Conquer Club

iPhone/iPod mobile CC app!

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: iPhone/iPod mobile CC app!

Postby Barney Rubble on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:28 pm

Ok I will try that .
Thks
Captain Barney Rubble

Postby macbone on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:52 pm

Any chance you could make a version for those of us with an earlier iOS? It looks like I'm stuck with iOS 4.2.1. =)
Colonel macbone

Postby Barney Rubble on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:55 pm

Rotating on the screen would be good as well !
Captain Barney Rubble

Postby Ballslap on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:59 am

macbone wrote:Any chance you could make a version for those of us with an earlier iOS? It looks like I'm stuck with iOS 4.2.1. =)

I located the problem for pre-iOS 5, made the changes and sent a new version for review on the app store. It usually takes between 4-7 days for an update to go through. I'll let you know when it's been accepted and ready for download. Hopefully it'll be soon!
Captain Ballslap

Postby happy2seeyou on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:09 am

You can get to the forums when you look at your games but once you are in the forums there is no way to go back to a previous page I had looked at. On the Pinterest app, they have a hidden menu bar that when you scroll up, it appears. That kind of menu option would be nice on your app
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby macbone on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Cool, Ballslap! I'll take a look at it when it's updated.
Colonel macbone

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:25 pm

Somewhere to easily accept game invitations would be good.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Crazyirishman on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:43 am

A great start to that app, I like how game waiting menu is set up and how you can see all the players ina game by swiping, its still a little cluncky in terms of using the app, but thats understandable for th first verison. Great job
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby chapcrap on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:13 am

One more thing: A Game Finder option.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby EBConquer on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:31 am

Ballslap wrote:Thanks EBConquer! Appreciate the feedback.

Being honest I thought the app would only be used for actual gameplay so didn't add in a back button. Would a "forum" button on the main view which brought up a browser with controls, i.e. back, refresh, etc. work? Or would you want to be able to access the forum via the game view, with added controls on this browser as well?

Are people interested in the CC News feed? Should I add this to the next version as well?

i would say probably controls during the game view. i frequently find myself checking peoples walls, tournaments, etc and a back button would be a nice addition without having to go back to the main view if i don't need to.

Also too, in the 'main view', would it be a big deal to put the players names next to the game number so that you don't have to scroll right to see who's playing. seems there would be enough room. (what about throwing in the number of cards everybody has? this one isn't a big deal... just a perk).

i'm not too interested in the CC news feed as other things would seem to take precedence. also, i know some have mentioned not wanting to pay for the app but a suggestion would be to put a 'donate' there in case anybody wants to help support your efforts as these things take time and lord knows you're not getting paid by the site.

cheers!
Colonel EBConquer

Postby Ballslap on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:19 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:A great start to that app, I like how game waiting menu is set up and how you can see all the players ina game by swiping, its still a little cluncky in terms of using the app, but thats understandable for th first verison. Great job

Thanks, appreciate it! What exactly do you mean by "clunky"? Is there anything in particular about the general use of the app that I can improve on? Do you like the swipe on the main screen to view extra info (I will add other info soon soon, cards, game info, etc.) is useful Is it obvious that you can do it or would an icon or indicator to show that it is there be worth putting in?
Captain Ballslap

Postby happy2seeyou on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:01 am

it would be nice to have larger buttons to press instead of looking at the site as if on safari.

ps. I'd pay for the app once it was working more smoothly
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby Ballslap on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:12 pm

Hey guys,

The update to the app has just been accepted by the app store. For those of you who were having problems running the app on pre-iOS 5.0 devices - just update it (or reinstall if you have deleted it!) and the app should work properly now. If you are still having anymore problems just let me know.

Cheers!
Captain Ballslap

Postby Ballslap on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:48 pm

Actually looks like something has gone wrong with the app store. Hold off updating for the moment.
Captain Ballslap

Postby Ballslap on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:58 pm

Ok I have tried it again and everything seems to be working properly. Let me know if you have any problems with it!
Captain Ballslap

Postby QoH on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:16 pm

Any chance you can do this for Android as well?
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby squishyg on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:53 pm

The red x stopped working for me after the update.

The absolute next thing I would like from this app is compatability with invitations. I can't use the app if I'm going to miss tournament games.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby grifftron on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:22 am

This has been a great app to have so far.. keep up the good work!
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby squishyg on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:45 pm

I am so addicted to this app! I'm not even going into safari anymore to access CC. So I need invite compatibility stat!

Awesome job!
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby chapcrap on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Another thing about this app:

In the middle of a turn, I had to switch from computer to the phone. That's fine, but the game was in progress and it was not listed at the top of the games. If you have a turn in progress, it should be at the top of the list.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:55 pm

Ballslap wrote:
macbone wrote:Any chance you could make a version for those of us with an earlier iOS? It looks like I'm stuck with iOS 4.2.1. =)

I located the problem for pre-iOS 5, made the changes and sent a new version for review on the app store. It usually takes between 4-7 days for an update to go through. I'll let you know when it's been accepted and ready for download. Hopefully it'll be soon!

I have an Iphone 3G with iOS 4.2.1 and It says this is not compatible.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Crazyirishman on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:54 pm

What I meant by clucky is that sometimes the map won't fully load, there will be a giant black region on the botton 1/3 of the screen and I'll be unable to scroll. but if I flip my phone then it will all be there afterwards
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby chapcrap on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:38 am

Crazyirishman wrote:What I meant by clucky is that sometimes the map won't fully load, there will be a giant black region on the botton 1/3 of the screen and I'll be unable to scroll. but if I flip my phone then it will all be there afterwards

This does not happen to me.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Crazyirishman on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:01 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Crazyirishman wrote:What I meant by clucky is that sometimes the map won't fully load, there will be a giant black region on the botton 1/3 of the screen and I'll be unable to scroll. but if I flip my phone then it will all be there afterwards

I managed to get a snapshot of what i was talking about on my iPhone, but I'm not sure how I can get it posted to the forums
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby chapcrap on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:58 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

I managed to get a snapshot of what i was talking about on my iPhone, but I'm not sure how I can get it posted to the forums

You probably have to host it somewhere, like photobucket, facebook, instagram, twitter, etc, and then embed it here. You can't just upload to the site from your phone.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Next

Return to Tool Archives