Conquer Club

Map Rank GL Support Bounty Competition

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Map Rank GL Support Bounty Competition

Postby morleyjoe on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:16 am

ender516 wrote:I am getting a photobucket logo indicating that the Random loss icon is not available. Anybody else see this?

Good work so far, but hopefully someone just as talented will continue the fixing.

Me too, for all the icons - have to turn them off or go back to the old version. These were always great to have because it's good to know if you've already beat someone for that medal before joining or not.
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby agentcom on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Calidrmr wrote:just curious, why do you want to remove the ratings/display icons options? I like seeing those next to the player's names, so I know at a glance if a game is helping me with my medals.

I second this. I liked that feature.

Also, the new settings don't seem to have affected fog, but I'm wondering if Trench Warfare will be added as an option. Considering I only have 1 unfinished game with that setting, it's no big deal if it doesn't happen soon.

Wish I knew enough about Java to help out. Someone earlier asked how easy it is to learn. As far as I know, it's about as easy/hard as any other programming language.
Colonel agentcom

Postby ISN2 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:19 am

Just a tip for whoever likes to continue developing this tool, To avoid all future problems with hosted images and etc, we can use URI for images in places of URLs ...

That will make all images built in the script and the script would be stand alone ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_URI_scheme

So those nice images could be kept without any worrying about the hosting place ...
Major ISN2

Postby ender516 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:25 pm

ISN2 wrote:Just a tip for whoever likes to continue developing this tool, To avoid all future problems with hosted images and etc, we can use URI for images in places of URLs ...

That will make all images built in the script and the script would be stand alone ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_URI_scheme

So those nice images could be kept without any worrying about the hosting place ...

This is certainly worth considering. Greasemonkey metadata also provides for @resource information which might have a performance advantage, but I understand that Chrome doesn't support it, and it is nice to be able to support multiple browsers with a single script.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby ender516 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:32 pm

agentcom wrote:... Also, the new settings don't seem to have affected fog, but I'm wondering if Trench Warfare will be added as an option. Considering I only have 1 unfinished game with that setting, it's no big deal if it doesn't happen soon.

Well, BOB ran into trouble because the game page itself changed, breaking the way BOB determined if a game was foggy or not. Map Rank looks at completed games, and the API there has been changed in a compatible way, that is, the information about fog is still a yes/no flag, and Map Rank ignores the new trench warfare yes/no flag (for now). It should be relatively simple to add the Trench Warfare feature to Map Rank (easier than Random was, anyway). If I get some time soon, I will take a look at it. Creating the new icons may be the trickiest part (for me at least).

Postby EagleofGreenErth on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:35 am

I have no idea how hard it would be to add the icons for defeated ppl... but thats something i would LOVE to see again.... makes finding what games to join so much easier.... especially for trench where i dont want to waste time playing someone i already beat!
Corporal 1st Class EagleofGreenErth

Postby morleyjoe on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:40 am

EagleofGreenErth wrote:I have no idea how hard it would be to add the icons for defeated ppl... but thats something i would LOVE to see again.... makes finding what games to join so much easier.... especially for trench where i dont want to waste time playing someone i already beat!

Agreed. This applies to all games I join. Even more so, it motivates me to beat someone who may already have beat me in similar settings.
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby agentcom on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:45 pm

ender516 wrote:
agentcom wrote:... Also, the new settings don't seem to have affected fog, but I'm wondering if Trench Warfare will be added as an option. Considering I only have 1 unfinished game with that setting, it's no big deal if it doesn't happen soon.

Well, BOB ran into trouble because the game page itself changed, breaking the way BOB determined if a game was foggy or not. Map Rank looks at completed games, and the API there has been changed in a compatible way, that is, the information about fog is still a yes/no flag, and Map Rank ignores the new trench warfare yes/no flag (for now). It should be relatively simple to add the Trench Warfare feature to Map Rank (easier than Random was, anyway). If I get some time soon, I will take a look at it. Creating the new icons may be the trickiest part (for me at least).

"Creating" the icons shouldn't be that tricky. I'm pretty sure all the icons were simply the "metal" part of the corresponding medal. I.e. the symbol but not the ribbon. E.g. crosshairs for assassin.

One day, I came across a page on this site where they hosted CC-related images. I believe the purpose was so that you could have a stable source for a CC image that you want to display here or on another site. I don't remember if there were any images of medals, but if this directory still exists, I don't think it would be too much to ask lack to post the image files of medals there. Then you or someone could just cut off the top half of each one and ask lack to host those symbols, too.

Creating them should take about 5 seconds in any program with a crop function. Hosting them should take about the same amount of time for anyone (lack) with access to the directories.

I really liked the medals when they had them. I used them for some medal hunting a while back. It was a fun break from my usual gameplay.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Sniper08 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:30 pm

is there gonna be a competition running to support the new trench feature?
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ender516 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Sniper08 wrote:is there gonna be a competition running to support the new trench feature?

I haven't heard about one, and considering that it will be quite easy to add, and the response to the previous competition was not huge, I would be surprised if a new competition were to be held for this.

Postby BluU on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:33 pm

I wrote an upgrade for the maprank script that will support the addition of trench medals.
It will also support the display Icons for all medals.
I must admit that my graphic design skills are not that good, so the following Win and Dark icons didn't come out very pretty: (Random, Trench and Nuclear). But my script does show them next to the player name if you won\lost against him.

I have no idea how to share it, but I guess one of the tech team will need to check it first.
Last edited by BluU on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major BluU

Postby EagleofGreenErth on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:38 pm

BluU wrote:I wrote an upgrade for the maprank script that will support the addition of trench medals.

I must admit that my graphic design skills are not that good, so the following Win and Dark icons didn't come out very pretty: (Random, Trench and Nuclear). But my script does show them next to the player name if you won\lost against him.

I have no idea how to share it, but I guess one of the tech team will need to check it first.

<3
Corporal 1st Class EagleofGreenErth

Postby sherkaner on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:48 pm

BluU wrote:I wrote an upgrade for the maprank script that will support the addition of trench medals.
It will also support the display Icons for all medals.

Nice, I'll have a look and probably share it. If you're ok with github, you could submit the patch there somehow, otherwise you'll have to upload it somewhere where I can grab it (userscripts.org or some normal upload-site).
Colonel sherkaner

Postby BluU on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:09 pm

sent you a link in PM
Major BluU

Postby chapcrap on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

BluU is my hero.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ender516 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:44 pm

I have been working on those same issues, but RL has kept me from completing them. I took the site medal images and trimmed them, and changed the script code to shrink them down automatically. I could have posted just that as an update, but I don't think my free fileden account could handle the traffic, so I have been planning to convert them to data URIs. With that done, I figured that the trench medal was a small amount of work. I will try to finish soon, and we can compare notes. I also have a germ of an idea for embedding the icons in a style or group of styles which could be toggled rather than embedding them repeatedly in the page. I hope that might improve performance. I also thought that the medal icons that are displayed next to a player's name on the My Games page and Game Finder pages could also be displayed on profile pages. I'm just not sure where.

Postby betiko on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:21 am

cool! i think lots of us are waiting for those important updates, thanks!
Major betiko

Postby macbone on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:43 am

Thanks for the great work on this, guys.
Colonel macbone

Postby agentcom on Tue May 01, 2012 7:16 pm

Hey all,

I'm having trouble getting map rank to run on "Closed" maps. It looks like it's calculating games, but the results generated have no games in them:

Map Rank Points Win/Loss Unique Defeats Kill Ratio Relative Rank
Totals New Recruit100 +0 0 from 0(NaN%) 0 (0) N/A N/A (0)
Colonel agentcom

Postby ender516 on Tue May 01, 2012 10:56 pm

agentcom wrote:Hey all,

I'm having trouble getting map rank to run on "Closed" maps. It looks like it's calculating games, but the results generated have no games in them:

Map Rank Points Win/Loss Unique Defeats Kill Ratio Relative Rank
Totals New Recruit100 +0 0 from 0(NaN%) 0 (0) N/A N/A (0)

Which map(s) in particular? Were all the games tournament games?
Are you running Map Rank from the Game Finder page, or picking a map from the Map Rank dropdown on the left menu?
If you could post exactly how are running Map Rank, it could help.

Postby Sniper08 on Wed May 02, 2012 2:35 pm

any word on when you'll get trench added to map rank ender, i know you've been working on it.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ender516 on Wed May 02, 2012 2:42 pm

Sniper08 wrote:any word on when you'll get trench added to map rank ender, i know you've been working on it.

With a bit of luck, sometime within a week.

Postby sherkaner on Wed May 02, 2012 3:59 pm

BluU wrote:sent you a link in PM

I just updated the code at github with BluU's changes, so trench should be an option now.

And I changed the update-mechanism (it was using 2 links from chipv, which I can't change), so next time an update is released you'll get an annoying flashing thing again :).
1.5.4 is the version number now.

link for install: https://github.com/sherkaner/addons-for ... gl.user.js
Colonel sherkaner

Postby chapcrap on Wed May 02, 2012 4:00 pm

sherkaner wrote:

I just updated the code at github with BluU's changes, so trench should be an option now.

And I changed the update-mechanism (it was using 2 links from chipv, which I can't change), so next time an update is released you'll get an annoying AWESOME flashing thing again :).

Fixed
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Sniper08 on Wed May 02, 2012 4:23 pm

sherkaner wrote:

And I changed the update-mechanism (it was using 2 links from chipv, which I can't change), so next time an update is released you'll get an annoying flashing thing again :).

thx :D
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives