BOB 5.3.0

The storehouse of handy and helpful plugins/addons and webpages.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby dt03457 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:25 pm

On July 7, 2009 there was a comment in this post about hovering the mouse over a tert and seeing:

"Territories on the map: Highlight (with a certain convention) the territories that border this territory.
6 different options atm: Border (2-way attack), attack-only, defend-only, bombard, bombarded by, mutual bombard"

I see the six different conventions on the map, but don't have a key to tell me what is what. Some I have figured out and some I think i know, but I would like to be certain. Does someone have the map legend/key?

Thanks!!
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class dt03457
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:31 pm
Location: Lutz, FL
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4)

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby ender516 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:53 am

dt03457 wrote:On July 7, 2009 there was a comment in this post about hovering the mouse over a tert and seeing:

"Territories on the map: Highlight (with a certain convention) the territories that border this territory.
6 different options atm: Border (2-way attack), attack-only, defend-only, bombard, bombarded by, mutual bombard"

I see the six different conventions on the map, but don't have a key to tell me what is what. Some I have figured out and some I think i know, but I would like to be certain. Does someone have the map legend/key?

Thanks!!

Well, the help page for BOB, although out of date, included this (I think). However, that is a dead link now, so we should see about recovering and rehosting that. (It would likely be best to embed in BOB itself.) However, all is not lost. In addition to the markers on the map, there is a small region of text on the Game Page entitled Map Inspect. It is just below the My Spoils line, which is below the Game Type, etc., which is directly below the map image. When you are hovering, not only do icons appear on the map, the name of the territory over which you are hovering appears after the words "Map Inspect:" and below that, those same icons appear with an explanatory keyword like "Borders" and the list of territories in that category, with the number of troops on each territory as well.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:07 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby dt03457 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:13 am

ender516,

LOL...Thanks!!! I must be blind as i have never noticed the "Map Inspect:" before, or if I did, I totally ignored it. That works perfectly. Thanks for the tip, it will certainly help me a great deal on some of the maps I play
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class dt03457
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:31 pm
Location: Lutz, FL
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4)

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby cmbdiesel on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:50 pm

OK... what up with the link in post 1 to download BOB??
All I get is a bunch of adware and crap.... no BOB.

Is there a different source than the link that is going to take me an hour to clean off my computer?
User avatar
Captain cmbdiesel
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:56 pm
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby ender516 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:58 pm

When you get to the userscripts.org page for BOB, be sure to click the Install button in the top right corner. Don't be fooled by enormous "Download Now" buttons that are in fact ads. (I think they are labelled as ads, but it can be hard to spot.)
Perhaps we should change the link from the /show/ form to the /install/ form.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:07 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby cmbdiesel on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:57 pm

ender516 wrote:When you get to the userscripts.org page for BOB, be sure to click the Install button in the top right corner. Don't be fooled by enormous "Download Now" buttons that are in fact ads. (I think they are labelled as ads, but it can be hard to spot.)
Perhaps we should change the link from the /show/ form to the /install/ form.

Thanks... figured it out. Thought I was savvy enough to avoid those kinds of things, but nooooo...;-)

Got BOB, up and running. Very cool, now I just have to sort out what everything is...
User avatar
Captain cmbdiesel
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:56 pm
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby Crazyirishman on Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:58 pm

BOB, clickies, and assault odds all stopped working on me last night, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, but to no avail
User avatar
Captain Crazyirishman
 
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Maine, North Carolina, Colorado or somewhere in between.
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6)

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby ender516 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:54 pm

You didn't accidentally disable Greasemonkey, did you? Have you tried reinstalling it?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:07 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby Crazyirishman on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:43 am

ender516 wrote:You didn't accidentally disable Greasemonkey, did you? Have you tried reinstalling it?


Yes I checked to see if I accidentally disabled it, but it was enabled. I then uninstalled and reinstalled greasemonkey but the add ons still aren't working for me. Every time I try to download I just get the script page and the code used for the code.
User avatar
Captain Crazyirishman
 
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Maine, North Carolina, Colorado or somewhere in between.
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6)

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby ender516 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:30 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:
ender516 wrote:You didn't accidentally disable Greasemonkey, did you? Have you tried reinstalling it?


Yes I checked to see if I accidentally disabled it, but it was enabled. I then uninstalled and reinstalled greasemonkey but the add ons still aren't working for me. Every time I try to download I just get the script page and the code used for the code.

Does this happen for all scripts, or just BOB?

EDIT:

A quick thought: go to the Firefox Options dialog and open the Applications panel. Check the content types to see if something is set for Javascript files (.js, .user.js, text/javascript, ...) I'm not sure how it might appear, as there is nothing in there on my machine, but that is the point: my downloads work - Greasemonkey puts up a dialog which does a three second countdown, then enables the Install button. If you are not seeing this, then something is keeping Greasemonkey from working on the file, and it may be in that Applications panel.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:07 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby Crazyirishman on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:34 pm

ender516 wrote:
Crazyirishman wrote:
ender516 wrote:You didn't accidentally disable Greasemonkey, did you? Have you tried reinstalling it?


Yes I checked to see if I accidentally disabled it, but it was enabled. I then uninstalled and reinstalled greasemonkey but the add ons still aren't working for me. Every time I try to download I just get the script page and the code.

Does this happen for all scripts, or just BOB?


All scripts that I tried: BOB clickies, map rank, and assault odds.
User avatar
Captain Crazyirishman
 
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Maine, North Carolina, Colorado or somewhere in between.
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6)

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby ender516 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:44 pm

Whoops, didn't see you were on line. Check my edit above.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:07 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby Crazyirishman on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:19 pm

ender516 wrote:A quick thought: go to the Firefox Options dialog and open the Applications panel. Check the content types to see if something is set for Javascript files (.js, .user.js, text/javascript, ...) I'm not sure how it might appear, as there is nothing in there on my machine, but that is the point: my downloads work - Greasemonkey puts up a dialog which does a three second countdown, then enables the Install button. If you are not seeing this, then something is keeping Greasemonkey from working on the file, and it may be in that Applications panel.


Thanks for the info, but I checked the applications tab and there was nothing for anything javascript related files. Im not sure what would stop greasmonkey from doing that, as I only have a few things in that tab.
User avatar
Captain Crazyirishman
 
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Maine, North Carolina, Colorado or somewhere in between.
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6)

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby ender516 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:26 pm

All I can suggest at this point is to start eliminating other add-ons and plugins from Firefox. Alternatively, you could set up a fresh profile in Firefox and work your way up.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:07 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby Crazyirishman on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:37 pm

ender516 wrote:All I can suggest at this point is to start eliminating other add-ons and plugins from Firefox. Alternatively, you could set up a fresh profile in Firefox and work your way up.


Thanks I committed the great purge of firefox and was able to get everything back. I'm still not sure what the issue was because all me plugins were intact, but I guess that doesn't matter now.
User avatar
Captain Crazyirishman
 
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Maine, North Carolina, Colorado or somewhere in between.
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6)

PreviousNext

Return to Available Tools/Enhancements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Count Belisle, Graceless_, H2over, haraldbluetooth, Kexor, rousseau72, Tiberius Maximus, Woltato and 1 guest

Login