fix-the-i ... f66c7ba3f8

The only (run around) solution for this, for mobile devices, is to move the action bar to the top of the map, and make it not fixed, but static... meaning that it will not scroll with the screen. this would be fine for those use clickable map to make moves on their device, which I am guessing is most.

We believe this is a bug, and related to iOS 11 (not the device, browser, or CC), and hopefully apple will fix it soon. In the meantime, we ask our affected users if they would prefer the above-mentioned solution. The easier workaround is to use Portrait mode. If there are still issues using Portrait mode, please indicate what map you are playing with and provide the whole situation.

iOS 11.1.2 (iPhone & iPad) came out this morning and didn’t resolve the screen issue...
Major Mad777
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby triathlonesk on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:58 am

I’ve had issues as well on my iPhone 8. It only happens at some points but seems to be crucial when it won’t let me attatck. Very frustrating.
Cadet triathlonesk

Return to Bug Reports