What do you want in a Conquer Club Mobile App

The home of third-party tools and utilities that can enhance your Conquer Club experience.

Moderators: Tech Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What do you want in a Conquer Club Mobile App

Postby runewake2 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:39 pm

The odds calculator is already a feature in the new Windows Phone app, though it still needs some work. I'll be making my code public sometime soon so that other people can see how I did it and it can be integrated into the other apps.

Many of the features that modify how the actual game is played would require an official app as I can't get that information, at least, not easily. I could theoretically scrape the currently loaded webpage to add some of that, but that is more hacking than anything else.

I am still looking into BOB and exploring the possibility of getting Grease Monkey to work in a mobile browser. If I can do this I could simply use BOB instead of reimplementing most of the features.

Out of curiosity, how much would you be willing to pay to make the app premium? That is, removing ads.
Conquer Club Mobile Apps: Conqueror for Windows Phone and Windows 8
Conqueror's going Open Source: Conqueror on CodePlex
Corporal 1st Class runewake2
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (3)

Postby macbone on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:17 am

How much we would be willing to pay ought to be a poll. =)

I'd be willing to pay up to $5 for an ios app that has the features I suggested. For fewer features, say just an odds calculator, I could see myself paying $3, depending on how much the app offered and whether it was superior to Chrome/Safari for ios.

I don't have an Android phone, though, so I wouldn't be able to pick up the app if it were Windows-only, but I think enough people do have Android to make it worthwhile.

Just out of curiosity, how much in time-dollars would you estimate it will end up costing you to develop this app?
Major macbone
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Location: Looking out over Victoria Harbor, thinking about Middle Earth and how good my wife looks
Medals: 83
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby runewake2 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:18 pm

I have currently spent about 40 hours on the app so far, this includes the in app gaming part, game return, live tile, notifications and odds calculator. Adding some of the specific "official app" features that you want would probably take an additional 40 hours.

However, it is worth noting that some of that time is spent researching and teaching myself how to accomplish specific tasks.
Conquer Club Mobile Apps: Conqueror for Windows Phone and Windows 8
Conqueror's going Open Source: Conqueror on CodePlex
Corporal 1st Class runewake2
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (3)

Previous

Return to Third-Party Tools & Enhancements