If you are already an experienced developer or even want to learn to contribute a new utility for Conquer Club users
then you've come to the right place.
There is a small but potentially bigger API that you can use for your code:
- Maplist XML: http://www.conquerclub.com/api.php?mode=maplist
- Map XML for each map can be found by using the <xml> tag contents and replacing maps.xml in the above URL.
e.g. http://www.conquerclub.com/maps/Africa.xml (note this is case sensitive)
- Game Status RSS : http://www.conquerclub.com/rss.php?username=chipv
You can also use the userid that you see in the user profile URL: http://www.conquerclub.com/rss.php?user_id=206478
- Conquer Club API : See this topic: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=86562
- Developing Greasemonkey Scripts
- Developing IE7Pro Scripts
- Developing Firefox Extensions
- Developing Google Gadgets
- Developing Mac Dashboard Widgets
- Developing Windows System Tray Icons - can be done in any language as an .exe
Keep in mind the following things during development:
- Usability - make it easy to install and use
- Extensive use of AJAX - i.e. don't!
- Code speed/efficiency - try and make your code lightweight and efficient if possible.
- Ease Of Upgrades - allow hooks for future features.
- Version Installer - try and put in a link to allow users to easily upgrade their version.
- Sufficient help - either in the utility or on your utility thread.