Remove Clutter from BOB Snapshots

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Come on in!

Moderators: Tech Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Remove Clutter from BOB Snapshots

Postby shocked439 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:03 am

Or you could download the script not use it but at least have your chat box cleaned up so you can see tge information you keep missing.
bad dice happen to good players
...We'll roll up a mighty score never give in, shoulder to shoulder we will fight, fight, fightfightfight!
Lieutenant shocked439

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Remove Clutter from BOB Snapshots

Postby ender516 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:52 am

Woodruff wrote:
shocked439 wrote:It's really not that hard to skip over the snap comment bob leaves if you are on a computer without bob.

I keep hearing this, and yet the fact of the matter is that it IS VERY difficult. Ok, I guess it's not hard ot skip over the snap comment, but the problem lies with REAL comments interspersed with the snap comments. Perhaps it is my shade blindness (though I wouldn't think so), but I do have a very difficult time picking out the text between these snaps. I have missed several occasions of teammate text already in a short game.

I do not normally play team games, but am in a tournament where this is required.

At any rate, it seems as though there should be a very simple way for this text NOT to show up in the game chat when it is not an actual link being displayed (as with non-BOB-users).

But hey...tough shit on my part, amirite? After all, expecting good customer service combined with a bit of effort is apparently being rude.
All hail the tech team! Wouldn't want them to get off their ass or anything, when it's much easier to be an asshole.

There is a way for this text (which by the way is not clutter, it is the actual snapshot data) not to show up in game chat. Have your teammates use the other type of snapshot. However, those snapshots are stored on each individual's computer and not easily shared, a problem made worse if a player uses more than one computer. The game chat is used because it is a common storage area accessible to all team members.
If your teammates insist on using snapshots in chat, ask them to put some extra chat lines around them or around the real chat so that it is easier for you to pick those lines out.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Return to Tools Suggestions