Maprank, Excel and automated updating

The home of third-party tools and utilities that can enhance your Conquer Club experience.

Moderators: Tech Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Maprank, Excel and automated updating

Postby crispybits on Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:09 am

Is it possible to use an excel web query or some other form of tool to have excel set up with a list of names, press a single VBA macro button, and have multiple map rank searches conducted based on the list of names with the results presented directly within excel?

At the moment we maintain a spreadsheet for clan wars (particularly assigning players to opposing team match picks) but this has to be updated manually by mapranking each clan player on each game type and it's a long and laborious process. Rather than subject someone to 2+ hours of manual updating every now and then it would be very handy to be able to click a single VBA macro button and update everyone's stats automatically. I'm sure we're not the only clan that does something along these lines either (and if anyone from a clan that doesn't reads this and finds a solution there might be more starting to follow suit as updates won't be so painful)

I did have a quick search around for something relevant here but couldn't find anything so apologies if this has been asked before. I know how to use formulas within excel and get online data imported and use the VBA button etc, I just can't work out how to get the information from maprank into excel in the first place.
Major crispybits

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (9)

Re: Maprank, Excel and automated updating

Postby Vid_FISO on Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:14 am

Have a chat with jpk, he's a clever sod when it comes to downloading stuff.
FISO - home of the winners, FPL, SDT, TFF (unfortunately none of them play CC :-))
Major Vid_FISO

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Maprank, Excel and automated updating

Postby crispybits on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:36 am

Mods please feel free to close and archive this thread (unless you want to leave it open for community discussion of course) - with the help of a clan mate I have scrapped this idea and I'm going to try something a bit different...
Major crispybits

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (9)

Return to Third-Party Tools & Enhancements