Conquer Club

BOB 5.3.0

The home of third-party tools and utilities that can enhance your Conquer Club experience.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby scottp on Sun May 12, 2013 5:44 pm

yes, that fixed it for me.

I have "chat on top" set to true and the snapshot buttons are right back where they belong!

thanks!!!!
Account sitters = MagnusGreeol, concrete, RKCVED
Major scottp

Postby AyeTrain on Thu May 23, 2013 9:40 am

I just upgraded Chrome to 27.0.1453.94 m (on Windows 7), and now BOB 5.2.4 displays gibberish for the snapshots, like if it's not installed. I tried re-installing it, too, restarting Chrome, etc. Can anyone confirm if this is a Chrome 27 problem, or is it just me?
Lieutenant AyeTrain

Postby morleyjoe on Thu May 23, 2013 9:58 am

AyeTrain wrote:I just upgraded Chrome to 27.0.1453.94 m (on Windows 7), and now BOB 5.2.4 displays gibberish for the snapshots, like if it's not installed. I tried re-installing it, too, restarting Chrome, etc. Can anyone confirm if this is a Chrome 27 problem, or is it just me?

Not sure on the versions I'm running, but I've just installed Tampermonkey on my chrome, and it is running BoB better than before, and even MapRank is starting to work a little better too (it really never worked before on chrome, but now has some functions working). Not sure if that helps....GL
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby AyeTrain on Thu May 23, 2013 12:02 pm

morleyjoe wrote:
AyeTrain wrote:I just upgraded Chrome to 27.0.1453.94 m (on Windows 7), and now BOB 5.2.4 displays gibberish for the snapshots, like if it's not installed. I tried re-installing it, too, restarting Chrome, etc. Can anyone confirm if this is a Chrome 27 problem, or is it just me?

Not sure on the versions I'm running, but I've just installed Tampermonkey on my chrome, and it is running BoB better than before, and even MapRank is starting to work a little better too (it really never worked before on chrome, but now has some functions working). Not sure if that helps....GL

Thanks, Tampermonkey did fix the BOB problem. Bit annoying to have to install one tool to use another one: I switched to Chrome from Firefox for my games so I didn't have to worry about Greasemonkey working. But if that's what is necessary, so be it.
Lieutenant AyeTrain

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 23, 2013 12:07 pm

morleyjoe wrote:

Could you link me to a version of Map Rank that works with Chrome please?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby morleyjoe on Thu May 23, 2013 1:43 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
morleyjoe wrote:

Could you link me to a version of Map Rank that works with Chrome please?

I just loaded the most current one by doing a search in the forum.
Major morleyjoe

Postby macbone on Mon May 27, 2013 11:37 pm

OK, my BOB's gone. I just

I'm running Chrome Version 27.0.1453.94 m.

I currently have BOB 5.2.4 installed under Extensions.

It was working earlier, even though Private Team Message and the new chat notification via Chatglove weren't, but the BOB menu's gone from the left side of my screen now. I re-downloaded BOB and added it to my extension page, but it's not showing up when I'm logged into CC.

BOB works in Firefox, though.
Colonel macbone

Postby Melog on Tue May 28, 2013 3:16 am

For some reason BOB doesn't seem to work on chrome. Added script manually, 5.2.4 version of BOB, but it doesn't appear to be present in any game, as if I didn't have it enabled or something (yes I did enable it).

With Firefox it works fine, but can't figure what is the problem with chrome?
Any ideas?
Lieutenant Melog

Postby morleyjoe on Tue May 28, 2013 4:48 am

Almost every script add-on is was screwed up by the latest upgrade in CC. I have BoB working on Chrome, but that's the only one working for me. That's because I'm using Tampermonkey to run everything. It acts like Geasemonkey in Firefox.
Major morleyjoe

Postby AyeTrain on Tue May 28, 2013 12:13 pm

morleyjoe wrote:Almost every script add-on is was screwed up by the latest upgrade in CC. I have BoB working on Chrome, but that's the only one working for me. That's because I'm using Tampermonkey to run everything. It acts like Geasemonkey in Firefox.

Tampermonkey fixed Chrome/BOB on one computer for me, but not on another one (the script never asks if it should use Tampermonkey or not). For what that's worth.
Lieutenant AyeTrain

Postby ender516 on Tue May 28, 2013 12:28 pm

AyeTrain wrote:
morleyjoe wrote:Almost every script add-on is was screwed up by the latest upgrade in CC. I have BoB working on Chrome, but that's the only one working for me. That's because I'm using Tampermonkey to run everything. It acts like Geasemonkey in Firefox.

Tampermonkey fixed Chrome/BOB on one computer for me, but not on another one (the script never asks if it should use Tampermonkey or not). For what that's worth.

I wonder if the order of installation might have had an effect. I would expect more success with Tampermonkey before BOB. Did you start clean on both machines?
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby AyeTrain on Tue May 28, 2013 2:38 pm

ender516 wrote:
AyeTrain wrote:

I wonder if the order of installation might have had an effect. I would expect more success with Tampermonkey before BOB. Did you start clean on both machines?

I think I followed the same order in both cases: install Tampermonkey, discover that doesn't fix BOB by itself, uninstall BOB and then reinstall. I've certainly tried uninstalling BOB, restarting Chrome, then installing BOB. At that point I believe I should be asked if I want BOB to use Tampermonkey or not, but I don't get the prompt.
Lieutenant AyeTrain

Postby ender516 on Tue May 28, 2013 8:49 pm

If BOB is already installed when you install Tampermonkey, then uninstalling and reinstalling BOB may not go cleanly. I would not expect Tampermonkey to fiddle with scripts or add-ons installed before it was. Try uninstalling both BOB and Tampermonkey, then install Tampermonkey first followed by BOB.

EDIT: I just tried this. Installing BOB alone does not work. Installing Tampermonkey, then BOB, does work. I did not try installing Tampermonkey after BOB.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby macbone on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:17 am

I noticed that we received another update (hotlinks to game instructions, Quick Reply back, maybe other things), but BOB's down in Firefox again. I have a BOB menu if I'm not in a game, but it's not there when I'm in a game screen.

Do the developers (besides Blake) even know that BOB exists? I'd like to see more advanced warning before these updates.
Colonel macbone

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:21 am

It's not working in Chrome either, just fyi.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:21 am

macbone wrote:I noticed that we received another update (hotlinks to game instructions, Quick Reply back, maybe other things), but BOB's down in Firefox again. I have a BOB menu if I'm not in a game, but it's not there when I'm in a game screen.

Do the developers (besides Blake) even know that BOB exists? I'd like to see more advanced warning before these updates.

clickmaps and bob down here this morning... on firefox
Major betiko

Postby gorehound on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:22 am

Same problem here. I would like to see developers trial against BOB before issuing updates!
Major gorehound

Postby morleyjoe on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:37 am

I miss Bob already. And I really hate these constant updates and how they change all the add-on functions. It's nice to see they are being proactive and all, but this update for adding little rules pop-ups is really not needed.
Major morleyjoe

Postby queen victorious on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:42 am

morleyjoe wrote:I miss Bob already. And I really hate these constant updates and how they change all the add-on functions. It's nice to see they are being proactive and all, but this update for adding little rules pop-ups is really not needed.

same here...it's amazing how much i miss it. any idea how long it will be down?
General queen victorious

Postby macbone on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:45 am

I agree, I appreciate the updates, but if I don't have BOB and Clickable Maps, Conquer Club is much, much less fun. It would be awesome if they could test the updates with some of our favorite add-ons, or at least notify the community that updates are forthcoming.
Colonel macbone

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:54 am

+1 for about the last 3 or 4 posts.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby morleyjoe on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:58 am

macbone wrote:I agree, I appreciate the updates, but if I don't have BOB and Clickable Maps, Conquer Club is much, much less fun. It would be awesome if they could test the updates with some of our favorite add-ons, or at least notify the community that updates are forthcoming.

Totally agree - they have this sections for Available Tools/Enhancements, which to me means they understand that there are developers of add-ons out there. But they should really start telling everyone, especially those who work so hard at making these add-ons that most players use, what is changing and when it is being done.

These constant changes in how CC works for me is really taking the fun out of it :cry: - It's part of my routine everyday to log on and play, but starting to really not like it lately because of the changes and how it messes up that routine.
Major morleyjoe

Postby tryagain on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:11 am

Same here. I have lost BOB in game play.
Colonel tryagain

Postby General Brewsie on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:13 am

Come on, guys. BOB has been down for over two hours now. You have members in large numbers in every time zone of the world using this site throughout every hour of every day. This sort of failure is unconscionable. :evil:
Lieutenant General Brewsie

Postby rappel on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:19 am

Thought it was the beta maps at first. Take it this is a CC change, not Bob? All I get is initialising...
Captain rappel

PreviousNext

Return to Third-Party Tools & Enhancements