Conquer Club

iPhone/iPod mobile CC app!

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: iPhone/iPod mobile CC app!

Postby Barney Rubble on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:28 pm

As of March 31 App is not working on my Iphone or my Ipad .Same thing as before after entering all info login returns me to home page .Cannot open App
Lieutenant Barney Rubble

Postby Ballslap on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:48 am

Barney Rubble wrote:As of March 31 App is not working on my Iphone or my Ipad .Same thing as before after entering all info login returns me to home page .Cannot open App

New version of the app has been submitted to apple for release. It should hopefully be released in the next few days. The login problem you are experiencing has been fixed in this version.
Captain Ballslap

Postby Barney Rubble on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:46 pm

Thks for all your hard work Man !!!! =D> =D> =D>
Lieutenant Barney Rubble

Postby kuma32478 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:16 am

Not really a question related to the app, but more to iPad. How do you right click to auto assult?
Private 1st Class kuma32478

Postby Ballslap on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Ok guys, the new version of the app has been released on the app store! For anybody who was having trouble logging in the app should now work. If you have any problems/feedback, please get in touch. Thanks. Also if you can please rate the app 5 stars it will be better for the app and for cc. Giving poor marks for a free app because it doesn't have all the features you would like yet is quite annoying, please don't do it.
Captain Ballslap

Postby Ballslap on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:30 pm

Here is the link again, to make it easier: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/conquer- ... 37999?mt=8
Captain Ballslap

Postby macbone on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:57 am

OK, I'm looking forward to trying it out! I'm stuck with iOS 4.2.1 for a bit.
Colonel macbone

Postby Ballslap on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:58 am

macbone wrote:OK, I'm looking forward to trying it out! I'm stuck with iOS 4.2.1 for a bit.

Cool. Can you let me know if the app works ok on your device? cheers
Captain Ballslap

Postby macbone on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:36 am

Hm. For some reason, I still can't download it on my iPod Touch 2G. I'm running iOS 4.2.1.
Colonel macbone

Postby Ballslap on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:34 pm

macbone wrote:Hm. For some reason, I still can't download it on my iPod Touch 2G. I'm running iOS 4.2.1.

How do you mean? As in you can't even download it from the app store? The minimum iOS version required is 4.0 so you should be able to download it with no problem.
Captain Ballslap

Postby squishyg on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:31 pm

i'm digging the update! nice work! the icons threw me a little, i thought the bubbles would take me to live chat (i don't want to go to live chat!). nice progress!
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby sportsTroll on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:50 am

First of all, love the app. It has been working great for the last week or however long I have had it. But just tonight it started giving me the Incorrect Credentials popup whenever I try to log in. I have the latest version (got the update tonight) but had the same behavior with the previous version as well. My login works fine on the site through a browser (FF on laptop, Safari on iOS 5.1). Any ideas?
Lieutenant sportsTroll

Postby Crazyirishman on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:03 am

I like all the updates, makes everything run very smoothly. The only odd thing that I've had happen with this new update is that I have no game that are ready. All my active games show up in the waiting tap, but that not a setback in my opinion.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby Ballslap on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:38 pm

sportsTroll wrote:First of all, love the app. It has been working great for the last week or however long I have had it. But just tonight it started giving me the Incorrect Credentials popup whenever I try to log in. I have the latest version (got the update tonight) but had the same behavior with the previous version as well. My login works fine on the site through a browser (FF on laptop, Safari on iOS 5.1). Any ideas?

Crazyirishman wrote:I like all the updates, makes everything run very smoothly. The only odd thing that I've had happen with this new update is that I have no game that are ready. All my active games show up in the waiting tap, but that not a setback in my opinion.

There was maintenance being done on the site yesterday for a while which interfered with the working of the app. It's over now and the app should be working properly again. It is on every device I have tested it on anyways. Let me know if you are still experiencing this problem. Cheers.
Captain Ballslap

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:32 pm

It would be nice if the back buttons also worked when moving into the forums from the open game screen. Currently, to use the back buttons, you have to hit the red X and then go back into the forums using one of the icons at the top.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby EBConquer on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:00 pm

chapcrap wrote:It would be nice if the back buttons also worked when moving into the forums from the open game screen. Currently, to use the back buttons, you have to hit the red X and then go back into the forums using one of the icons at the top.

I'm in agreement here.

Very nice work and progress Ballslap... it's much appreciated!
Colonel EBConquer

Postby Ballslap on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:01 pm

chapcrap wrote:It would be nice if the back buttons also worked when moving into the forums from the open game screen. Currently, to use the back buttons, you have to hit the red X and then go back into the forums using one of the icons at the top.

Thanks for the feedback. I decided not to add browser buttons to the game screen to give you the maximum amount of screen space for taking your turn. I felt they occasionally got in the way.

What do people think? Would it be better to add them to the game screen as well? If so I'll add them in to the next version.
Captain Ballslap

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:03 pm

Ballslap wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. I decided not to add browser buttons to the game screen to give you the maximum amount of screen space for taking your turn. I felt they occasionally got in the way.

What do people think? Would it be better to add them to the game screen as well? If so I'll add them in to the next version.

Well, I understand that, but if they are small at the bottom, there will still be room, IMO. AND, sometimes you want to go back to your previous game to leave a comment or look at something real quick. Hard to do currently.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby macbone on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:48 am

Ballslap wrote:
macbone wrote:Hm. For some reason, I still can't download it on my iPod Touch 2G. I'm running iOS 4.2.1.

How do you mean? As in you can't even download it from the app store? The minimum iOS version required is 4.0 so you should be able to download it with no problem.

Right, when I click to Install it, I get this message: "This App Is Incompatible With This iPod touch."

I have a 2nd gen 8 gb iPod touch with 590 MB free (model MB528LL), and I'm running iOS 4.2.1 (8C148).
Colonel macbone

Postby Ballslap on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:33 pm

Hey guys,

There should be a new release of the app coming out in the next week or so. With this update you will be able to access all features of the site - join/start/find games, inbox, etc.

I've also added browser buttons to all web views.

Are there any other suggestions for this release?

Let me know,

Cheers.
Captain Ballslap

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:03 pm

Since the actual site won't do it, maybe you can do it on the app... Something along the lines of this suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=164867
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Faerie on Sat May 05, 2012 7:20 am

It works ok, but sometimes it is a bit slow. But I think it is due to the spec of my iPhone.
Last edited by Faerie on Mon May 14, 2012 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
New Recruit Faerie

Postby Crazyirishman on Fri May 11, 2012 5:36 pm

I still have the minor problem of having all my games show up in the waiting tab, with none under the ready tab, but it nothing major, the games that I have to take my turn in still show up at the top of the waiting tab. Other than that, all seems good. Great job with the app.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 11, 2012 5:57 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:I still have the minor problem of having all my games show up in the waiting tab, with none under the ready tab, but it nothing major, the games that I have to take my turn in still show up at the top of the waiting tab. Other than that, all seems good. Great job with the app.

I don't have this issue.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Crazyirishman on Sun May 13, 2012 8:46 pm

One thing that just came to mind about the app is if you could make it push notifications about things such as: it's you're turn in game xxxxxxxx, or a teammate left a comment in chat, or hey dummy your time in running low in game xxxxxxxx, then this app would be even more awesome
Captain Crazyirishman

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives