Conquer Club

Clickable Maps :: Version 4.12

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clickable Maps :: Version 3.32

Postby sherkaner on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:12 am

Back up, changing the version now.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Bones2484 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:08 am

Weird. I installed the new version and now Clickable Maps won't even show up in any of my games. It's clearly loaded and clearly activated, but the options don't appear on the left side of the screen (nor will clicking on the map like usual work).

edit: I've made sure my Firefox and GreaseMonkey are both up to date. Still having the problem.
Major Bones2484

Postby danodukebb on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:33 am

Bones2484 wrote:Weird. I installed the new version and now Clickable Maps won't even show up in any of my games. It's clearly loaded and clearly activated, but the options don't appear on the left side of the screen (nor will clicking on the map like usual work).

edit: I've made sure my Firefox and GreaseMonkey are both up to date. Still having the problem.

having the same problem over here
Check out my band: Blink of an Eye and if you have a myspace still please add us!!! http://www.myspace.com/blinkofaneyemusic
Corporal danodukebb

Postby ManBungalow on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:43 am

The update works fine for me, but now the Begin Turn hotkey doesn't have any effect when it's not my turn -- before the update the map would refresh and the turn would be initiated if possible when the hotkey was pressed.
Now the user has to refresh the map and then hit the begin hotkey. This may sound odd, but being able to begin in the same second as an opponent is often vital in freestyle games.
It's not a bug of note, but it's a bit of a pain and makes me wish I hadn't installed the update.

Other than that, your work on this fantastic script is much appreciated!
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby bvb on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:00 pm

danodukebb wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:Weird. I installed the new version and now Clickable Maps won't even show up in any of my games. It's clearly loaded and clearly activated, but the options don't appear on the left side of the screen (nor will clicking on the map like usual work).

having the same problem over here

Add one more. This with the latest version on Firefox. BOB was already updated to latest.

[edit]Scratch that. I installed from your link a couple of posts up and it works now.[/edit]
Cook bvb

Postby Doc_Brown on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:08 pm

I have v3.33 installed, but I noticed that the "Latest version installed" message is no longer at the bottom of the CM panel. It has "User Guide" at the bottom with "Latest version" right above it. Also, the version message has the background coloration (the color of the large panel that includes all the various menus) rather than the CM menu color. This isn't a big issue and doesn't affect playability, but I thought I'd report it anyway.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby ponzi on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:53 pm

CLICK MAPS HAD AN UPDATE SO I DOWNLOADED IT, AND NOW THERE IS NO MORE CLICKMAPS
I UNINSTALLED GREASEMONKEY AND REINSTALLED IT THEN CLICK MAPS, BUT THER EI S NO MORE CLICKMAPS ON MY CMOPUTER?!?!?!

please help
Sergeant 1st Class ponzi

Postby KraphtOne on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:11 pm

ManBungalow wrote:The update works fine for me, but now the Begin Turn hotkey doesn't have any effect when it's not my turn -- before the update the map would refresh and the turn would be initiated if possible when the hotkey was pressed.
Now the user has to refresh the map and then hit the begin hotkey. This may sound odd, but being able to begin in the same second as an opponent is often vital in freestyle games.
It's not a bug of note, but it's a bit of a pain and makes me wish I hadn't installed the update.

i too have the same complaint...
Look on my works ye mighty and despair...
Major KraphtOne

Postby monster10 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:18 pm

mine shows update available thing very annoying plz help

edit:it keeps switching to installed an update available and it is a smaller box

edit version 3.33
Corporal 1st Class monster10

Postby josko.ri on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:33 pm

ponzi wrote:CLICK MAPS HAD AN UPDATE SO I DOWNLOADED IT, AND NOW THERE IS NO MORE CLICKMAPS
I UNINSTALLED GREASEMONKEY AND REINSTALLED IT THEN CLICK MAPS, BUT THER EI S NO MORE CLICKMAPS ON MY CMOPUTER?!?!?!

please help

the same problem here. my clickies disappeared after I click "GET clickable maps" link in this thread.
Major josko.ri

Postby sherkaner on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:34 am

ManBungalow wrote:The update works fine for me, but now the Begin Turn hotkey doesn't have any effect when it's not my turn -- before the update the map would refresh and the turn would be initiated if possible when the hotkey was pressed.

agreed, I wasn't aware this changed (no freestyle player myself), but I'll change it asap.
Colonel sherkaner

Re: Clickable Maps :: Version 3.34

Postby sherkaner on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:17 am

Ok, I adapted the script again. Begin turn-button should be fixed.

For those who can't press the Update Available-thingy: please use the direct link, http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/64539.user.js
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Bones2484 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:30 am

sherkaner wrote:Ok, I adapted the script again. Begin turn-button should be fixed.

For those who can't press the Update Available-thingy: please use the direct link, http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/64539.user.js

And yet, I still can't use Clickies in my games for some reason. Luckily on my other computer I haven't updated.
Major Bones2484

Postby sherkaner on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:52 am

Yeah, I don't know the source of that yet. Trying to find out..
(I assume it throws some javascript-error, if someone could hand that to me: that would be useful. Javascript console: ctrl-shift-j. Error should occur when going to a game page).

To revert to the last version before yesterday: http://userscripts.org/scripts/version/ ... 07.user.js
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Bones2484 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:14 pm

sherkaner wrote:To revert to the last version before yesterday: http://userscripts.org/scripts/version/ ... 07.user.js

Thanks! Back to working fine for now. I'll keep using the old version.
Major Bones2484

Postby sherkaner on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:21 pm

I found the source of the error, looks like I used a function that's only available in firefox 3.5 (and Chrome, which is why I used it). So if you're using 3.0 and are unable/unwilling to upgrade, please revert to the old version for now.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Lionz on Sat May 01, 2010 8:41 pm

I have one or more issue with google that is not the easiest thing to explain maybe.

Google is mentioned here?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748

What does Greasemonkey have to do with google? Does it run on mail.google.com or *mail.google.com*?
Last edited by Lionz on Sun May 02, 2010 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Lionz

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sun May 02, 2010 11:20 am

Bones2484 wrote:
sherkaner wrote:To revert to the last version before yesterday: http://userscripts.org/scripts/version/ ... 07.user.js

Thanks! Back to working fine for now. I'll keep using the old version.

The old version works for me as well, while the new one does not ;)
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Pokerastin8r on Tue May 04, 2010 12:51 pm

I have about 98% connection..what could cause this add on to lag all the time. I see people managing 1 move / second but due to lag that's absolutely impossible for me. How to get rid of lag?
Private 1st Class Pokerastin8r

Postby VOC on Wed May 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Is it easier to play with clickable maps?
Major VOC

Postby sherkaner on Wed May 12, 2010 12:47 pm

Depends on what your problem is. If you understand the connections and bonusses on a map, but hate to select the right territory in the dropdown-boxes each time, yes it helps.

If you don't understand the connections or bonusses, it helps a little. BOB would be a better choice in this case.

But of course you can use them both, or none if you understand the maps completely and are not annoyed with selecting territories etc.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby VOC on Wed May 12, 2010 12:57 pm

I installed it, with greasemonkey, it works but i think it is though to understand it, but i'll give it a try. Thank you for your feedback. Are there any other helpfull adds?
Major VOC

Postby AAFitz on Thu May 13, 2010 7:41 am

VOC wrote:I installed it, with greasemonkey, it works but i think it is though to understand it, but i'll give it a try. Thank you for your feedback. Are there any other helpfull adds?

yes, practice and you will get it. I myself dropped clickies at first because I made some mistakes, but tried again, practiced and now I love them. Perhaps find a friend, join a map with lots of spots and just go nuts, at the end of the game, maybe even it up and go for broke, but in the interem, you can have some fun learning how to use clickies fast. I myself always try to practice on games I know Ive won too thereby learning with no consequence If I make a mistake.

If nothing else, even if you never get fast, its still 100 times faster than the drop down menus.

Good luck.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Dako on Thu May 13, 2010 7:42 am

I guess it makes sense only to freestyle players. Seq guys don't need clickies.
Colonel Dako

Postby sherkaner on Thu May 13, 2010 10:40 am

I have to have it on for testing. My last freestyle game was in 2009, and I only played 4 that year.
And still if I play at a computer that doesn't have it, I'm slightly annoyed with having to select everything (and usually just install it anyway). So it definately works for sequential players too.
But it does have a huge extra advantage for freestyle speed players.
Colonel sherkaner

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives