chipv's scripts

The home of third-party tools and utilities that can enhance your Conquer Club experience.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: chipv's scripts

Postby elGrande on Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:34 pm

AgentSmith88 wrote:I know of at least one other mod team leader that quit in protest to lack's complete disregard for concerns about those trying to improve the site. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he quit because of the bureaucratic b.s. one has to put up with in his position.

Then again I could be way off base in his case.



So.. I had posted earlier in the day on the thread about "Round Limits". I saw the tweet about it.. headed over.. made a nice post supporting the addition.. but also offered a suggestion about a tie breaker not being decided by only most troops... and I gave a very clear example of why. I then offered my own services to create proper math to figure a winner based on just the data that's already displayed for everyone to see. Anyway.. I come back to check on the thread... and my post is GONE! Completely Censored by the person that started the thread...

Being in the video game industry as I have for over 12 years .. and currently designing a full league/tournament module site.. I knew that removing my post meant that the person that coded the 'Round Limits'... thought they were the only one to think it up and since they coded it.. it was the best option it could be.. blah blah.. everyone else 'F' off.

This is the first time that I have dealt with this moderator or have been censored on these forums. .... and I tell ya.. the post was not in anyway negative or condescending. Who was the moderator that removed my post you ask...?

lackattack..

enough said.
User avatar
Cook elGrande
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:36 pm
Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: chipv's scripts

Postby blakebowling on Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:54 pm

elGrande wrote:
AgentSmith88 wrote:I know of at least one other mod team leader that quit in protest to lack's complete disregard for concerns about those trying to improve the site. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he quit because of the bureaucratic b.s. one has to put up with in his position.

Then again I could be way off base in his case.



So.. I had posted earlier in the day on the thread about "Round Limits". I saw the tweet about it.. headed over.. made a nice post supporting the addition.. but also offered a suggestion about a tie breaker not being decided by only most troops... and I gave a very clear example of why. I then offered my own services to create proper math to figure a winner based on just the data that's already displayed for everyone to see. Anyway.. I come back to check on the thread... and my post is GONE! Completely Censored by the person that started the thread...

Being in the video game industry as I have for over 12 years .. and currently designing a full league/tournament module site.. I knew that removing my post meant that the person that coded the 'Round Limits'... thought they were the only one to think it up and since they coded it.. it was the best option it could be.. blah blah.. everyone else 'F' off.

This is the first time that I have dealt with this moderator or have been censored on these forums. .... and I tell ya.. the post was not in anyway negative or condescending. Who was the moderator that removed my post you ask...?

lackattack..

enough said.

Three things.

1. You don't know who removed your post.
2. IF it was removed, it most likely wasn't lack.
3. What does this have anything to do with this thread?
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Cadet blakebowling
Operations Manager
Operations Manager
 
Posts: 4997
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Re: chipv's scripts

Postby elGrande on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:34 pm

Hey blake... 3 things..

1. You are correct.. I made an assumption.. my apologies.
2. you are assuming it was not lack.
3. It has to do with the quote that was in this very thread.. and also posted on 'lacks' wall.. so.. shhhhh.
User avatar
Cook elGrande
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:36 pm
Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: chipv's scripts

Postby blakebowling on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:38 pm

elGrande wrote:Hey blake... 3 things..

1. You are correct.. I made an assumption.. my apologies.
2. you are assuming it was not lack.
3. It has to do with the quote that was in this very thread.. and also posted on 'lacks' wall.. so.. shhhhh.

I just had the logs checked. There is no record of your post, or of one being deleted in that thread. Therefore I know it wasn't lack.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Cadet blakebowling
Operations Manager
Operations Manager
 
Posts: 4997
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Re: chipv's scripts

Postby ender516 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:23 am

I know I have typed volumes on this site and later found no trace of it. I presume I have simply forgotten to hit Submit. It's a bummer, but I have no one to blame but myself.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:07 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Re: chipv's scripts

Postby Calidrmr on Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:04 pm

ender516 wrote:I know I have typed volumes on this site and later found no trace of it. I presume I have simply forgotten to hit Submit. It's a bummer, but I have no one to blame but myself.

same here...especially when i have 5 CC tabs open & consulting other posts...lol...lost a complete user guide that way 8-[
Image
<Juan_Bottom>You're like the Barry Bonds of drinking. You don't need the practice you just do it because you like it.
User avatar
Lieutenant Calidrmr
 
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: the corner bar...
Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (1) General Contribution (15)

Previous

Return to Third-Party Tools & Enhancements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DTG1121 and 1 guest

Login