Conquer Club

Clickable Maps,

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Clickable Maps,

Postby KoE_Sirius on Mon May 03, 2010 3:39 am

has been painfully slow since the last update.I am already at a disadvantage living so far away from the server and not having Fibre Optic Internet.Now since the update its quicker to use the drop down bar.
Sometimes it takes me 4 seconds to move from one territ to the next.

The "B" hotkey button isnt working as it should either.I am having to Push the "r" button and "b" button together to start my turns.

Its not just me having the problem either..Others have said the same.
Whats the solution ?
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Re: Clickable Maps,

Postby sherkaner on Mon May 03, 2010 4:40 am

Wait, which version do you have exactly? That 'r'/'b' shouldn't be necessary with 3.3.4 (though I should change the behaviour a bit further). And if you were one of the earliest adapters (8 ppl or so, judging from the number of downloads), you could have a flawed version of 3.3.3. (I don't know any other reason why it should take 4 seconds on any system).

But I guess that won't go for everyone you spoke. I used one workaround for getting it to work with Chrome, but that should only cause a delay for a few milliseconds (and I actually removed some other workarounds which weren't necessary any more, so I'm not sure whether it should be slower). Any specific things that seem slower than usual?
Colonel sherkaner

Postby KoE_Sirius on Mon May 03, 2010 7:31 am

When I hold down the alt key its taking anything from 2 seconds to 4 seconds to advance.This is my main issue..The others I am not to worried about.
I have v3.34
I tried to download it 10 times eventually it worked.Maybe thats where my problem is ?
I am using firefox latest version btw..I hope thats the quickest too.
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby Pokerastin8r on Sun May 09, 2010 10:05 pm

Im having the same problems so if it is NOT related to internet connection please MESSAGE ME (PM) the solution(s). On Pokerstars my connection hovers around 99-100%. Use ethernet cable to conenct to college campus network. I don't see why it would be related to my internet network. mostly happens in speed games but still not reaching max speed in casual either.
Private 1st Class Pokerastin8r

Postby sherkaner on Mon May 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Ehm, the problem is noted. Still, I would have expected some more responses if this was a general problem. I tend to not use the alt-thingy, but it seems to work fast enough for me.
Which could mean that this will be a hard one to find out again..
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Pokerastin8r on Mon May 10, 2010 10:55 pm

sherkaner wrote:Ehm, the problem is noted. Still, I would have expected some more responses if this was a general problem. I tend to not use the alt-thingy, but it seems to work fast enough for me.
Which could mean that this will be a hard one to find out again..

I think it might have to do with the type of internet connection. This weekend I'm going to my house and I will test it out there and let you know if it is normal.
Private 1st Class Pokerastin8r

Postby KoE_Sirius on Tue May 11, 2010 12:02 pm

I have broadband running at about a 1/4 of its maximium which 20 mb.In the older version I was at least hitting 1 per second.
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby azezzo on Fri May 21, 2010 5:39 pm

I have Clickable Maps v3.34 and my hot key buttons are not working. otherwise the clickys are working
Captain azezzo

Postby azezzo on Fri May 21, 2010 6:15 pm

something weird must have happened, my hot keys are working fine now.
Captain azezzo

Postby VampireM on Sat May 22, 2010 5:43 am

azezzo wrote:something weird must have happened, my hot keys are working fine now.

was caps lock on? if so ur hot keys wont work until u turn it off.. lol took me awhile to figure that out :oops:
Colonel VampireM

Postby azezzo on Sat May 22, 2010 8:39 am

u r probably right, i had no idea, thanks
Captain azezzo

Return to Tool Archives